Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft @ #2 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SDBucs

Second String

#30 : October 14, 2013, 04:57:41 PM

DE?

Hell no.

Maybe if we had some sort of option at QB or if Glennon makes HUGE strides this season.

We better be taking O-line or a QB with the top pick.

chrisras

Starter

#31 : October 14, 2013, 05:00:52 PM

if we're at #2 the logic is that you take a qb

you can roll the dice and trade back and acquire picks and take a qb later in the 1st or the 2nd but thats a big chance you are taking and it looks bad if the guy you could have had turns into a probowler

Hey dexmonkey  What are you thoughts on Clowney?  Who do you compare him to and is he all he's hyped up to be?  He looks very impressive to me

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 14, 2013, 05:15:14 PM

If there is a QB on the board that is available to us and management thinks that he will be a franchise QB, you take him... period.  You don't risk losing him.  If God forbid it's Manziel, then so be it.  Let's just hope it's not Mark Dominik doing the drafting.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 14, 2013, 05:35:46 PM

If we are picking  2nd then that means we won two games max.  That means Glennon ain't the guy.  Anything less than a QB would be stupid.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 14, 2013, 05:42:57 PM

Clowney worries me... a lot.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#35 : October 14, 2013, 05:44:59 PM

If we are picking  2nd then that means we won two games max.  That means Glennon ain't the guy.  Anything less than a QB would be stupid.

Strong point, sir.

The quest for .500 begins...

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 14, 2013, 06:06:45 PM

if we're at #2 the logic is that you take a qb

you can roll the dice and trade back and acquire picks and take a qb later in the 1st or the 2nd but thats a big chance you are taking and it looks bad if the guy you could have had turns into a probowler

Hey dexmonkey  What are you thoughts on Clowney?  Who do you compare him to and is he all he's hyped up to be?  He looks very impressive to me

when Clowney is motivated he is an unstoppable destructive force. go look at his 2012 film. he demands double and even triple teams. hes an athletic freak, 6'6 270 and runs probably a 4.7 or so. his issue this year is that hes been reading his press clippings and has checked out. I think hes playing not to get hurt. it raises a question of his desire and drive. if he goes somewhere with a coach that can motivate him and focus him he could be the best ever at Defensive End. hes got the talent to do it, theres no doubt

its hard for me to find a good comparison. a bigger Jevon Kearse maybe because of his athleticism. scary passrusher like Bruce Smith where hes a threat to take you out on every play. hes kind of hard to pin down but hes a once in a generation type talent

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 14, 2013, 06:14:09 PM

He checks out, bad attitude pass.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 14, 2013, 06:14:55 PM

S&B is correct here. If we are picking #2, we are def in the market for a QB and Schiano is not our coach.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#39 : October 14, 2013, 06:20:06 PM

Clowney may be very impressive physically and he may be dominant "when motivated"... but who cares??? Like we all are saying, it's only when he's motivated. That tells me he doesn't care enough and I'd avoid him like the plague. Unless he turns it on this year and shows he has a constant motor he isn't a top 5 pick, or shouldn't be.
He seems to have checked out this year and that's enough for me to pass him up.

Not living, just killing time.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 14, 2013, 06:28:04 PM

Clowney may be very impressive physically and he may be dominant "when motivated"... but who cares??? Like we all are saying, it's only when he's motivated. That tells me he doesn't care enough and I'd avoid him like the plague. Unless he turns it on this year and shows he has a constant motor he isn't a top 5 pick, or shouldn't be.

that's my thoughts on him

its a catch 22. hes so damned impressive that its hard to pass on him but the current motivation is such a killer that you are scared to pull the trigger. im glad I don't have to make choices like that

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 14, 2013, 06:28:54 PM

I'd love to see him turn things on and be a beast, but if he isn't working hard and wont play then screw him.

Not living, just killing time.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 14, 2013, 06:35:23 PM

I'm not saying the Bucs should or shouldn't draft Clowney, but many a great pass rusher has been criticized for having motivation issues or "taking plays off". The Bucs won the Super Bowl with one of them. Being a successful football team is about managing different types of personalities. If you only drafted players who played hard every play, you'd have a bunch of Johnthan Banks type players. Like it or not, many of the best players are mercurial talents.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 14, 2013, 06:36:02 PM

The last thing the Bucs need is another rookie qb. If we had another stud DE playing opposite of Clayborne on sunday, we would have beat the iggles. The only thing our defense needs is a stud DE in the dline rotation.
We should be trying to get Tyrod Taylor here. He's a mobile qb with great field vision and can make every throw and run the option. If Schiano doesnt incorporate the option in our offense he needs to go.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 14, 2013, 06:43:27 PM

The last thing the Bucs need is another rookie qb. If we had another stud DE playing opposite of Clayborne on sunday, we would have beat the iggles. The only thing our defense needs is a stud DE in the dline rotation.
We should be trying to get Tyrod Taylor here. He's a mobile qb with great field vision and can make every throw and run the option. If Schiano doesnt incorporate the option in our offense he needs to go.
The Bucs' #1 objective isn't to beat the likely 7-9 Eagles. The objective is to win the Super Bowl. While with 1-2 different players here or there the Bucs could have beaten the Eagles, Cardinals, Saints, or Jets, at no point have we seen anything close enough to a QB performance that could win the Super Bowl. If the Bucs have access to a Super Bowl caliber QB in the draft, you have to pick him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft @ #2 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools