Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Schiano and Dominick get another year... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#15 : November 05, 2013, 03:06:51 PM

Keep in mind that the posters on this board are already the diehard fans.  The Glazers shouldn't worry about losing us, but the casual fans are another story.  They're the vast majority and spend more on merchandise and single game tickets than the season ticket holders.  If the Glazers want to have any hope of selling out a game next season, they had better make some major changes.  Unless they like buying up all of the seats themselves.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#16 : November 05, 2013, 03:11:35 PM

I'd like to believe that I would care less.
I'd like to believe that I could move on.
I'd like to believe that he The Bucs love me and that they just have a bad way of showing it.
I'd like to beli-

Wait, I'm in an abusive relationship,aren't I?

bill_kir

Starter

#17 : November 05, 2013, 03:14:49 PM

even if they only win 1 or 2 games this year,  would you still support this team ?  Get excited about who they drafted?  Would you buy season tickets or go to a few games?  Watch on TV .  Give a crap in any way?

of course, why wouldn't i? i'm a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan no matter who the coach is, the GM, the QB, the 4th string CB, it doesn't matter

Jumper

Second String

#18 : November 05, 2013, 03:17:37 PM

Keep in mind that the posters on this board are already the diehard fans.  The Glazers shouldn't worry about losing us, but the casual fans are another story.  They're the vast majority and spend more on merchandise and single game tickets than the season ticket holders.  If the Glazers want to have any hope of selling out a game next season, they had better make some major changes.  Unless they like buying up all of the seats themselves.

That seems about right to me. I believe it would create a situation where mediocrity is expected going in, and that's not a good look for a franchise desperate for something to get excited about.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2013, 03:20:39 PM

IF they keep schiano next season, I'm done being a fan of this sorry ass team.

I'll spend my money elsewhere. Maybe start going to rays or lightening games instead? At least they try to compete at a pro level.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 05, 2013, 03:20:49 PM

"Wait, I'm in an abusive relationship,aren't I?"

Why do you make them treat you this way?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 05, 2013, 03:25:52 PM

I am a diehard fan. I am absolutely sick about the constant turnover. In a perverse way, I hope the next  8 games allows for a few wins and constant improvement. Then next year, get rid of Penn, Nicks and Joseph, rebuild the Oline, get a legit slot receiver and a few stud pass rushers and MAYBE the ship will be righted and we can take off and get back to winning.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#22 : November 05, 2013, 03:34:02 PM

I am a diehard fan. I am absolutely sick about the constant turnover. In a perverse way, I hope the next  8 games allows for a few wins and constant improvement. Then next year, get rid of Penn, Nicks and Joseph, rebuild the Oline, get a legit slot receiver and a few stud pass rushers and MAYBE the ship will be righted and we can take off and get back to winning.
The key word in you answer was "rebuild".  Do you think the Glazers want any part of rebuilding when their prized and very expensive FA WR and CB are going to be 30+?  I get ticked when I spend 3$ on bananas and they rot before I have time to eat them. I wonder how they feel about their 25 million going to waste over the next few seasons.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 05, 2013, 03:36:44 PM

As muach as it saddens me to say I think this is likely to happen. I think were gonna keep schiano again next year barring us winning 3 or less games. If we win 4 or more I think he stays. The glazers don't want to swallow the extra 3years of schianos contract. I think they learned their lessons from paying gruden 3 more years of his and getting off the hook for raheems contract this year. I think they'll give him 3 years unfortunately I'll still be a fan but this season has been a trainwreck. And lord knows if schiano stays no way in Hell are we drafting A top flight qb with our draft pick. I think schianos dumb enough that if we get the no 1 overall pick he would pass on Bridgewater and draft either clowney or Matthews. I shudder of the thought. And I'm actually a clowney fan but Bridgewater shouldn't be passed up.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2013, 03:40:07 PM

Good analogy MG.

Still, they have to undertake some sort of rebuild. Whether it be just the coaches, lines, wideouts, or all of thee above.

Something has to budge, because the fans won't. Tired of losing, and all the shame piled on top of it all (as if losing wasn't tough enough). These same guys cannot stay, or Raymond James will be empty like we've never seen it before.

And for those running their mouth about how "great" glennon is, please, ...go watch Foles's last game.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#25 : November 05, 2013, 03:45:17 PM

Good analogy MG.

Still, they have to undertake some sort of rebuild. Whether it be just the coaches, lines, wideouts, or all of thee above.

Something has to budge, because the fans won't. Tired of losing, and all the shame piled on top of it all (as if losing wasn't tough enough). These same guys cannot stay, or Raymond James will be empty like we've never seen it before.

And for those running their mouth about how "great" glennon is, please, ...go watch Foles's last game.
I'm sure the Glazers are looking at KC, and seeing what a coaching change could do. 

One more thing, it's not all about the fans.  The Bucs are crippling their chances to sign/keep free agents in the future.  Why would any free agent, even mid-tier ones, come to this mess unless they are paid well above market value?  Keeping Schiano is going to hurt the Bucs for years to come.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 05, 2013, 03:53:14 PM

Good analogy MG.

I'm sure the Glazers are looking at KC, and seeing what a coaching change could do. 

One more thing, it's not all about the fans.  The Bucs are crippling their chances to sign/keep free agents in the future.  Why would any free agent, even mid-tier ones, come to this mess unless they are paid well above market value?  Keeping Schiano is going to hurt the Bucs for years to come.

Depends on how you are saying it mg. If you are saying because of THIS season with schiano, they can't win soon, I can't agree. I believe the players would respond well to a new improved staff, and they have the talent to pull it off immediately. If you're saying he ruined the whole team for years to come, from just being here..possibly, but I doubt it. Some players left here after being whipped by schiano, and went on to play pretty good, so I doubt he can beat the game out of all of them like he did with wilson.

All that really matters is to get the dictator out of here, and obtain a top QB. If we can do those two things, life will get easier for the bucs.

Just getting rid of schiano alone would be a weight off of everyone's chest.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#27 : November 05, 2013, 04:12:15 PM

Bench, I don't think the Bucs can win in the short or long term with Schiano, at least not consistently.  I have a bad feeling the team will win 3-4 games this season, starting this Monday.  I have an even worse feeling that the Glazers will keep Schiano based on that "improvement".  I personally think that this is the wrong decision on every level, and will set the team back years if he's here.  I think the team would be fine and possibly a playoff contender if the Glazers got a well respected coach, whether it's Lovie, Roman, Bevell, or Zimmer.  I think Schiano has done enough damage to drive away current players, scare away future free agents, and embarrass the fanbase. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 05, 2013, 04:57:29 PM

Bench, I don't think the Bucs can win in the short or long term with Schiano, at least not consistently.  I have a bad feeling the team will win 3-4 games this season, starting this Monday.  I have an even worse feeling that the Glazers will keep Schiano based on that "improvement".  I personally think that this is the wrong decision on every level, and will set the team back years if he's here.  I think the team would be fine and possibly a playoff contender if the Glazers got a well respected coach, whether it's Lovie, Roman, Bevell, or Zimmer.  I think Schiano has done enough damage to drive away current players, scare away future free agents, and embarrass the fanbase.

+1.

However, I think it's bad enough that the glazers will say no thanks and take the financial hit. And honestly, I still don't see them winning a game this season. One game, in which they lost, doesn't prove anything to me thus far. I guess we can agree to disagree with that, but I'm glad we're on the same page with schiano.

He's got to go for this team to be a contender. That much is set in stone.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2013, 04:59:44 PM

While I wouldn't be happy (really depending on how the last eight games shape out), I'm a fan of the team first.  The game against Seattle in Seattle was impressive even though I am still pissed we lost.  If he's still able to get this team to prepare and perform like that, despite being 0-8, then that will say A LOT to me and should the rest of you.

I'd hope there are is a new OC and DC named and some of his 10,000 coaches (that most likely harm more than they help) let go.  I'd hope that he has really loosened up and gotten rid of his hardheaded, non-working, ridiculous ways and wouldn't dismiss drafting a guy like Mariota, if in position to do so, because he's not a "pocket passer."  I wouldn't HATE taking Clowney, but considering how Clowney has acted, would Schiano take a guy like that?  Again, I hope he wouldn't automatically dismiss him, or any other prospect/FA, because they aren't "Schiano men."  Oh, yeah, that BS needs to go too.

Lots of "ifs," but that would be a start.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Schiano and Dominick get another year... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools