Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets Robbed and Mugged « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 19, 2007, 09:30:17 AM

The wording(forward pass) and the penalty were wrong but the first player definitely seemed to deliberately scoop the ball forward. Maybe it was an involuntary action but the official thought otherwise.

They called the penalty on the second player and neither play was clear by the visual evidence.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 18, 2007, 10:38:11 PM

That is the crime.  There's no way that they could make that "judgement" from the play.  Unless Kreskin is the replay official tonight there's no way the could judge from the replay that his "intent" was to "prppel" the ball forward.  It came out when he was hit.

tonyflash

Starter

#62 : October 19, 2007, 12:11:17 AM

Both players made sure the ball went forward, and that is not allowed.

And the "Hand of God" never happened. hehehe

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 19, 2007, 12:32:30 AM

And the excuses are plentiful.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#64 : October 19, 2007, 08:17:07 AM

Both players made sure the ball went forward, and that is not allowed.

But the call was illegal forward pass and it was flagged-- by definition one can not make an illegal forward pass unless he possesses the ball-- replay clearly showed neither player had possession when the ball propelled forward. Physics clearly tells you when hit from behind or chasing and missing that when a ball is hit in a certain direction it follows the path of the force.

And if it is called a TD on the field -- there has to be 100% undeniable visual evidence to overturn it. The refs in this case made a judgement call on a players intentions. That is not how replay is suppose to be. And the flag is pure BS.

If I were Leavitt I would demand a clear explanation and protest the game.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 18, 2007, 10:13:15 PM

That's what pisses me off Nova, if it can go either way then it's CLEAR there is no indisputable evidence to overturn it. It was a garbage call and it swung the momentum in Rutgers favor big time, 24-10 at halftime is much different than 17-13. But of course I can't really expect much more from a college football game, if you have a no name team you also have no chance at winning anything worth a crap.

NovaBuc

Starter

#66 : October 18, 2007, 10:08:18 PM

The fumbles could go either way and are a judgement call. Sometimes you get those calls, sometimes you don't. The flag *after* the replay review is astonishing to me and something I did not know was even possible. Made a difference in the game as I think the field goal would have been good from the distance before the penalty was marched off. Ah well, one thing the Bucs and the Bulls are good for, weird officiating calls that you never see in any other game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#67 : October 18, 2007, 10:09:34 PM

That call totally changed the game.  It looks like the BCS is getting what they want.

NovaBuc

Starter

#68 : October 18, 2007, 10:32:35 PM

Thing is, if it's a judgement call they can judge that it was them intentionally moving the ball forward after seeing the replay. It can go either way, so not surprised to see it overturned. I thought it was intentional when seeing it. Still, the flag is the part that totally mystifies me. If I recall, replay cannot be used to overturn a penalty. In this case, it seems like it was used to call one. That's just wrong, but here's hoping the call is irrelevant at the end of the day.

Since when can they overturn calls without indisputable evidence. 

On a play like that, it's a judgement call as to what indisputable evidence is, much like the Emanuel catch in the 99 championship game. Just saying the bigger crime in my mind is the flag called after a replay.

NovaBuc

Starter

#69 : October 18, 2007, 11:09:21 PM

Offense really seems flat other than Grothe and surprising the pressure Rutgers is getting. The line is definitely hurt by all of the injuries. At least the WRs aren't dropping as many passes as they did in the West Virginia game. Defense seems to not be going after people and playing more of the prevent they played at the end of the West Virginia game too. Grothe is definitely impressing me, other than the two sacks (especially the last one) at the end of that series, he's made much better decisions with his throws and looks cool as a cucumber.

The special teams play has been abysmal. After the Auburn game, I thought for sure we would see a new kicker. Coming back to bite us in the tail, this would be a tie game with a decent kicker. Possibly a 3 point lead for us.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 18, 2007, 11:05:13 PM

Oh no doubt, but the ST plays have been for more critical.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 18, 2007, 11:05:59 PM

Oh no doubt, but the ST plays have been for more critical.

Still time to pull this out of the fire.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#72 : October 18, 2007, 11:02:56 PM

STs has killed us. Two missed FGs, two fakes lead to points, long return helped pin us back, stupid penalty moved them itno our territory and led to the last FG.

They had a couple of muffed punts, but only one led to points.

They have spluttered and stalled on defense and offense as well. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#73 : October 18, 2007, 10:59:44 PM

They sholdn't be allowed to overturn calls based on "beliefs".  I saw the coach run on the field while the ball is live.  that's not a penalty.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#74 : October 18, 2007, 10:01:08 PM

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets Robbed and Mugged « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools