Boards > The Red Board

Ruud as Safety..

(1/4) > >>

DefenseWins:
Just hung up the phone with my dad, who made an interesting observation about the Bucs and their safety woes..

He asked.."Why not try out Ruud at the safety position?  On field-experience would be beneficial for the youngster, and he is quite a cerebral guy.. What harm could come of it? I doubt it would dilute or confuse his ability to play linebacker.. Our safeties now are a mess. I doubt we'd suffer worse than we already do.. "

Now, before you call it crazy, think about it for a moment.

Let's discuss...!

GO BUCS!!!

bradentonian:
Rudd is way too big for safety. 

Larry Brackins:
no.

DanTurksGhost:
Ruud ain't a safety.

alldaway:
I rather see Bolden play safety to be honest.

ronde bear:
Ruud is like 255, and is not fast enough. NOt a horrible thought, I think he could play there if he was faster and smaller like a Lynch

Larry Brackins:
hell no.

samsdad:

--- Quote from: DefenseWins on October 23, 2006, 09:22:23 PM ---Just hung up the phone with my dad, who made an interesting observation about the Bucs and their safety woes..

He asked.."Why not try out Ruud at the safety position?  On field-experience would be beneficial for the youngster, and he is quite a cerebral guy.. What harm could come of it? I doubt it would dilute or confuse his ability to play linebacker.. Our safeties now are a mess. I doubt we'd suffer worse than we already do.. "

Now, before you call it crazy, think about it for a moment.

Let's discuss...!

GO BUCS!!!

--- End quote ---

ok i thought about it for minute....bad idea....hes a middle backer.....HES TOOOO SLOW to play safety....a wr would run right by him.

Lynchy was a hitter but the basterd was fast as all hells for a SS

gharen:
I'm not sure Ruud is a middle linebacker either. I think the jury is still out on that one.

keeponbucn:

--- Quote from: All_da_way on October 23, 2006, 09:26:00 PM ---I rather see Bolden play safety to be honest.

--- End quote ---

exactly!!! He'd be perfect. Ruud is to slow...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version