Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who thinks this would be our best O-line option...or has a better idea? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« #15 : March 23, 2007, 03:08:56 PM »

AD doesn’t have the feet to be a dominating tackle.  Hopefully our guard positions will be stable for a few years with Buenning and Joseph, but there are still lots of question marks at tackle and center.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 23, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »

AD doesn’t have the feet to be a dominating tackle. Hopefully our guard positions will be stable for a few years with Buenning and Joseph, but there are still lots of question marks at tackle and center.

A dominating LT, no.  But at RT you don't need nearly the footwork as on the left.  You need more of a mauler over there and that's exactly what AD is.  I'd rather him play LG if Buenning isn't healthy, but if he is you could let AD and True battle it out on the right.  If AD wins, he's the starting RT and backup LT.  I don't know that he could beat out Trueblood but it'd be nice to have some competition over there since Petitgout will no doubt be handed the LT job.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #17 : March 23, 2007, 03:13:38 PM »

Didn't Anthony Davis play at guard the first year he was with the Buccaneers?

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #18 : March 23, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »

Didn't Anthony Davis play at guard the first year he was with the Buccaneers?

no.

But I actually heard rumors in 2004 that he could play just about every position on the line - center included. he reminds me a bit of Jamaal Jackson in that regard. There's been a trend recently with guys like Bentley or Jackson who were guards but moved to center. Provided they have the capacity, Davis is physically more ready to play center than john wade is.

Nature

Rookie

« #19 : March 23, 2007, 05:13:05 PM »

Hell no to idea of sitting Trueblood. We don't spend high quality picks and then sit him. Trueblood and Joseph will be our rightside over the next 10 years.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 23, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »

Hell no to idea of sitting Trueblood. We don't spend high quality picks and then sit him. Trueblood and Joseph will be our rightside over the next 10 years.

I'm completely against playing a guy due to his draft position and so is any reasonable fan.  If Anthony Davis is a better right tackle then he needs to be the one playing no matter what.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #21 : March 23, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »

Why would you sit a 1st rd pick--JT?

gone

Hall of Famer
« #22 : March 23, 2007, 07:36:30 PM »

Yeah, that would be odd.  You get him in somewhere, at worst at guard.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 23, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »

I'm curious to see what happens with the center postition and with Davis.   If Petigout is healthy, we should have a decent line this year.    If we draft JT, I'll be thrilled.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

« #24 : March 23, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »

Yeah, that would be odd. You get him in somewhere, at worst at guard.

In regards to both of your comments. You don't draft an elite prospect at the hardest position in the NFL to fill and then stick him at Guard for a year...either he wins the job from "the Gut" fair and square or he faces the likes of Simeon, KC, Spires and Wyms in practice to prepare for next season. Good Tackles have been stunted because of flopping around...Gallery, Kenyatta Walker (yes, he was a good prospect), Leonard Davis, and the list goes on. Davis was a Pro Bowler his first year and then the merry-go-round began, Gallery is still trying to recoup, and Walker could have still been our RT if he had started there (maybe).

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.   -  Julius (Remember the Titans)

Nature

Rookie

« #25 : March 23, 2007, 07:52:49 PM »

you forgot Carolina's Jordan Gross who is now their RT,who was picked #8 overall

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who thinks this would be our best O-line option...or has a better idea? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools