Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#45 : March 26, 2007, 12:41:00 PM

GOOD TEAMS build through the draft.

The Bucs have four day one picks for 2007? ??? Not following you here?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 26, 2007, 12:48:55 PM

Shanahan replaced Plummer with a rookie.

And sadly the argument could be made that they would have made the playoffs if they hadn't.

Mike Shanahan would disagree with you. There's no way you replace a veteran QB with a rook in the middle of a playoff chase unless you're convinced the veteran is incapable..

shall555

Starter

#47 : March 26, 2007, 12:57:17 PM

Yeah, Plummer sucks. He knocked off the Patriots in the playoffs and broke Brady's 11-0 playoff streak. He guided his team to the AFC Championship Game that year, and had his team hot out the gates at 7-2 last year, before injuries and a struggling defense derailed the season. Shanahan benching him was personal, it had nothing to do with business because Cutler sucked and had no business being in there.  You don't bench a QB at 7-4 with a rookie. Shanahan is garbage without Elway and doesn't know diddly about QBs and neither do any of you fans saying Plummer sucks.

Yeah, Griese had 7TDs and 7INTs in 2005, but he had something that was more important than any of that crap. He was 5-1. STFU.

shall555

Starter

#48 : March 26, 2007, 01:00:44 PM

Shanahan replaced Plummer with a rookie.

And sadly the argument could be made that they would have made the playoffs if they hadn't.

Mike Shanahan would disagree with you. There's no way you replace a veteran QB with a rook in the middle of a playoff chase unless you're convinced the veteran is incapable..

It was personal. It wasn't business. WTF would make anyone think that Cutler could get the job done? Him and his 5-6 record at Vanderbilt his last year? Yeah, he's really going to get those guys in the playoffs. Shanahan's a wonky eyed moron.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#49 : March 26, 2007, 01:05:18 PM

Yes Shanahan has a larger ego than Gruden...that is why Plummer was benched....:D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 26, 2007, 01:05:50 PM

You know, the interesting thing about Plummer is to look at his first three years in Denver. Over that time he has a completion percentage of over 60%, a passer rating of about 90, a TD:INT ratio of 60-to-34 and 32 wins versus 12 losses as a starter. In '03 the Broncos went 10-6 and FOUR of those losses came when Plummer was out of the lineup.

Plummer notched those numbers in 2003-2005 with Kubiak by his side. In 2006 Kubiak departs and Plummer's numbers go in the toilet. Plummer had pedestrian numbers in Arizona (and of course, ARZ sucked as a whole and didn't have near the weapons there that they do now) and elevated his game under Kubiak, then fell off again after Kubiak left.

Apparently, coaching DOES matter.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 26, 2007, 01:07:42 PM

Apparently, coaching DOES matter.

Yeah I mean Shanahan is trash as a coach since he won two Super Bowls.  :D

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 26, 2007, 01:08:28 PM

Stupid, stupid move by the FO.
I really don't see anything stupid about it. Not sure why you think so.
Because the team isn't going anywhere in at least the next two years so to potentially give up a top 100 draft pick for a short term solution at quarterback when others would be available for just a contract is wasteful.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#53 : March 26, 2007, 01:10:38 PM

Stupid, stupid move by the FO.
I really don't see anything stupid about it. Not sure why you think so.
Because the team isn't going anywhere in at least the next two years so to potentially give up a top 100 draft pick for a short term solution at quarterback when others would be available for just a contract is wasteful.

I disagree.

If Plummer shows up you can ship out Simms (or Plummer) for a draft pick.  You can not ship out Simms without having another vet behind Garcia.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#54 : March 26, 2007, 01:11:22 PM

Agree to disagree, I guess.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#55 : March 26, 2007, 01:14:01 PM

If Plummer shows up I think Simms is done in Tampa.  I can see a team giving up a 3rd rounder for Simms.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 26, 2007, 01:18:29 PM

If Plummer shows up you can ship out Simms (or Plummer) for a draft pick.  You can not ship out Simms without having another vet behind Garcia.

Well stated. If Plummer shows up, Simms becomes #3 on the depth chart. If Simms is #3, he might as well be #103 and that means the Bucs will look to move him out. Simms becomes a more valuable trading commodity once someone's starting QB goes down in pre-season or early in the regular season. The Bucs could recover their fourth pick or even better if a team needs Simms.

Here's something to look out for: if Plummer shows up at One Buc and the Buccaneers carry four QB's into the regular season, then you can bet your house that one of them (probably Simms since he's the poorest fit for the offense) will be shopped around the league for a trade.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 26, 2007, 01:21:07 PM

I disagree.

If Plummer shows up you can ship out Simms (or Plummer) for a draft pick. You can not ship out Simms without having another vet behind Garcia.
Who is going to trade for either of them? Denver and Houston were in the midst of a pissing match because the coach who knows him best, Kubiak, didn't want to give up anything of value. And after last years trainwreck, Simms is worthless. The best value for him was like with Schaub, before he played too much and everyone realized he sucked.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#58 : March 26, 2007, 01:24:48 PM

I disagree.

If Plummer shows up you can ship out Simms (or Plummer) for a draft pick. You can not ship out Simms without having another vet behind Garcia.
Who is going to trade for either of them? Denver and Houston were in the midst of a pissing match because the coach who knows him best, Kubiak, didn't want to give up anything of value. And after last years trainwreck, Simms is worthless. The best value for him was like with Schaub, before he played too much and everyone realized he sucked.

I can easily see a team giving up a 3rd rounder for Simms.  KC's asking price for Trent Green is a second rounder for cyring out loud. :D

If Plummer shows up he most likely stays a Buc but even then the Texans could trade for him.  This is the same Texans that did not want to give up draft picks and turn around and surrunder a whole bunch for Schaub.

Either way Plummer will be a solid #2 QB for the Bucs or possibly the Texans or any other team looking for a #2 QB (eg Vikings).

nflinsider

Starter

#59 : March 26, 2007, 01:27:40 PM

I just want to trade him for a 3rd round pick. Having two #2's and two #3's would be nice! Miami maybe??? I know they're in the market for a QB.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs to pressure Plummer to report and expect him to win starting QB job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools