Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprised? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 04, 2013, 02:01:26 PM

Vin claims these incidents always include an assault rifle. Vin posts on this topic non stop. Vin claims he doesn't believe the banning of assault rifles is justified.

One of these statements doesn't fit with the others.

Save it Vin, as I've stated repeatedly, you're a coward. You expect us all to believe you have no desire to see these types of weapons done away with? Why then would you spend so much time talking about them? Why would you post a picture of one and then go on to tell us they are ALWAYS the gun of choice? You don't want anything done about them, you just thought you'd point out various bits of information? THIS is the route you're taking now? You honestly thought this would fly?

What a sad life, you lack the courage to stand behind your own opinions.

This is the anti-gun crowd folks. Change we can believe in.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 04, 2013, 04:46:44 PM

Why did this guy, the Santa Monica killer, the Colorado movie theater killer and the Sandy Hook killer chose "assault rifles?"  I ask Spartan the same question.  Look forward to the answers. You realize the Santa Monica killer had to build his assault rifle, but still did? You realize the Sandy Hook killer had access to many guns but still chose an "assault rifle?"  Why?

The answer is simple, because they believe it is the most effective weapon for the situation.

which was my point, so we agree. Let's see, did that other guy answer?

Btw, its beyond laughable to say "Vin wants all guns banned." The impact of fear, I guess
: November 04, 2013, 04:55:38 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 04, 2013, 04:55:19 PM

Vin claims these incidents always include an assault rifle. Vin posts on this topic non stop. Vin claims he doesn't believe the banning of assault rifles is justified.

One of these statements doesn't fit with the others.

Save it Vin, as I've stated repeatedly, you're a coward. You expect us all to believe you have no desire to see these types of weapons done away with? Why then would you spend so much time talking about them? Why would you post a picture of one and then go on to tell us they are ALWAYS the gun of choice? You don't want anything done about them, you just thought you'd point out various bits of information? THIS is the route you're taking now? You honestly thought this would fly?

What a sad life, you lack the courage to stand behind your own opinions.

This is the anti-gun crowd folks. Change we can believe in.

On the one hand you are calling me a "coward" for supposedly lacking the "courage to stand behind [my] own opinions." On the other hand, you posted that I post my opinions "on this topic non stop."   Are you drunk? LOL, your ramblings make no sense. 

Seriously though, I may be the only poster who has actually said what I do stand for when it comes to guns. With the exception of Spartan, who has at least tried once, you and the other gun guys simply reject almost any discussion out of hand, categorizing any different view as an outright attempt to ban all guns (see the comments in this thread, lol) . . . . and you do so out of FEAR . .  which makes your calling me a "coward" even funnier.

There's nothing personal about my views on guns. I don't think you a lesser person because you own a gun or guns (irony), I just think the "reject everything" approach is illogical and driven by fear.

(Btw, for what its worth, since you mentioned the Obama slogan "change we can believe in,"  I am a conservative, not a liberal. I have also spent a lot of my life around guns and believe in the Right to Bear Arms.)
: November 04, 2013, 04:57:29 PM VinBucFan

spartan

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 04, 2013, 06:09:51 PM

Just because he THOUGHT it was the best weapon doesn't make it so does it? If I thought a ladle was the best weapon would that be relevant?  Let's put it into perspective here. He runs into the LAX airport with a really mean looking "assault weapon" and shoots 3 people killing 1. Sad as that might be,  9 people were shot with handguns in Chicago this weekend killing 3. What was your point again?

Oh, for the record, a friend of mine took his AR to Georgia this weekend and killed 2 hogs. They are apparently tearing up the countryside and making a right mess. Hog hunting is a good method of pest control by all accounts.

Btw, its beyond laughable to say "Vin wants all guns banned." The impact of fear, I guess

You have already said you want a gun ban, a la Australia but more stringent so how is that fear?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 04, 2013, 07:12:28 PM

Just because he THOUGHT it was the best weapon doesn't make it so does it? If I thought a ladle was the best weapon would that be relevant?  Let's put it into perspective here. He runs into the LAX airport with a really mean looking "assault weapon" and shoots 3 people killing 1. Sad as that might be,  9 people were shot with handguns in Chicago this weekend killing 3. What was your point again?

Oh, for the record, a friend of mine took his AR to Georgia this weekend and killed 2 hogs. They are apparently tearing up the countryside and making a right mess. Hog hunting is a good method of pest control by all accounts.

LOL, my point was that these types of crimes have a copycat quality to them, so now people bent on mass murder seem to look for assault rifles. They are "glamorized" by the sellers and in culture as killing machines. And, the simple fact is they are the most deadly weapon in many circumstances.  Weigh that against the fact that they serve almost no redeeming social purpose  . . .  and  . .  . well.  Now, how did the tiny minority of people that have to deal with hogs do it for all these years without "assault rifles"?

Spartan, your comment on the LAX killing are so intellectually dishonest as to almost not merit a response, but AS YOU PROBABLY KNEW when you typed that nonsense, the guy in LAX didnt kill more people because he was specifically seeking out TSA and government people.  From CNN:

"Eyewitnesses said the suspect asked people, "Hey, are you TSA?" -- the acronym for the Transportation Security Administration -- according to a federal law enforcement official. If they said "no," he would move on.
One of those questioned travelers was Leon Saryan. He told CNN's Anderson Cooper that the same man he'd just seen shoot a TSA officer "calmly" walked toward him and asked, "TSA?"
"I just shook my head," Saryan said. "And he kept going."

He could have wiped out most of the concourse. Again, from CNN:

Also there was more than 100 rounds of unspent ammunition, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said, enough to "have literally killed everyone in that terminal today."

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 04, 2013, 07:13:09 PM

You have already said you want a gun ban, a la Australia but more stringent so how is that fear?

huh? link?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 04, 2013, 07:24:08 PM

Spartan, your comment on the LAX killing are so intellectually dishonest as to almost not merit a response, but AS YOU PROBABLY KNEW when you typed that nonsense, the guy in LAX didnt kill more people because he was specifically seeking out TSA and government people.  From CNN:

So the weapon he chose bears no relevance to the crime he committed then does it? Or for that matter, your point. If he had sprayed the entire concourse you might have a point. But he didn't so you don't.

Oh, and for the record, pest control is a social purpose, especially in urban farm regions.
: November 04, 2013, 07:28:39 PM spartan

spartan

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 04, 2013, 07:26:01 PM

huh? link?

Not going there or wasting my time. You know it to be true, I know it to be true as does everybody engaged in this conversation, so denying it serves no useful purpose.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 04, 2013, 07:27:28 PM

So the weapon he chose bears no relevance to the crime he committed then does it?

lol ... sad

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 04, 2013, 07:29:43 PM

huh? link?

Not going there or wasting my time. You know it to be true, I know it to be true as does everybody engaged in this conversation, so denying it serves no useful purpose.

in other words, BS.  Anyone who talks about restricting access to guns (there's only 300 million of them, lol) must really want to ban them all and so I am just going to claim its true.   lol

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 04, 2013, 07:30:48 PM

LOL, my point was that these types of crimes have a copycat quality to them, so now people bent on mass murder seem to look for assault rifles.

So how you describe the rap praising, dissing, chest thumping gang killings? Social Engineering?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 04, 2013, 07:37:23 PM

LOL, my point was that these types of crimes have a copycat quality to them, so now people bent on mass murder seem to look for assault rifles.

So how you describe the rap praising, dissing, chest thumping gang killings? Social Engineering?

huh? not sure what you're saying or how it relates to the thread

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 04, 2013, 09:14:52 PM

Because they think they are being "cool" and trying to outdo one another. You know, copycat.

And FWIW folks on this board remember what you have said in the past, so pretending you didn't isn't going to change anything. I don't feel the need to rehash the same old arguments again and search through years old threads to "prove" what you said. I will however highlight that you are woefully uninformed on the subject matter (firearms), normally have very dodgy "facts" and are on an ideological crusade. We all have our crosses to bear, personal hates etc so I don't hold it against you, but I will not stand idly by and have my rights and privileges eroded just because you don't like what I do. Particularly when your "solutions" barely scratch the surface of the problem you suppose to solve.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 04, 2013, 09:36:09 PM

Because they think they are being "cool" and trying to outdo one another. You know, copycat.

And FWIW folks on this board remember what you have said in the past, so pretending you didn't isn't going to change anything. I don't feel the need to rehash the same old arguments again and search through years old threads to "prove" what you said. I will however highlight that you are woefully uninformed on the subject matter (firearms), normally have very dodgy "facts" and are on an ideological crusade. We all have our crosses to bear, personal hates etc so I don't hold it against you, but I will not stand idly by and have my rights and privileges eroded just because you don't like what I do. Particularly when your "solutions" barely scratch the surface of the problem you suppose to solve.

"woefully uninformed" -- about the technical aspects of firearms, sure.  About the subject of guns in America, not.

A guy accusing me of a position that is not mine also accuses me of dodgy facts . . . lol ..  that's rich. 

your fear always surfaces (in bold). I dont like or dislike what you do. I dont care what you do. I dislike entities making profits at the expense of avoidable human death.  You're just a pawn in that battle, they play off your fears because its more noble to talk of eroding rights than profits
: November 04, 2013, 09:40:29 PM VinBucFan

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 04, 2013, 11:58:04 PM

The only people that defend the usage of semi-automatic rifles are the same ones that lack brain cells.

Most rational gun owners use a shotgun or a pistol for home defense or use a hunting rifle for hunting.  These bozos that defend the use of modern semi-automatic rifles in "hunting" or "home defense" are not exactly smart.  Before some one comes in and tells me a repeating rifle can be considered semi automatic let me remind them that a repeating rifle has a far more limited magazine than a modern semi-automatic rifle.

Most Americans agree with background checks but limits on magazines is probably going to be supported by most Americans at some point as well.

Who are you to put limitations on what people can own? People lack brain cells because they have hobbies that are different than your own? An unbelievably small percentage of gun owners commit violent acts and the rules need to be changed for all? What kind of ass backwards nonsense is that?

It is called common sense and logic. If you want to defend why a modern semi-automatic rifle is good for home defense the floor is yours.  Most responsible gun owners know on the other hand that a shotgun is your best choice.  Hunting a boar with a modern semi-automatic? Why?  It is about time we called out the infantile obsession with modern automatic rifles and this "hobby".  Most older gun owners and gun collectors really frown upon these "modern" enthusiasts.  If they are feeling heat because they are being ostracized so be it because what they value isn't what our society or the world in general values. 

And here is my response to Spartan:

Semi-automatic pistols are not early as accurate as many believe.  This is why even well trained military and police officers still have accuracy issues beyond "point blank range".   Movies portray hand pistols as accurate but that is far from the truth. .  In a self defense situation out in the street a pistols isn't accurate and also detrimental if the attacker has closed the distance (especially if they are wielding a knife ready to do some damage).  The truth is that not all guns are good for home defense or hunting purposes.  It could be argued that a modern semi-automatic rifle is no different than the very old repeating rifle that has been around a long time, however the fact is the magazine in a repeating rifle is far more limited than a modern semi-automatic.

: November 04, 2013, 11:59:50 PM alldaway
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprised? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools