Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who thinks this would be our best O-line option...or has a better idea? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

LVBUC

Practice Squad

« : March 23, 2007, 08:28:44 PM »

Trueblood isnt sitting anywhere the next 10 years, except on a beach in Hawaii after a pro-bowl practice. The guy is a monster.

Well I am not sure what you are basing that on but thus far he has been an adequate tackle, even when you consider he is a rookie.  Trueblood has marginal talent and a great attitude, which might be enough to start in the NFL but I don’t see him sniffing a probowl in his career.

True had a very good season.  I read an aticle that stated that true based on his play would be the first tackle taken behind MCneil fron SD..

Grudens_Flame

Second String

« #1 : March 23, 2007, 11:32:31 AM »

LT - Pettigut (even if we draft J.Thomas I think he sits a season...to learn and avoid Galley syndrome)
LG - A. Davis
C - Buenning
RG - Joseph
RT - Trueblood

All 5 players are powerfull and 300+...I think this line would very much resemble the line of ogors Gruden had in Oakland that helped them lead the league in rushing. I posted 2 seasons ago that a big line of maulers is what Gruden will get eventually...I think the time is now!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.   -  Julius (Remember the Titans)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 23, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »

From the talk on here Buenning isn't going to be available anytime soon so pencil Davis in at left guard and either Wade or a rookie (Satele/Harris) at center.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

« #3 : March 23, 2007, 11:40:41 AM »

From the talk on here Buenning isn't going to be available anytime soon so pencil Davis in at left guard and either Wade or a rookie (Satele/Harris) at center.

Become an insider...stop reading the wraps...and then respond!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.   -  Julius (Remember the Titans)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 23, 2007, 11:44:10 AM »

It would be great if Buenning could contribute at Center.

« #5 : March 23, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »

LT - Pettigut (even if we draft J.Thomas I think he sits a season...to learn and avoid Galley syndrome)

I think there is more chance of Trueblood sitting and Pettigut starting over on the right if we draft JT. 

JC510

Practice Squad

« #6 : March 23, 2007, 12:13:33 PM »

Trueblood isnt sitting anywhere the next 10 years, except on a beach in Hawaii after a pro-bowl practice. The guy is a monster.

klb55

Starter

« #7 : March 23, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »

Agreed.  I think Luke would move inside to LG.  That would be a very good line.  Now, If we can just find a center that doesn't have the Nile River running off his ass we'll be in great shape.  Wait til Garcia takes a look at that mess.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #8 : March 23, 2007, 12:50:39 PM »

Agreed. I think Luke would move inside to LG. That would be a very good line. Now, If we can just find a center that doesn't have the Nile River running off his ass we'll be in great shape. Wait til Garcia takes a look at that mess.

LMAO-- I can still remeber Brad being literally disgusted about it. He was joking but in the next sentence said that guy sweats more than anyone he had met and said why do you think I have to change my shoes all the time and laughed. Then they showed the film of it and he literally drips sweat everywhere. Dman I am easily amused today but that really struck me funny and all i could remeber was that awful still shot of the drips sliding off his crack.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

« #9 : March 23, 2007, 12:53:13 PM »

Yeah, I don't wanna see Trueblood waste away on the bench if we draft JT. Petitgout would make an excellent LG.

« #10 : March 23, 2007, 01:26:59 PM »

Well I am not sure what you are basing that on but thus far he has been an adequate tackle, even when you consider he is a rookie.  Trueblood has marginal talent and a great attitude, which might be enough to start in the NFL but I don’t see him sniffing a probowl in his career.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 23, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »

Well I am not sure what you are basing that on but thus far he has been an adequate tackle, even when you consider he is a rookie. Trueblood has marginal talent and a great attitude, which might be enough to start in the NFL but I don’t see him sniffing a probowl in his career.

At least not until he learns to knee-bend better

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
« #12 : March 23, 2007, 02:20:27 PM »

Yeah, I don't wanna see Trueblood waste away on the bench if we draft JT. Petitgout would make an excellent LG.

Agree 110%. That would be sweet. Then you have Davis, who I think can add depth at every O line position except Center. I think Davis could be a mauler at guard too. I would LOVE to have an above average O line for a change! Hopefully we`ll get one eventually

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #13 : March 23, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »

That's interesting that you put Dan Buenning at center.  I wonder how he would be as a center.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #14 : March 23, 2007, 02:59:18 PM »

Anyone consider AD at RT?  If Buenning is healthy I would let him fight it out with Trueblood at RT and see what happenes.  With Joseph and AD on the right we could run on anyone there.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who thinks this would be our best O-line option...or has a better idea? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools