Boards > The Red Board

Problems Tackling???

(1/4) > >>

nflinsider:
How can a defense that is predicated upon speed and good tackling look slow and miss so many tackles? Why do you suppose there're so many missed tackles this year?

rocko23:
i think that age and being slow getting to the spot is what the deal is.

JavaBuc:
I wonder if they are doing something different in practice now that they have some new coaches.

ABuccs Fan:

--- Quote from: JavaBuc on October 24, 2006, 09:19:26 AM ---I wonder if they are doing something different in practice now that they have some new coaches.

--- End quote ---
So new coaches made Derrick, Ronde and Phiilips forget everything the old coaches taught them? I'm not buy the new coach excuse. Schemes and in game adjustments I'll entertain, but not missed takles.

DanTurksGhost:

--- Quote from: JavaBuc on October 24, 2006, 09:19:26 AM ---I wonder if they are doing something different in practice now that they have some new coaches.

--- End quote ---

Umm, no.

JavaBuc:

--- Quote from: ABuccsFan on October 24, 2006, 09:22:33 AM ---So new coaches made Derrick, Ronde and Phiilips forget everything the old coaches taught them? I'm not buy the new coach excuse. Schemes and in game adjustments I'll entertain, but not missed takles.

--- End quote ---

New coaches won't make them forget how to tackle.  But, for example, if they used to have certain routines in practice where they tackled alot more in practice than they do now - that could make a difference.     You need to do alot of tackling in practice to tackle well in the games, no matter how many times you tackled last year or the year before.

ABuccs Fan:

--- Quote from: JavaBuc on October 24, 2006, 09:33:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: ABuccsFan on October 24, 2006, 09:22:33 AM ---So new coaches made Derrick, Ronde and Phiilips forget everything the old coaches taught them? I'm not buy the new coach excuse. Schemes and in game adjustments I'll entertain, but not missed takles.

--- End quote ---

no matter how many times you tackled last year or the year before.

--- End quote ---
But we are talking about 11 and 9 years respectively for our 2 biggest offenders this season.

BTownBucFan:
I think it's playing NOT to get hurt. 

nflinsider:
If it were just Brooks and Quarles, age might be a legitimate excuse but there's a whole lot more blame to go around. I've coached football at the middle school level and the more tackling drills we did in practice the better we tackled. I will say that this defense doesn't look as fast as it once was and that age could be why.

leeroybuc93:
Sadly, I am starting to think it's something that cannot be improved.  I think it's age in most cases, and just sheer lack of talent in others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version