Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft @ #2 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: October 14, 2013, 01:04:27 PM

The QB or the DE. Basically this argument boils down to.... Make our QB position better or make the other teams QB position worse

You simply cannot underestimate how vitally important that position is in football.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 14, 2013, 01:05:57 PM

I wouldn't even consider a DE.  If the Bucs are picking 2nd, they should take 1 of 3 players... Bridgewater, Hundley, or Matthews.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 14, 2013, 01:06:58 PM

Depends on who you are looking at for QB.

I think we would be better off with a Mettenberger/McCarron/Murray, which could be had mid/late first...maybe you trade back, or back into the first if you want to take clowney there.

If you want a Mariota/Johnny Football....who know where they will be selected at this point...

I wouldnt draft Clowney, I don't think...but maybe thats why I am not an NFL GM.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 14, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

Hundley or Anthony Barr for me.

I'd take Mariota as well.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 14, 2013, 01:07:46 PM

I want Hundley

acacius

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 14, 2013, 01:09:49 PM

I think that depends heavily on how the team feels about the #2 QB in the draft, assuming Bridgewater goes #1 overall (unless another QB leapfrogs him).  I suspect that the answer is to try really, really hard to get reasonable value to trade down a few spots.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 14, 2013, 01:11:22 PM

we need QB, TE, DE, WR, and OL

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 14, 2013, 01:12:29 PM

I think that depends heavily on how the team feels about the #2 QB in the draft, assuming Bridgewater goes #1 overall (unless another QB leapfrogs him).  I suspect that the answer is to try really, really hard to get reasonable value to trade down a few spots.
We need a bonafide stud in this draft.. Trading down wouldn't be an option for me, not this year.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 14, 2013, 01:13:18 PM

I cringe at the thought of drafting Mariota...

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 14, 2013, 01:15:48 PM

We need a bonafide stud in this draft.. Trading down wouldn't be an option for me, not this year.
The key words in my post were "a few spots".  I wouldn't want to see the team trade out of the top 5 or so.  And I wouldn't object if they said screw it and "reached" for a guy a few spots higher than consensus had him going to make sure they got the right guy.  I definite agree with your conclusion as far as their needing a stud.

meatwad4343

Starter

#10 : October 14, 2013, 01:18:08 PM

I cringe at the thought of drafting Mariota...

has tons of potential though. real boom or bust guy. could just as easily flake out in 3 or 4 years as be an all pro. i'd avoid that kind of player that high though.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 14, 2013, 01:19:46 PM

The key words in my post were "a few spots".  I wouldn't want to see the team trade out of the top 5 or so.  And I wouldn't object if they said screw it and "reached" for a guy a few spots higher than consensus had him going to make sure they got the right guy.  I definite agree with your conclusion as far as their needing a stud.
Whether we get the next Von Miller or Andrew Luck/RG3/Wilson, we need to hit big on the one of the top guys this year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2013, 01:21:26 PM

If there is a franchise QB on the board then you take him

jcaulfield8

Second String

#13 : October 14, 2013, 01:41:48 PM

trade with the browns for their 2 firsts and seconds and let them take the qb of their dreams. then solidify OL/DE/LB/WR with those 4 picks and take a veteran qb (shaub, eli...etc) in FA.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 14, 2013, 01:43:36 PM

If there is a franchise QB on the board then you take him
yep. 

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft @ #2 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools