Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano: 'We're going to be good' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

VA_Buc30

Starter

: October 14, 2013, 04:31:03 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers

"TAMPA, Fla. -- A day after he was roundly booed as he came off the field following a 31-20 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano had a message for the fans.

"The only thing I can say to the fans is, if they can hang in there, we're going to be good," Schiano said. "If they can't, we're still going to be good and they're welcome back. I'm not being smart, I mean that."

The Bucs are 0-5 and they've been in the news for more than just their futility on the field. There was the public feud between former Bucs quarterback Josh Freeman and Schiano. That ended with Freeman being released and signing with Minnesota. But the controversy didn't end there. The Bucs also have had three players dealing with MRSA infections and that's caused the NFL Players Association to get involved. Even a member of the Backstreet Boys called for Schiano to be fired.

Schiano said he understands the fans' frustration.

"At the end of the game, I'm disappointed just like they are," Schiano said. "I understand anything and everything that's disappointment. The fact that our fans care as much as they do, I think that's awesome. When we get it turned, it's going to be really special."

So what does Schiano see out of his winless football team that gives him confidence things can turn around?

"We've had plenty of opportunities to win every football game we've been in this year and we've found ways to lose them," Schiano said. "Now, I'm accustomed to being on the team that finds ways to win them. So I'm not doing my job. I've done it before and I need to do it again, where we expect it and we go do the little things that allow you to win."

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 14, 2013, 04:32:27 PM

Absolutely.....just without your gaptooth punk ass.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 14, 2013, 04:37:17 PM

when we stop playing this mickey mouse defense and hire Lovie Smith

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 14, 2013, 04:56:33 PM

We're gonna score touchdowns!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2013, 04:58:28 PM

Translation: "You're going to have to pay me out my entire contract."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 14, 2013, 05:06:56 PM

*rippling wet fart noise made by mouth*  we have heard you say that on loss Monday every week this year.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 14, 2013, 05:09:37 PM

When was he on the side that won them? He is barely .500 in the high school conference they call the Big East.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2013, 05:11:37 PM

"...we're going to be good," Schiano said.

Well hurry the hell up, then.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 14, 2013, 05:29:22 PM

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 14, 2013, 05:29:36 PM

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 14, 2013, 05:32:03 PM

"...we're going to be good," Schiano said.

Well hurry the hell up, then.

He just missed his window with the Cards and Eagles....things are going to get even uglier

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 14, 2013, 05:36:42 PM

So done with this guy.  Listening now and he just repeats the same nonsense each week.  There is nothing genuine about Schiano. 

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2013, 05:43:47 PM

ya lol@ them letting not having any real bucs fans call in. Everything is "you are doing a good job! Don't listen to fake bucs fans!" HOW THE F*CK HIS HE DOING A GOOD JOB!?

A decade of suck has really sent this fanbase into a spiral.

In New England right now they are saying how mediocre their team is and how bad Brady looks...try being a bucs fan.

pzimm7778

Starter
#13 : October 14, 2013, 05:46:57 PM

So done with this guy.  Listening now and he just repeats the same nonsense each week.  There is nothing genuine about Schiano.

It's also obvious they aren't allowing the callers out for blood through. Other than one guy who just questioned halftime adjustments which he had an excuse for, this has been nothing but callers giving "oral love" to the coach the entire hour. Joke!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 14, 2013, 05:53:12 PM

He sounds horrible.  Overmatched.  He was complaining that the pro halftime is so much shorter than college.  I think he even said it was 45% shorter.  My gawd, embarrassing.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano: 'We're going to be good' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools