Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft @ #2 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Tampafan8251

Starter
#15 : October 14, 2013, 01:44:48 PM

Lately the talk has been Mariota is closing in on Bridgewater for potentially going number 1, the kid isn't just a runner, that game was against the number 10 ranked D in the nation, and he destroyed them. He was putting balls right on the money, short and deep throws and his speed is a plus. I would love to get one of the three qb's in Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 14, 2013, 01:46:39 PM

If you love a QB, you take a QB. If you have a grouping of closely graded QBs, you take Clowney and try to move up to get your QB.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 14, 2013, 01:48:38 PM

if we're at #2 the logic is that you take a qb

you can roll the dice and trade back and acquire picks and take a qb later in the 1st or the 2nd but thats a big chance you are taking and it looks bad if the guy you could have had turns into a probowler

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 14, 2013, 01:52:57 PM

Manziel.

Even if he "could" go all the way to 15, you pick up your QB and don't look back.

^but that's the way I'd play it out.

After drafting manziel, I'd try to work my way back into the first. More than likely, trading our OL guys away for a couple of seconds beforehand.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 14, 2013, 02:00:08 PM

Manziel.

Even if he "could" go all the way to 15, you pick up your QB and don't look back.

^but that's the way I'd play it out.

After drafting manziel, I'd try to work my way back into the first. More than likely, trading our OL guys away for a couple of seconds beforehand.

Ya, crazy hard to predict where he will land...I'd say if you love him, take him there.

Trade back into the first for TE. (if a prospect justifies it, if not, a slot WR need f'ing speed) Offense could soar with Manziel here..

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 14, 2013, 02:00:40 PM

I wouldnt be shocked if the jags pick ahead of us and take Johnny though.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 14, 2013, 02:54:17 PM

That's one of the few things you've posted that I can agree with. Jags could certainly take JFF at number 1.

The quest for .500 begins...

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 14, 2013, 03:14:19 PM

trade with the browns for their 2 firsts and seconds and let them take the qb of their dreams. then solidify OL/DE/LB/WR with those 4 picks and take a veteran qb (shaub, eli...etc) in FA.
I realize Eli is having a miserable year but he isn't going anywhere. No waaaaay. Doubtful Schaub does either.

Not living, just killing time.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 14, 2013, 03:16:16 PM

Also, I wouldn't touch Clowney in the top 5 until he shows he actually gives a crap about football and plays hard for a game (and produces) this year.

Not living, just killing time.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 14, 2013, 03:34:09 PM

That's one of the few things you've posted that I can agree with. Jags could certainly take JFF at number 1.

that would continue to enforce the fact that they are the worst run franchise in the NFL. i really hope they make this pick so we can get bridgewater

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 14, 2013, 03:41:13 PM

Bridgewater

youngone

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 14, 2013, 04:19:07 PM

Also, I wouldn't touch Clowney in the top 5 until he shows he actually gives a crap about football and plays hard for a game (and produces) this year.
Anthony Barr from UCLA is a safer pick that Clowney.. Clowney is dominate when he wants to be, Barr is dominate all the time because he wants to be.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 14, 2013, 04:27:02 PM

1st - Manziel, QB, T A&M
2nd or trade back into the 1st - Aaron Lynch, DE, USF

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 14, 2013, 04:36:19 PM

1st - Manziel, QB, T A&M
2nd or trade back into the 1st - Aaron Lynch, DE, USF

notsureifserious

trade into the 1st for Aaron Lynch? wow...............................what has he done to make you think hes a first rounder this year? he was really good his freshman year at Notre Dame and then flamed out. now hes at USF and playing about 30lbs lighter and hes not exactly lighting it up.

Tate Forcier had an amazing freshman year at michigan and then flamed out the next year. 1 season doesnt make a career

ctymniak

Second String

#29 : October 14, 2013, 04:53:03 PM

I take the QB in the second round.  We see this every year and this year will be no different.  Only 3 teams will need to draft a QB in the first round.  Meaning we can get Clowney and the best QB not drafted at the top of the second. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft @ #2 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools