Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where's the running game?! « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 14, 2013, 06:03:10 PM

To me...this is the most telling stat of the season so far.  We simply have not been able to consistently run the ball...especially late in games.  When we were on our winning streak last year, that was the main ingredient....

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 14, 2013, 06:04:12 PM

Schiano's got this **CENSORED**.  Sit down and relax. We're going to be good and stay that way.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#2 : October 14, 2013, 06:04:23 PM

Doug would have had over 100 yards yesterday if we hadn't had about 17 holding penalties. The offensive line needs gutting.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 14, 2013, 06:11:44 PM

Schiano's got this **CENSORED**.  Sit down and relax. We're going to be good and stay that way.

Damn right, Bayfisher. People forget that before Schiano this team was a laughingstock.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2013, 06:14:19 PM

Doug would have had over 100 yards yesterday if we hadn't had about 17 holding penalties. The offensive line needs gutting.

The problem is, FreeHawk, that some of his best runs were because of the holding. The thing that irks me as that the Bucs keep getting called for holding, but in watching it seems to me that GMac is getting practically mugged on every play and there are no yellow hankies anywhere. I think the guy would have about seven or eight sacks if not for being blatantly held on practically every play.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 14, 2013, 06:18:25 PM

Damn right, Bayfisher. People forget that before Schiano this team was a laughingstock.

And don't forget "This team needed Greg Schiano."

Clueless and egotistical?

No wonder he has no problem sleeping at night.  He is a legend in his own mind.

Turn the page.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#6 : October 14, 2013, 06:33:24 PM

The problem is, FreeHawk, that some of his best runs were because of the holding. The thing that irks me as that the Bucs keep getting called for holding, but in watching it seems to me that GMac is getting practically mugged on every play and there are no yellow hankies anywhere. I think the guy would have about seven or eight sacks if not for being blatantly held on practically every play.

Thank you for making me realize I need to change my username lol

And I agree about the blatant holds on McCoy. Also, this is a rule I have never been entirely sure of, but block in the back applies to every play, and not just returns, right? Because I saw that pretty blatantly recently. Can't remember whether it was in the Bucs game or not.
: October 14, 2013, 06:35:19 PM FreeHawk

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2013, 06:51:18 PM

Block in the back applies on any play, not only on returns.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#8 : October 14, 2013, 06:57:56 PM

Do they tend to let it slide a little bit more on plays from scrimmage? It seems like a rare call on those plays.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where's the running game?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools