Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 26, 2007, 09:45:43 AM

It is very Griese like.

Well, in 2004 Griese started 10 games here, completed just under 70% of his passes, had a 20-12 TD:INT ratio, and finished with a 97.5 passer rating.

Here is what Griese did in 2005 as the starter heading into the season unlike the 2004 season:

TD's: 7
Int's: 7
Comp %: 64.4
Rating: 79.6

Now here is what Griese did in 2006:

TD's: 1
Int's: 2
Comp %: 56.3
Rating: 62

There is nothing great about Griese nor Plummer.  Sorry I am not buying that arguement.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 26, 2007, 09:53:34 AM

If Plummer shows up, we'll have to try to trade 2 QBs

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 26, 2007, 09:56:48 AM

I think 1 QB will be traded.

Plummer may committ more turnovers than Griese but he has played in a playoff game, has won a playoff game as the starter, and has lead many comeback victories unlike Griese.  Still Plummer's habit of generating turnovers at the worst time is why Shanahan ditched him just like Griese was ditched.  I think Shanahan knows what he wants out of a QB in his offense.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 26, 2007, 10:03:17 AM

If I were the Bucs I'd be telling him to retire so I could keep the 4th round pick. That has more of a chance of helping the team than Plummer.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : March 26, 2007, 10:17:33 AM

Shanahan replaced Plummer with a rookie.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 26, 2007, 10:24:52 AM

And the Bucs replaced Steve Young with a rookie.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 26, 2007, 10:26:06 AM

True. If Rich Gannon was any good would the Vikings and Chiefs have tried to replace him? If Steve Young was any good would the Buccaneers have tried to replace him?

Marty Schottenheimer was the Chiefs coach when Gannon was replaced. I don't trust him on QB's as far as I can throw him. Shanny is a different beast. He knew enough to ditch SoB and Plummer. Shows he's got something on the ball. ;)

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#37 : March 26, 2007, 10:38:19 AM

If he was good would DEN have tried to replace him

True. If Rich Gannon was any good would the Vikings and Chiefs have tried to replace him? If Steve Young was any good would the Buccaneers have tried to replace him?

Just bustin' on you a little, Dal.
I can tell you why Gannon got replaced here in KC. Because Elvis Grbac had a pretty sizable contract. In 1997 Gannon had led the Chiefs to a 13-3 record and Schottenheimer got pressured into starting Grbac in that playoff game which of of course they lost and that was it for Gannon. He was the best QB they had for a few years but Peterson being the dumbass he is thought Grbac was "the starter".

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 26, 2007, 11:10:41 AM

We can only hope that he retires.  We already wasted a 7th rounder on him.  I'd rather not make it a 4th.  Stupid, stupid move by the FO.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#39 : March 26, 2007, 11:21:01 AM

I don't think that Plummer will have the opportunity to win the job if he doesn't show up to any of the mini-camps and OTA's.  It might take him to long to learn the playbook if he just shows up to training camp.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 26, 2007, 11:26:13 AM

Stupid, stupid move by the FO.

I really don't see anything stupid about it. Not sure why you think so.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 26, 2007, 11:32:42 AM

And sadly the argument could be made that they would have made the playoffs if they hadn't.

Orangegone1

Starter

#42 : March 26, 2007, 11:33:12 AM

Let's hope Plummer does report. That means he wants to play. He is a valuable trade asset even if he is in the position to pick the team he wants to go to. I sill think this is going to work out well for us. We do have the hammer over his head with the money pay back deal. I just think we are in a no lose situation. Bring on those teams desperate for an experienced QB.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#43 : March 26, 2007, 11:45:41 AM

Plummer will never win a Super Bowl.  Period.  He makes Griese-esque decisions.  He got booed and bench for a rookie in Denver.  Yes....in freaking Denver.  A team that was in the top 5 in rushing for much of his time there and had a solid defense.  What is he going to do for us here?    We've got a coach here who likes to pass the ball almost every play in conditions where there are 60 MPH winds gusts. 
At best we only lose a 7th round draft pick.  At worst we lose a 4th rounder.  GOOD TEAMS build through the draft.

Stupid, stupid move by our FO.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 26, 2007, 10:35:31 PM

We can only hope that he retires. We already wasted a 7th rounder on him. I'd rather not make it a 4th. Stupid, stupid move by the FO.

Yeah because so many dominant players come out of the seventh round..........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools