Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Times Do We Fire a Coach?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 14, 2013, 09:47:40 PM

How Many Times Do We Fire a Coach??

Til we get it right!!

We had it right, and our know it all fans ran that guy out of town too.

Wrong, the glazers ran that man out all on their own.

9-7 doesn't get the crap that 3-13, 6-10, or even 0-5 does.

Whatever happened to them, it was personal. No way do they eat that money for three more years if it wasn't motivated by something else other than just being average.

Of course, I think with the constantly great defense, and winning a SB, went to everyone's head. Raheem could fill in for gruden, and ruud, for brooks? Yeah, a lot of spoiled fans and owners alike.

But, if they want to get "better" they don't sign raheem, so the whole thing stinks on ice.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 14, 2013, 09:51:33 PM

Til we get it right!!

Whatever happened to them, it was personal. No way do they eat that money for three more years if it wasn't motivated by something else other than just being average.

Of course, I think with the constantly great defense, and winning a SB, went to everyone's head. Raheem could fill in for gruden, and ruud, for brooks? Yeah, a lot of spoiled fans and owners alike.

But, if they want to get "better" they don't sign raheem, so the whole thing stinks on ice.

You're forgetting what it was like around here during the four game losing streak that ended Gruden's tenure here. It was IDENTICAL to the constant **CENSORED**ing and moaning going on right now about Schiano. The Glazers gave the fans what they were crying for, it wasn't their decision alone. In fact I'm almost sure there was a story about it a short time after, about how the Glazers made the move because of how the fan base reacted to the losing streak. I'd have to go search for it.

edit: Here ya go...

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/10710/20090127/glazer_says_fans_helped_fire_gruden/
: October 14, 2013, 09:54:10 PM Escobar06

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 14, 2013, 09:52:37 PM

Til we get it right!!

A Superbowl win does not a lifetime pass make.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 14, 2013, 09:54:04 PM

Gruden is a vastly superior coach to Rah and Schiano, and would be welcome back with open arms in my book.

Just keep Dom as the GM at that point though...he is a better drafter than Gruden is.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 14, 2013, 09:55:04 PM

Every time we fire a HC, we essentially start over and are asked to wait for the "rebuild" to work.  Ughhh!!

Seems we are "hiring" the wrong people maybe??  <sarcasm>

I maintain that we make one last ditch effort and clean the entire house, from Dom on down.

You bring in an experienced GM and HC and afford them the same luxury as Schiano in that you spend $$$ on quality FA's.

Agree with SR's F5.....get a quality HC, GM, and QB with the rest of the talent on this roster and you will see W's.  Until then, the losses will continue to mount and the fan base will continue to dwindle.

Sidenote"  Might as well go back to the Creamcicles.....we are playing that way AND the majority of fans in the stands at Tampa are those of the Buc opponents---just like the old days.

Nice to see you posting again, even under the circumstances.

IMO, it was really only the last two hires that were mistakes.  And both of them were with Dom at the helm.  Whether someone wants to think Dom had a huge role or no role in the decisions is irrelevant. Either he is giving them bad advice, or they don't respect his advice enough to follow it when it comes to coaches.  They need to replace him with someone they will trust to make the decision, and let him do it.  Obviously they are in a slump.

The Glazers are not getting enough blame.  It is time for the media to go after Dom and those Red Devils.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 14, 2013, 09:55:59 PM

Til we get it right!!

A SB, multiple division titles, consistently competitive teams, etc.

But who's asking for a lifetime pass? I'm just saying that at this point it should be fairly obvious to all firing Gruden was a mistake.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 14, 2013, 09:58:30 PM

Clean house, from the top down. Time to break out a new broom, I'd say. The team has taken hit after hit. The word "embattled" doesn't begin to describe where we are at this point. Glazers need to show the community and the league that they're serious about putting a consistent winner on the field.

Are they any more Harbaugh's available?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 14, 2013, 10:01:08 PM

"LOL" all you'd like, the truth is the truth. How about you provide some evidence that we've been better off since Gruden was fired.

edit. Wow, Hate going the Morgan route of deleting posts. Interesting.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 14, 2013, 10:01:17 PM

Til we get it right!!

You're forgetting what it was like around here during the four game losing streak that ended Gruden's tenure here. It was IDENTICAL to the constant **CENSORED**ing and moaning going on right now about Schiano. The Glazers gave the fans what they were crying for, it wasn't their decision alone. In fact I'm almost sure there was a story about it a short time after, about how the Glazers made the move because of how the fan base reacted to the losing streak. I'd have to go search for it.

edit: Here ya go...

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/10710/20090127/glazer_says_fans_helped_fire_gruden/

Thankfully, I wasn't one of those fans, as I knew it could'v been worse.

Still, the choice was theirs alone, and how many times have the bucs looked bad and they kept on with the same ol, same old?

That's a copout. They wanted him gone before that for whatever personal reason they had. Virtually any owner can use a bad season to get the fans to follow along with what they're selling. They used four games to oust a Superbowl winning coach. Could you imagine the pats doing the same when they have a bad streak? Unheard of.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 14, 2013, 10:02:49 PM

Til we get it right!!

But who's asking for a lifetime pass? I'm just saying that at this point it should be fairly obvious to all firing Gruden was a mistake.

This sounds like a guy that was married to a bltch, got out....didn't have much success dating, then longs to be back in a bad marriage. Man up....life is better viewed thru the windshield than the rear view mirror.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 14, 2013, 10:06:35 PM

Til we get it right!!

This sounds like a guy that was married to a bltch, got out....didn't have much success dating, then longs to be back in a bad marriage. Man up....life is better viewed thru the windshield than the rear view mirror.

Or maybe it turns out the man was really the **CENSORED**, and had it all wrong to begin with? Or perhaps the man was sick of the expenses that came along with the **CENSORED**, and decided a cheaper **CENSORED** was the way to go. A lot of different ways to look at this scenario.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 14, 2013, 10:08:38 PM

Til we get it right!!

Oh snap!

I would think Esco is probably barely in his twenties...and to get married that early is foolhardy, IMO.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 14, 2013, 10:09:24 PM

You can choose to look at it however you like. Nothing that's happened post Gruden would make me want to return to the constant shuffling of old guys and zero regard for the future.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 14, 2013, 10:13:59 PM

You can choose to look at it however you like. Nothing that's happened post Gruden would make me want to return to the constant shuffling of old guys and zero regard for the future.

Boom! To say the least....!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 14, 2013, 10:15:16 PM

The aging players Gruden brought in were a result of our cap situation, it's not as though superstars in their prime were passed up in favor of aging vets. We've been paying attention to the future for years now, where do we stand?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Times Do We Fire a Coach?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools