Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 27, 2007, 12:31:24 AM »

Nice spin, whatever works for you. I guess Grads and his 104 yard performance gets credit for that 62 yard FG to beat Philly...

If by "spin" you mean facts, then we are in agreement. And we're talking about Simms and his unfortunate play, not Grads and his unfortunate play.

OK. Fact, he threw an interception. Fact, he also threw a touchdown. Fact, we were in position to win the game. Fact, Simms doesn't play defense, so he didn't let the winning score go thru the uprights. Fact, the defense stops the Pants on 4th and 7, we win..

I said he played well enough to win, well, so did others on the team. But if you're going to use the statement "..it's no easier to say that he played well enough to win than it is to say he played poorly enough to lose.", then you have to say that about every position on the team, because a lot of them played poorly enough to lose. One interception early in the game doesn't dictate how a team plays the rest of it..

But this really isn't going to be something worth arguing about, because you don't like his play anyway..

Good post.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 26, 2007, 10:28:43 PM »

I don't think Plummer is going to respond to public "pressure" put on by the Bucs, but this is old news.  We already knew the Bucs weren't going to let Plummer just walk away.   Thats why we traded for his rights.

But the best thing is to just do what you are going to do and not give him a public flogging.  He didn't screw us, he screwed Denver.  Allen traded for him AFTER he pulled his stunt, not to get even, but because it was a calculated gamble to help the Bucs.  What the Bucs should do is go about their business and take whatever steps they are going to take because thats the plan.

As Bucs fans we aren't happy about what Plummer did to screw up the first deal, but for the Bucs the objective is to try to build a bridge with Plummer, not burn it down, even as they are going about their business which he knew they would do. 

He may very well be the Bucs QB sometime in the future, maybe even at some point this season, so keep that in mind.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #17 : March 26, 2007, 10:47:55 PM »

I think all the stuff coming out about Pat Tillman's death may have some affect on Plummer.  Maybe he realizes life is too short to do something you don't want to do.  Money isn't everything.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 26, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »

But the best thing is to just do what you are going to do and not give him a public flogging.  He didn't screw us, he screwed Denver.  Allen traded for him AFTER he pulled his stunt, not to get even, but because it was a calculated gamble to help the Bucs.  What the Bucs should do is go about their business and take whatever steps they are going to take because thats the plan.

No, it's vindictive. Allen is basically a pr!ck on wheels. You might like that and think "he's fighting for the best interest of the Bucs" but let's call him what he is.  He didn't like getting burned and now he's gonna take it out on Jake. Frankly I wish allen wasn't my GM so Jake could screw him 9 ways to sundown BUT since Allen runs the Bucs I have to hope we escape from this with as little damage as possible.

Frankly, not having Plummer play for us is a huge part of getting the hell out of dodge.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 26, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5521429

A league source says Tampa Bay will put serious pressure on retired quarterback Jake Plummer to at least participate in training camp, or the Buccaneers will go after the $5 million to $7 million in a prorated signing bonus he may owe for not fulfilling his contract.

The source said Plummer would not have to pay back any bonus if he is released during camp.

What's in it for the Bucs to have Plummer report with his heart not in it? At most, the Bucs believe once Plummer shows up, his competitive instincts will take over and he'll wind up outperforming current quarterbacks Jeff Garcia and Chris Simms.

At worst, Plummer would provide insurance in case Garcia or Simms get hurt. And if none of those scenarios work out, the Bucs believe they'll get up to $7 million.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #20 : March 26, 2007, 09:08:24 AM »

I think the reason they want Plummer to report so bad is so they can ship out Simms. :P

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 26, 2007, 09:09:34 AM »

Plummer is a good QB.   I don't know why he's being such a wussy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #22 : March 26, 2007, 09:17:20 AM »

He's not a good QB that the first thing. He's a poor QB.

While I have no doubt he's better than Simms I'm not sure he's better than Garcia even with Garcia in his football dotage.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

« #23 : March 26, 2007, 09:23:18 AM »

Just curious, Dal, what is it about Plummer's play that you don't like?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 26, 2007, 09:27:01 AM »

It is very Griese like. 8)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 26, 2007, 09:30:44 AM »

He's the clone of SoB. Same guy, makes one total what the $%^&&* play a game. Like him people will try and figure out how to get him to not make that mistake.

If he was good would DEN have tried to replace him - note, he's not that old by QB standards you should be drafting the next guy at this point.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 26, 2007, 09:32:39 AM »

It is very Griese like.

Well, in 2004 Griese started 10 games here, completed just under 70% of his passes, had a 20-12 TD:INT ratio, and finished with a 97.5 passer rating.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 26, 2007, 09:36:15 AM »

If he was good would DEN have tried to replace him

True. If Rich Gannon was any good would the Vikings and Chiefs have tried to replace him? If Steve Young was any good would the Buccaneers have tried to replace him?

Just bustin' on you a little, Dal.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 26, 2007, 09:36:41 AM »

Plummer is a bum, plain and simple.

As "efficient" as SoB was there was always a critical point in the game where he made an awful decision, just awful. He was always just on the door step of  throwing a game-changing int for a TD. Plummer fits the same mold in critical situations.

It's like they have brain farts each and every game that make you pull your hair out. Say no to Plummer, hell no the Plummer.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 26, 2007, 09:41:21 AM »

It is very Griese like.

Well, in 2004 Griese started 10 games here, completed just under 70% of his passes, had a 20-12 TD:INT ratio, and finished with a 97.5 passer rating.

correct, but those stats don't show how awful those ints were. There's a difference, it jsut seems the int's SoB throws and Plummer throws alway go back for 6, always. I liked how Griese played in this offense but happy when he left.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools