Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

benir0

Hall of Famer
: March 27, 2007, 12:35:14 PM

You need to go back to geometry. Grads really had nothing to do with the 3 wins.

By this logic, Simms certainly had nothing to do with the team "being in a position to win" the Panthers game, becuase his performance in that game was a half-step above atrocious.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 27, 2007, 10:48:41 AM

We can only hope that he retires. We already wasted a 7th rounder on him. I'd rather not make it a 4th. Stupid, stupid move by the FO.

Yeah because so many dominant players come out of the seventh round..........
So because most players that are drafted in the 7th round don't make an impact, we should just GIVE ours away to Denver?  Good call!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : March 27, 2007, 09:48:44 AM

He's alot more mobile than Griese.

You can't outrun stupid though.......
LOL!! That's the funniest line I've heard in a while! :D

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 27, 2007, 09:17:34 AM

What did you mean by the last part about getting out of Dodge though? I want to make sure I know what is really going on here in the world according to Dalbuc.
I'm guessing getting out of Dodge means not having to give up the 4th round pick and just cutting your losses with the 7th.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 27, 2007, 09:20:00 AM

What did you mean by the last part about getting out of Dodge though? I want to make sure I know what is really going on here in the world according to Dalbuc.
I'm guessing getting out of Dodge means not having to give up the 4th round pick and just cutting your losses with the 7th.

Bing, plus the added upside of not having Plummer be here. See Garcia is old enough that even Gruden has to see the light at the end of the tunnel for him and maybe start planning for the long-term. Plummer OTOH let's him live the lie that he's got an "answer" at QB for the next 5 years and so we have to live with Plummer's act for another 2 years until we realize he's SoB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 27, 2007, 09:22:31 AM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 27, 2007, 09:28:04 AM

You can't outrun stupid though.......

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 27, 2007, 09:15:07 AM

The problem is we can compare him in a meaningful way to Simms who was in his 4th year and who doesn't have any excuses for his level of play.

Unfortunately, even last year Simms was still struggling with his playcalling and recognition, which I can tell you has been tremendously frustrating for the staff.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 27, 2007, 09:12:47 AM

LOL. Gradkowski at QB and the team wins a few games and he "had nothing to do with it" but Simms at the helm and the team LOSES and Simms should be given credit because he "played well enough to win". Why is that? Oh yeah...I forgot! Simms can throw the ball really far.

I think the other thing people miss is that Gradkowksi is a rookie and you do expect their level of play to be poor and his wasn't great.

The problem is we can compare him in a meaningful way to Simms who was in his 4th year and who doesn't have any excuses for his level of play.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 27, 2007, 09:06:48 AM

LOL. Gradkowski at QB and the team wins a few games and he "had nothing to do with it" but Simms at the helm and the team LOSES and Simms should be given credit because he "played well enough to win". Why is that? Oh yeah...I forgot! Simms can throw the ball really far.

Frankly, I wonder if some of these people even bother watching football at all.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : March 27, 2007, 01:43:47 AM

You need to go back to geometry. Grads really had nothing to do with the 3 wins.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : March 27, 2007, 01:47:37 AM

No.

#12 : March 27, 2007, 01:45:37 AM

LOL right. His scramble set up the game winning kick in the Eagles game, he won the Skins game outright, and his passing lead us to winning the Cincy game.

#13 : March 27, 2007, 01:23:09 AM

Simms played well to put his team in a place to potentially win one game = fact.
Gradkowski played well enough for his team to win three times = fact.

So potentially win < actually win = fact.

Therefore
Simms < Gradkowski = fact.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : March 27, 2007, 01:04:45 AM

Nice spin, whatever works for you. I guess Grads and his 104 yard performance gets credit for that 62 yard FG to beat Philly...

If by "spin" you mean facts, then we are in agreement. And we're talking about Simms and his unfortunate play, not Grads and his unfortunate play.

OK. Fact, he threw an interception. Fact, he also threw a touchdown. Fact, we were in position to win the game. Fact, Simms doesn't play defense, so he didn't let the winning score go thru the uprights. Fact, the defense stops the Pants on 4th and 7, we win..

I said he played well enough to win, well, so did others on the team. But if you're going to use the statement "..it's no easier to say that he played well enough to win than it is to say he played poorly enough to lose.", then you have to say that about every position on the team, because a lot of them played poorly enough to lose. One interception early in the game doesn't dictate how a team plays the rest of it..

But this really isn't going to be something worth arguing about, because you don't like his play anyway..

Good post.
Excellent post!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools