Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Signs on I-75 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : March 24, 2007, 10:26:24 PM

Doncha just love it? ;D
Where did you find this, BucNut?

captainfear11

Rookie

#16 : March 25, 2007, 07:34:27 PM

Doncha just love it? ;D
GO NOLES!!!!!!!!! :)  #1 in baseball baby all the way to Omaha!!!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 26, 2007, 12:21:52 AM

Doncha just love it? ;D
Where did you find this, BucNut?

Gainesville Sun

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 26, 2007, 12:31:52 AM

I'm gonna love it when the gators get bounced out of the tournament and Billy accepts the job in Kentucky. There's a big difference between being the "King" in Gainesville and being the "King" in Lexington.
Whats that????? In Lexington you never have to worry about the football team stealing the limelight.

Donovan has made the Gators a National force since his arrival. Since his arrival at UF he owns Kentucky-- they have easily become 2nd fiddle in the SEC--and maybe even 3rd since TN has been on the upswing as well. Donovan has great young class right now that have seen alot of tourny time as well in Hodge, Werner, and Speights. Donovan has already proved he can reload at UF-- while UK's program is in miserable shape-- thats why Tubby left for MN. It could take years to rebuild that program while at UF Donovan has his pipeline set. And for Donovan it is not about the money he proved that when he refused a raise to prove to his players that if they were willing to scarifice for a chance at a repeat so was he. Why go try and resurrect a prgram with the high stress of UK to produce year in and year out when you already have a prgram built that has flourished.

Not to mention his kids and wife love it in Gainesville

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#19 : March 26, 2007, 12:38:03 AM

He was one of the people that helped talk Urban Meyer into coming to UF.  And if he leaves, he leaves the big raise & extention on the table. UK will never outbid UF.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 26, 2007, 08:56:19 PM

Pretty unnecessarily and distracting to already crap Florida drivers.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : March 26, 2007, 09:40:29 PM

Jealous.  Just like the signs in Tampa saying Home of champions
                                                                        Super Bowl
                                                                      Stanley Cup
                                                                         Arena Bowl
Distracting? Hardly!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : March 28, 2007, 03:21:40 PM

You know you have a good program when you have a vacancy and suddenly you have just about every current great coach as a candidate.

You can say every coach is a candidate, but that doesn't mean they want to come to your school. 

Pitino already turned it down.  What does that say when he would rather stay at LOUISVILLE than go down the road to Kentucky?

I won't be surprised if Billy goes, but the more and more I think about it I think he won't.  Why should he? Kentucky hasn't been GREAT since Rupp.  Pitino won a title, then left 2 years after.  Tubby won a title, now he is gone.  At UK they expect 35 wins and a NC every year, when reality is they have won TWO titles in the last 30 years.  Why should Billy be a part of that?  He could very well win back-to-back titles, something that has been done once since the great UCLA teams that won 7 in a row back in the 70's.  Billy hasn't had trouble recruiting players to UF, and Tubby seemed to have problems getting the top guys to UK.  Does Billy want that battle?  Does he want to move his family to Kentucky from Florida where it appears they love it?  I don't know.  Seems like a lot.  People think Billy has all these ties to UK but he really doesn't.  He didn't go there, and he didn't play there.  He was an assistant under Pitino but that's it.  He has no ties to that school really.  He owes them nothing.  So he can go there and even if he does very well (like what he has done at UF) he will always be coaching for his job every year, and always be "good, but not Rupp."  Or he can stay at UF, continue building the program up, and one day be considered like Rupp at UF, have his bronze outside an arena named after him. 

T

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 28, 2007, 05:41:42 PM

Nice sign they should've waited until after this tourney to see if they can add another line to that sign.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : March 28, 2007, 05:58:28 PM

Nice sign they should've waited until after this tourney to see if they can add another line to that sign.

I think they have room to add a 2007 on the other side of the 1st line.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 04, 2007, 03:14:58 PM

I think they have room to add a 2007 on the other side of the 1st line.

They would need to put 2006-2007.  It still may be a pain...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#26 : April 04, 2007, 03:44:24 PM

It's a good "problem" to have.....

ranman

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 04, 2007, 03:46:15 PM

Out of curiosity - where are these located - and who funds them?  I wouldn't imagine they get much past GVille, but are they funded by a local tax or through the state?

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 04, 2007, 03:57:27 PM

Well, since we own OSU we took some $$$ out of their coffers 8)

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 04, 2007, 04:12:19 PM

I personally think it's disrespectful to all the other UF national champs to not have a place on the sign.  http://www.gatorzone.com/overview/

I felt the same way when they made a big deal about Plant H.S. winning the state football championship.  Singling out one sport disrespects the others. IMHO

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Signs on I-75 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools