Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many instant impact players are in this draft?? « previous next »
Page: 1

karen anderson

Practice Squad

: March 27, 2007, 03:40:51 AM

If disliking the coach & wishing we had a new one is considered negative, I am not the only one that feels this way.  The fact that you don't think I have anything to post & have no cognitive thoughts is strictly your opinion!  I do not have to agree with you or try to post things to make you happy. And your last post concerning trading Rice proves you don't realize how v aluable he is or how much we need him.  Who do you replace him with?

klb55

Starter

#1 : March 27, 2007, 03:04:50 AM

I think Caddy was an impact player his rookie year. We rode those legs to a division title. When he struggled, we struggled. Clayton had an equally impressive rookie campaign, and yet we were picking 5th the next year. So a running back is going to help someone somewhere this year.

As far as Gruden being on a 1 year rope, I feel like that's one of those things people are saying over and over again until they believe it's true. But where is the empirical evidence? People used to debate it, journalists have speculated about it, but now it seems the debate is over and everyone just assumes it. I just personally haven't seen anything from ownership that leads me to that conclusion. And honestly, as a fan, I don't want it to be true. "Win now" will lead to poor decisions that are going to set this team back several years. If the fans and media create the pressure on the Bucs to flip coaches every 3-4 years, then we deserve the misery that follows.

It is a what have you done for me lately league & present regime has lost 3 of the last 5 yrs. Including last year which was the worst in many, many years. Flip coaches every 3-4 years? They've been here 5 & the last year was the worst in what? 8-10 yrs. They should stay no matter how bad it gets?

Try reading my last post.  John Gruden won a SB in our last year of our window of opportunity.  The ownership realized the window was closing fast and fired Dungey.  Gruden came in and implemented a new offense and won the SB.  The decline that followed was obvious to the owners and should have been to you too.  Regardless of who was here the past 5 years, we weren't winning crap.  I don't know why that is so difficult to figure out.  People should be kissing his ass for what he was able to do it in 02.  Karen, you're a very negative person who doesn't post anything of any value.  All you do is complain and never contribute anything that resembles a perceptive or cogent thought.  There are many NFL fans that wish they had John Gruden as head coach, many that wish they won a SB in the past 5 years, many that wish their team was located in an attrative state, many that wish their team had a great stadium, many that wish their team had the best facilities, etc.  You people seem to forget the prior owners, piss poor uniforms, piss poor stadium, terrible teams, a place nobody wanted to play, and no chance of ever winning anything. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : March 27, 2007, 02:38:59 AM

I think Caddy was an impact player his rookie year. We rode those legs to a division title. When he struggled, we struggled. Clayton had an equally impressive rookie campaign, and yet we were picking 5th the next year. So a running back is going to help someone somewhere this year.

As far as Gruden being on a 1 year rope, I feel like that's one of those things people are saying over and over again until they believe it's true. But where is the empirical evidence? People used to debate it, journalists have speculated about it, but now it seems the debate is over and everyone just assumes it. I just personally haven't seen anything from ownership that leads me to that conclusion. And honestly, as a fan, I don't want it to be true. "Win now" will lead to poor decisions that are going to set this team back several years. If the fans and media create the pressure on the Bucs to flip coaches every 3-4 years, then we deserve the misery that follows.

It is a what have you done for me lately league & present regime has lost 3 of the last 5 yrs.  Including last year which was the worst in many, many years. Flip coaches every 3-4 years?  They've been here 5 & the last year was  the worst in what? 8-10 yrs.  They should stay no matter how bad it gets?

klb55

Starter

#3 : March 27, 2007, 02:24:25 AM

I couldn't agree more.  Considering the lack of draft picks, salary cap space, an old defense, and the lack of a QB(outside of Brad Johnson) it is stupid to consider firing Gruden now.  We have a young offense that should be allowed to grow together.  Now, all we need to do is rebuild the defense.  We need to maintain continuity in our coaching staff, don't overpay players, build through the draft, and trade players while they still have value that aren't expected to be here (Rice).  It would be a nightmare to have to restaff the coaches, implement new systems, find the players to fit into those systems, and finally win.  Despite what others, including Brad Culpepper, I think the Glazers realize all the factors involved and won't tear down an organization that is on the verge of taking off. 

light*beer

Rookie

#4 : March 26, 2007, 04:58:32 PM

QB's not being a factor, JT & CJ ....who else will step right in and contribute?

That being the case, and Gruden being on essentially a one year rope, why wouldn't he package whatever is necessary to move up and secure one of these players?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 26, 2007, 05:01:01 PM

Defensive players typically have the fastest learning curve. Think about Shawn Merriman and DeMarcus Ware in 2005. Wide receivers rarely make a difference.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : March 26, 2007, 05:08:59 PM

Welcome aboard light*beer!

ordinary

Second String

#7 : March 26, 2007, 05:15:50 PM

Contribute right away,Okoye,or Landry would. CJ and Thomas would take some time to develop

vladin

Starter

#8 : March 26, 2007, 05:25:14 PM

I think Caddy was an impact player his rookie year.  We rode those legs to a division title.  When he struggled, we struggled.  Clayton had an equally impressive rookie campaign, and yet we were picking 5th the next year.  So a running back is going to help someone somewhere this year. 

As far as Gruden being on a 1 year rope, I feel like that's one of those things people are saying over and over again until they believe it's true.  But where is the empirical evidence?  People used to debate it, journalists have speculated about it, but now it seems the debate is over and everyone just assumes it.  I just personally haven't seen anything from ownership that leads me to that conclusion.  And honestly, as a fan, I don't want it to be true.  "Win now" will lead to poor decisions that are going to set this team back several years.  If the fans and media create the pressure on the Bucs to flip coaches every 3-4 years, then we deserve the misery that follows.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : March 26, 2007, 05:37:54 PM

The top defensive players (Adams, Okoye, Landry, Carriker, etc), the runningbacks, Joe Thomas, and maybe Kalil.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 26, 2007, 05:39:04 PM

A dynamic kick/punt returner could be an instant impact; but wouldn't require the 1st rounder

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 26, 2007, 05:53:21 PM

I think it is 7-8 deep.

Je Marcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson
Gaines Adams
Calvin Johnson
OKoye
Laron Landry

Branch is no longer on this list

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#12 : March 26, 2007, 06:10:08 PM

I think Landry, patrick Willis, and Joe Thomas are the best out of the box

Mellow

Starter

#13 : March 26, 2007, 06:24:02 PM

By 'impact' do you mean guys who start right away and make a difference?  If so, then there are probably 10-15 impact players, and it'd be hard to name them right now.  However:

(a) sure as hell Russell and Quinn are NOT on that list, nor any QB;
(b) I don't care what Kiper says, I'd bet Branch IS on that list. 
(c) I'd bet even more Reggie Nelson is on that list
(d) Don't be surprised if a WR other than CJ has the biggest impact next year . . . a la Colsten
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many instant impact players are in this draft?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools