Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grad not gettin recognized « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

: October 26, 2006, 09:01:33 PM

good, he'll stay humble and under the radar...he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to be great...and he would be great if he got us to the playoffs...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 26, 2006, 08:57:47 PM

Every now and then ESPN mentions his name but even then it's for a short little blurb.

They are more obsessed about the other rookie QB's such as Leinart and Young, but Grad is doing 10x better, IMO.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : October 26, 2006, 09:37:29 PM

He was a 6th round pick vs. 2 1st round picks. he'll have to make the play offs to get noticed.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2006, 09:40:33 PM

what has he done that SHOULD get him noticed?

His numbers aren't very sexy...

He is playing on a losing team...

He wasn't a hyped up 1st round pick...

Until he does something spectacular, he will go unoticed...

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 26, 2006, 09:54:40 PM

Every now and then ESPN mentions his name but even then it's for a short little blurb.

They are more obsessed about the other rookie QB's such as Leinart and Young, but Grad is doing 10x better, IMO.

Just be patient. This win on Sunday will vault him as far as being recognized.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : October 26, 2006, 10:29:42 PM

To most media outlets he's a substitute QB.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#6 : October 26, 2006, 10:51:48 PM

This reminds me of all the people ALL offseason **CENSORED**ing because ESPN and the likes weren't "respecting" our defense and had them ranked too low.  I always maintained yeah we were good last year but that won't do anything to help us this year, and if we play well we'll get respect.

Well, looks like they were right and had them maybe ranked TOO HIGH!

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 27, 2006, 01:16:55 AM

Leinart and Young are getting the recognition they earned in college.  So is Grads, he just earned less...

None of the attention surrounding any of them is really based on their pro performance...

Besides, as a writer, why spend time on Grads?  Statisticly, he's far less likely to be around as long, or as successful as 2 rd 1 picks...

I AM gonna laugh my ass off if he turns in a better year than either of them though!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 27, 2006, 01:42:37 AM

Leinart and Young are getting the recognition they earned in college. So is Grads, he just earned less...

None of the attention surrounding any of them is really based on their pro performance...

Besides, as a writer, why spend time on Grads? Statisticly, he's far less likely to be around as long, or as successful as 2 rd 1 picks...

I AM gonna laugh my ass off if he turns in a better year than either of them though!

You and half of Raymond James Stadium, if you get my drift.

It is a damned shame that these "fans" are selling their tix to Eagles fans to make a profit.  It is a FOOTBALL GAME.  Support your local squad...your local PRO squad.

That really pisses me off.  All the Eagles fans you see in the stands, with GOOD seats.  Next time any of you guys get to a game, ask the guys around you if they can name the starting lineman, defense and offense.  ASk them if they know where Bruce went to school.  ASk them how old Galloway is...

It sounds like the fans need more of that rabid Eagle energy on that front.

calehawkins

Second String

#9 : October 27, 2006, 06:31:57 AM

Ya, I noticed that and posted it in another topic too, along with Young's dismal stats and Leinart's worse-than-Gradkowski's stats. Take a look at the win loss record and that's all you need.

Grads: 2-1
Leinart: 0-4
Young: 1-4

TDs-Interceptions:

Grads 4-1
Leinart 4-4
Young 3-4

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 27, 2006, 07:38:44 AM

To most media outlets he's a substitute QB.

Please don't take this wrong, bc I like Grads and have hopes for his career. 

He is a back up qb, he has shown he can run and make short to medium throws.  His field management skills are inconsistent.  He is getting all the attention he deserves at this point.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 27, 2006, 07:44:26 AM

The less talk about Grads in the media, the better...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#12 : October 27, 2006, 08:33:07 AM

good, he'll stay humble and under the radar...he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to be great...and he will get noticed when he leads us to the playoffs...
There, I fixed it for you.

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 27, 2006, 08:47:36 AM

Let's fly under the radar for now, if this team deserves to be talked about nationwide they will be.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : October 27, 2006, 10:57:28 AM

Who really cares? Does getting talked about on TV get you any wins? This whole Buccs fan base crying about getting recognition is so petty and lame.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grad not gettin recognized « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools