Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patient has wrong testicle removed.... « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: April 05, 2007, 09:51:06 PM

VA patient has wrong testicle removed
April 4, 2007

LOS ANGELES --An Air Force veteran has filed a federal claim after an operation at a Veterans Administration hospital in which a healthy testicle was removed instead of a potentially cancerous one.

Benjamin Houghton, 47, was to have had his left testicle removed June 14 at the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center because there was a chance it could harbor cancer cells. It also was atrophied and painful.

But doctors mistakenly removed the right testicle, according to medical records and the claim, which seeks $200,000 for future care and unspecified damages. He still hasn't had the other testicle removed.

"At first I thought it was a joke," Houghton told the Los Angeles Times. "Then I was shocked. I told them, 'What do I do now?'"

Houghton, his wife, Monica, and their attorney, Dr. Susan Friery, said they hoped to get the VA's attention by going public with the situation.

Dr. Dean Norman, chief of staff for the Greater Los Angeles VA system, has formally apologized to Houghton and his wife.

"We are making every attempt that we can to care for Mr. Houghton, but it's in litigation, and that's all we can tell you," he said. The hospital changed practices as a result of the case, he added.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/04/04/vet_claims_docs_removed_wrong_testicle/

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#1 : April 05, 2007, 10:04:07 PM

That really sucks.

I'd ask for a hell of a lot more than 200K though.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 05, 2007, 10:47:41 PM

If I was him, I would think it was a joke too. But, I agree with Ray I would raise the price up.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 05, 2007, 11:15:34 PM

Raise it way up.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : April 06, 2007, 12:11:07 AM

He is essentially giving up 2 nuts.

I would give up 1 nut for 200K provided my other was in fine working shape.  I only need 1 nut.  But given his case where now the other nut will have to be removed as well, that's at least 10 million.

This guys age works against him, but if I am him I would say I was robbed of at least 2-3 more children.  That's where the big bucks are at;  Inability to have future children.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 06, 2007, 12:16:06 AM

What about the guy on 60 Minutes who was wrongly convicted of rape and murder and
put away for ten years. Then, DNA testing came of age. And they found out his semen
didn't match the semen found in the victim. And the judge decides that even without
the semen/DNA match, he could have still committed the murders! So he spends
another 9 years in jail. 19 total until they find the real killer/rapist.

And the city offered him $1.7 million. Sorry, but I want $10 million if I'm him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/23/60minutes/main2600721.shtml

The story really doesn't focus on him.

#6 : April 06, 2007, 12:19:44 AM

no amount of $$ is enuff for 19 years in jail.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : April 06, 2007, 12:35:13 AM

Speaking of wrongful convictions, the "Hurricane" was robbed of a hell of a lot.

klb55

Starter

#8 : April 06, 2007, 01:13:07 AM

What about the guy on 60 Minutes who was wrongly convicted of rape and murder and
put away for ten years. Then, DNA testing came of age. And they found out his semen
didn't match the semen found in the victim. And the judge decides that even without
the semen/DNA match, he could have still committed the murders! So he spends
another 9 years in jail. 19 total until they find the real killer/rapist.

And the city offered him $1.7 million. Sorry, but I want $10 million if I'm him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/23/60minutes/main2600721.shtml

The story really doesn't focus on him.

That judge should be sent to jail for at least 9 years.   That guy deserves at least 5 million.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 06, 2007, 01:42:15 AM

A bit off topic, but the girls here in Thailand tell me they avoid going to bed with Korean guys.   They say that Korean guys have this stupid thing they do where they have their balls removed and replaced with ball bearings simply so they can slam harder against the girls.

Maybe the guy can try that?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 06, 2007, 01:49:22 AM

What about the guy who had his wrong leg removed, and now they have to draw on you before the surgery, to assure the surgery is performed on the right limb...

As for the guy with the testicle issue, I would sue for a HELL OF A LOT MORE than 10 million!  It would go in the area of 80 or 90 million!  You can't put a tag on those bad boys!

You would think the boneheaded mistakes like this would never happen, but then again, the guy should have said it is the right one.  REMEMBER THAT!  THE RIGHT ONE!  YOU HEAR ME?!?!  THE RIGHT ONE!!! GIMME A MAGIC MARKER AND LET ME CIRCLE THE BAD ONE!  THE TINY ATROPHIED ONE IS BAD!!  THE BIG ONE IS GOOD!  OKAY?!?!  THE RIGHT ONE.  YES SIR THE RIGHT IS NOT ALRIGHT.  LEAVE THE LEFT ONE ALONE.  RIGHT ONE BAD RIGHT ONE BAD!

Wouldn't you do that?

klb55

Starter

#11 : April 06, 2007, 01:53:56 AM

80 or 90 mil.....boid, you must have elephantitis down there  :o

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 06, 2007, 01:55:41 AM

80 or 90 mil.....boid, you must have elephantitis down there :o

This is purely a QUALITY OF LIFE argument.  90 mill doesn't cut it really.  I would rather have them both, but if I had to lose both of them due to operator error, 90 million is a small price to pay for the reason I am a man.  LOL!

klb55

Starter

#13 : April 06, 2007, 02:05:56 AM

80 or 90 mil.....boid, you must have elephantitis down there :o

This is purely a QUALITY OF LIFE argument. 90 mill doesn't cut it really. I would rather have them both, but if I had to lose both of them due to operator error, 90 million is a small price to pay for the reason I am a man. LOL!

Maybe they should just throw in the rest of the sexual reasignment surgery for free...lol

klb55

Starter

#14 : April 06, 2007, 02:34:31 AM

boid.........i think this guy would sue for about 10 billion...........check your pm for link

unbelievable huh
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patient has wrong testicle removed.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools