Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Belichick's high risk move for talib « previous next »
Page: 1

meatwad4343

Starter

: October 14, 2013, 01:14:57 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-belichicks-high-risk-trade-141739047.html

I guess our organization is just that bad. why is it we always let guys go and they blow up on other teams?

80sucks

Starter

#1 : October 14, 2013, 01:28:27 PM

Talib wasn't traded because someone thought he couldn't play (except maybe Hakeem Nicks), he was traded because he was a loose cannon that could/would get suspended at any time.

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#2 : October 14, 2013, 02:45:54 PM

I didn't realize trading a late 4th round pick for a a good young first rounder with a bad attitude was such a huge risk.... Apparently 4th rounders are just flooding the pro bowl these days.

SDBucs

Second String

#3 : October 14, 2013, 04:56:41 PM

High risk? A late pick for a first round talent with behavioral issues.

Worst case you lose a pick that probably won't pan out anyways.

Best case you get an attitude change + the talent he is known for.

I'd say the Patriots got the absolute best case scenario out of this, with very minimal risk involved.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2013, 06:31:06 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-belichicks-high-risk-trade-141739047.html

I guess our organization is just that bad. why is it we always let guys go and they blow up on other teams?

Minus the behavior, Talib has basically been the player he was in Tampa Bay.  Brilliant play here and there with a side of burnt toast mixed in.

Bucs couldn't afford to take the risk of signing him to a long term deal.

Turn the page.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#5 : October 14, 2013, 07:35:36 PM

Between self- inflicted suspensions and lost time to injuries Talib was nothing but a disappointment here. Now, in a contract year, and maybe a little more mature, he has played well for 1/4 of the season ( He did get injured again yesterday). All of a sudden the revisionist are acting like NE pulled off some great heist by getting him.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 14, 2013, 08:51:07 PM

And just like when he was here, he's hurt again

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 14, 2013, 09:26:20 PM

He has lower leg issues, and always will.  They aren't going to get better as he gets older and gets more beat up.  They will get worse, and take away from his game.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Belichick's high risk move for talib « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools