Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Signs on I-75 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucnut

Hall of Famer
: March 23, 2007, 09:19:10 AM

Doncha just love it?  ;D

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 23, 2007, 09:41:30 AM

University of Champions!! Gotta love it.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : March 23, 2007, 09:43:31 AM

Love it, love it love it!!  Hope they have a new one to add soon! ;D ;D

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 26, 2007, 10:26:31 PM

Jealous.  Just like the signs in Tampa saying Home of champions
                                                                        Super Bowl
                                                                      Stanley Cup
                                                                         Arena Bowl
Distracting? Hardly!

It seems funny you are getting worked up over a sign. Leave.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#4 : March 23, 2007, 12:46:40 PM

I'm gonna love it when the gators get bounced out of the tournament and Billy accepts the job in Kentucky. There's a big difference between being the "King" in Gainesville and being the "King" in Lexington.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 23, 2007, 01:22:58 PM

Why would he want to leave UF? He's winning championships where he is, loves the area, and he doesn't have 1/2 the pressure that he would if he went to UK.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#6 : March 23, 2007, 01:53:15 PM

Groov,

I agree.  I think the only reason he leaves it to get in the national spotlight.  To do that you need to join the UCLA's, Duke's, NC's, or Kentucky's.  Those four schools are the elite programs - historically- with CBB.   UF, nor OSU for that matter, are in that category.

You know you have a good program when you have a vacancy and suddenly you have just about every current great coach as a candidate.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 23, 2007, 02:12:21 PM

How sick it would it be if UF & OSU played for the championship in hoops? I'd like to see it to tell you the truth.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#8 : March 23, 2007, 02:13:08 PM

Groov -

A Bank President at a small bank, doing great ,and being the best thing since sliced ham (sliced ham is very convenient, have you ever tried to take a big bite out of a big chuck of ham?) - has a chance to be the Bank Pesident at VERY large bank. He will make more and be a part of a very historic, admirable, and prolific bank. Sure he could continue to do great things for the small bank, but eventually the bigger bank WILL buy them out. With most of Billy's current team moving on, why not start fresh at one of the most historic schools? If the gators do win it again, his price tag will go up even more and could become the highest paid coack UK has ever seen. Also, see what Ranman said.....

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#9 : March 23, 2007, 02:50:04 PM

Well he has already turned down a pay raise so I don't know that money is a motivator for Billy. As far as the national spotlight goes---spotlights can be swung around to highlight another program, i.e., UF. And since UF is his baby why not see it through? Don't get me wrong. I know what you're saying. However, to me it's akin to what Jim Leavett has done at USF. He built the program from diddly and doesn't want to leave.

matt

Starter

#10 : March 23, 2007, 04:20:03 PM

How sick it would it be if UF & OSU played for the championship in hoops? I'd like to see it to tell you the truth.

I wouldn't. Screw Ohio State.

As for Donovan, why the hell would you leave GAINESVILLE (where he already has a better program) for Lexington.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : March 23, 2007, 06:54:13 PM

The national spotlight?? His unrated team won the National Championship last year.  And he's on the way to repeat. And several of his players will be 1st rd NBA.  I think the national spotlight has moved to Gainesville, frankly.  He was one of the people who helped convince Urban Meyer  to come there. Sorry Duke, NC, & UK, Florida is a basketball school now. Move over & let the Gators swim!

#12 : March 23, 2007, 09:36:39 PM

IT'S GREAT TO BE A GREEN F'N STREET SIGN.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : March 23, 2007, 09:38:46 PM

Don't hate! ;D

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 24, 2007, 10:04:23 PM

Nice! 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Signs on I-75 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools