Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets Robbed and Mugged « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#45 : October 19, 2007, 10:04:54 PM

.....Ahhhh nothing like people on high horses nocked down.

If Maryland can beat Rutgers, how the hell does USF lose to them?!

FSU for 10-2!!! :D

It's knocked.  If you are going to make fun of people junior, you should at least spell the words right when doing it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 19, 2007, 10:07:17 PM

so how long is this crying about the refs gonna go on?

you do know that no matter how much ya complain that L aint gettin changed into a W.

How long are you going to keep coming to this board and harass Bulls' fans discussing their team and/or events of their games.  No matter how many times you come on here and act like an a-- we're still going to be fans and still going to discuss our team. 

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 19, 2007, 08:16:02 PM

.....Ahhhh nothing like people on high horses nocked down.

If Maryland can beat Rutgers, how the hell does USF lose to them?!

FSU for 10-2!!! :D

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 19, 2007, 08:09:27 PM

you do know that no matter how much ya complain that L aint gettin changed into a W.

I hear it's under a review and dates are beng cleared in December for a re-play ...

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 19, 2007, 08:06:01 PM

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 19, 2007, 08:04:20 PM

The wording(forward pass) and the penalty were wrong but the first player definitely seemed to deliberately scoop the ball forward. Maybe it was an involuntary action but the official thought otherwise.

They called the penalty on the second player and neither play was clear by the visual evidence.

Even from this crappy YouTube quality you can see the tackler's right arm coming around from behind and hitting McKenzie's arm ...... and mjs, listen to the commentators. All were NOT in agreement on the call.

I know it wasn't the only reason we lost but that was a HUGE momentum swing. Took the crowd out right before the half and we get the ball at the start of the second half.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#51 : October 19, 2007, 06:32:53 PM

The only sad thing is that nothing happens to the officials.  Had this been a game with one of the beloved schools such as USC, they would be talking about the questionable calls the rest of the season.
Don't think for one moment that those calls didn't have an affect on the game and swing of momentum.  To go from being 14 points up to 4 is HUGE! 
Had I been the coach, they would have tossed me from the game and penalized me for going absolutely banana's on them for overturning that call.  Again, this is the reason why their needs to be more accountability on the refs and the ability to overturn calls during games that are decided by the refs. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#52 : October 19, 2007, 11:46:18 AM

C'mon guys. The Refs were no better or worse than most other games. What lost the game was the fact they were better prepared than USF. Their ability to keep a scrambling QB in the middle spelled disaster. Blame could be thrown around a lot of different directions - but should be pointed internally. Blaming the zebras only makes you look like you have never been here before.

Talking about the horrible officiating calls has nothing to do with "being there before".  There's plenty of blame to go around on the Green and Gold.  Nobody's denied that.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#53 : October 19, 2007, 11:43:06 AM

C'mon guys.  The Refs were no better or worse than most other games.  What lost the game was the fact they were better prepared than USF.  Their ability to keep a scrambling QB in the middle spelled disaster.  Blame could be thrown around a lot of different directions - but should be pointed internally.  Blaming the zebras only makes you look like you have never been here before.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#54 : October 19, 2007, 11:56:22 AM

Olaf,
I guess the name of the thread is confusing. USF gets robbed and mugged by whom? Quit blaming the loss on the officials. They were not the reason for the loss

The blame for the loss goes on USF.   They had their chances.  The officiating was brutal and 3 very questionable calls didn't help matters.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#55 : October 19, 2007, 11:51:43 AM

Olaf,
I guess the name of the thread is confusing.  USF gets robbed and mugged by whom?  Quit blaming the loss on the officials.  They were not the reason for the loss

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 21, 2007, 11:30:14 PM

USF had 3 chances inside of 7 minutes to win the game.  They were shut down.  Plain and simple, they lost.  Stop crying and get ready for UCONN.

Ummm, who on this thread is crying ....? (I even let your 3 times shut down comment go by this time)

Read the title,   

Then quote the original post ..... You were talking about ND bowl games and then, out of the blue, you chime in with the "Stop crying" when nobody has said a thing for quite a few posts.

I was responding in part to the thread, in part to Krazy who asked about USF title chances.....

Keep up.

If you think Krazy was crying about USF, YOU need to keep up ...

Crying part was not in response to him, the question of how their title hopes were looking was.

You didn't mention title hopes in your crying post which is the one I responded to....... Dude, just admit it when you're wrong. It won't kill you.

#57 : October 21, 2007, 11:23:41 PM

USF had 3 chances inside of 7 minutes to win the game.  They were shut down.  Plain and simple, they lost.  Stop crying and get ready for UCONN.

Ummm, who on this thread is crying ....? (I even let your 3 times shut down comment go by this time)

Read the title,   

Then quote the original post ..... You were talking about ND bowl games and then, out of the blue, you chime in with the "Stop crying" when nobody has said a thing for quite a few posts.

I was responding in part to the thread, in part to Krazy who asked about USF title chances.....

Keep up.

If you think Krazy was crying about USF, YOU need to keep up ...

Crying part was not in response to him, the question of how their title hopes were looking was.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#58 : October 19, 2007, 08:40:26 AM

What about when Rutgers blocked the field goal and the Rutgers player obviously patted the ball forward while on the ground??  Isn't that the same thing they claimed USF did?  Why not review that and throw a flag after the review?
The whole game something smelled fishy and it was black/white tuna.....

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#59 : October 19, 2007, 08:22:18 AM

The wording(forward pass) and the penalty were wrong but the first player definitely seemed to deliberately scoop the ball forward.  Maybe it was an involuntary action but the official thought otherwise.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets Robbed and Mugged « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools