Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call of Duty RAGE « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: March 15, 2014, 10:10:25 PM

This guy gets raging mad playing Call of Duty Ghosts

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2014, 09:30:39 AM

You know short of having seen real people playing MP games raging about like this I'd think this was an gag reel.  Truth be told the guy sucks as well and might as well be wearing a big shoot me sign as he blindly wanders around the map.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 16, 2014, 05:25:02 PM

Definitely a gag reel. 

If his artificial rage wasn't enough, you can tell it's fake because he's still playing COD instead of Titanfall...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 17, 2014, 08:01:53 AM

Is anyone playing titanfall? The hype on that was over the top but no one I know now has it to get a first hand review.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 17, 2014, 05:29:54 PM

I have it.

On. PC.

Visually amazing.  Plays very fast to me, but I'm a battlefield guy, not COD so YMMV on how the pace feels.  I haven't played too much because of that, though, so I haven't gone through the learning curve yet.  All the parts of the HUD are in the wrong places for me for example and i dont see any indicators of direction you are getting hit from.  They have weak NPCs cluttering up the minimap which I find annoying.  You die/kill real fast too.  The three dimensional nature of the combat is great.  Reminds me a bit of planetside 2 also in the way the weapons handle, and how I don't get a feel for how much I'm damaging someone.  There is no server selection, you go where it wants to send you.  Ping is west coast.

I'm going to work into it slowly, I'm still enjoying BF, and I put in a lot of work recently to actually get reasonably good at it, so I'm taking my time moving on.

Oh, and if you're curious about that Nosgoth game, I got into the closed beta.  I think it sucks.  Think Arenas from WoW watered down.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 18, 2014, 06:47:50 PM

Is anyone playing titanfall? The hype on that was over the top but no one I know now has it to get a first hand review.
Its overhyped. The game is alright itself, but with no offline single player and the campaign mode online being utter trash all it has its multiplayer and it still falls short in that area.

SirFunkyBacon

Rookie

#6 : March 20, 2014, 04:48:29 AM

I hate playing alongside 'randoms', so if anyone is still playing CoD. Hit me up - Sir Funky Bacon

MSU_Fan

Starter

#7 : March 20, 2014, 01:51:49 PM

CoD is one of the blandest, most uninteresting games I have ever played. Mass Effect forever!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 20, 2014, 05:41:46 PM

CoD is one of the blandest, most uninteresting games I have ever played. Mass Effect forever!

Totally different experiences. I can't play CoD and it's ilk because I'm not good enough at MP to not be fodder for whatever screaming 13 year old in in the game. At least ME3's MP is coop so I have been able to do alright in that. Strength of that series remains the SP part.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#9 : March 20, 2014, 07:56:20 PM

Totally different experiences. I can't play CoD and it's ilk because I'm not good enough at MP to not be fodder for whatever screaming 13 year old in in the game. At least ME3's MP is coop so I have been able to do alright in that. Strength of that series remains the SP part.

Yeah, I'm not a shooter fan, so ME is pretty much the closest thing I play to CoD. I will admit, it is fun to betray your teammates just so you can hear the screaming 13 year olds.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 20, 2014, 11:19:03 PM

You gotta practice more.  I played BF off and on for a couple of years and my sig said "Cheerfully contributing to highlight reels everywhere" because I was so bad.  0.25 KDR.  Last few months I've actually been working on it and I'm finally consistently over a 1.0 KDR.  Its more fun than MMOs to me because the time commitment is less, and less consistent -- 15-20 minute matches mean I can get of the computer any time I really need to. I really don't get the singleplayer on any of these shooters.  I'm more a play against people person when it comes to that.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#11 : March 21, 2014, 12:48:22 AM

I've been a die-hard COD player since the franchise began. My KD was over 4.0 on some, it's around 2.6 on Ghosts (only about 2 days played). I was always really good, and enjoyed the games, but the last two just killed it for me. Black Ops 2 and Ghosts were just terrible. The best game they ever released was the first Modern game, COD 4. If you were a great player, and had great accuracy, you could dominate a game with an M16. Now it's just clusterf***s of idiots running around with smgs and guard dogs. 

I tried to get into Battlefield online, but I kept getting pissed off when I'm trying to win, and we always have 5 idiot teammates waiting at the airport for the next helicopter to respawn.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 21, 2014, 08:04:37 AM

You gotta practice more.  I played BF off and on for a couple of years and my sig said "Cheerfully contributing to highlight reels everywhere" because I was so bad.  0.25 KDR.  Last few months I've actually been working on it and I'm finally consistently over a 1.0 KDR.  Its more fun than MMOs to me because the time commitment is less, and less consistent -- 15-20 minute matches mean I can get of the computer any time I really need to. I really don't get the singleplayer on any of these shooters.  I'm more a play against people person when it comes to that.

I'm just awful at the COD/BF stuff. I do a lot of coop in Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3 for just what you say, it is something that can occupy me for 15 minutes.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call of Duty RAGE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools