Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Coordinators? « previous next »
Page: 1

freddy

Hall of Famer
: November 06, 2013, 01:27:19 PM

OK, hold back the vomit;  Should Schiano be kept on for another year, it would almost certainly come at the expense of one or both coordinators.  Should this happen, who would you find interesting?

OC - I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason Garret let go.  He was and still is a decent OC, he would at least deserve some consideration if available.   

DC - Especially due to their recent wins it may be unlikely, but a late season collapse could see Ron Rivera out as HC.  I think he would make an awesome DC especially with his knowledge of NFC South offenses.

Two semi long shots I know, but if fired I don't think either will be given a shot at a HC position in 2014 so they could be available.

Your thoughts?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 06, 2013, 01:32:06 PM

For your choices - no. But for the possibility of the coordinators being sacrificial lambs for Schiano. Definitely.

Schiano has both replacements already in house. McNulty who he wanted as his OC in the first place and Wanny could move from Special Teams to DC in a heartbeat. At least he'd use Revis properly.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 06, 2013, 01:35:34 PM

For your choices - no. But for the possibility of the coordinators being sacrificial lambs for Schiano. Definitely.

Schiano has both replacements already in house. McNulty who he wanted as his OC in the first place and Wanny could move from Special Teams to DC in a heartbeat. At least he'd use Revis properly.

I didn't even think of those two as I was thinking outside of Tampa but I like them too.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Coordinators? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools