Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: an ABOMB from AROD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

: April 07, 2007, 10:08:22 PM

Is Alex turning the corner this year? 2 big game clinching HRs

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 07, 2007, 10:20:23 PM

Let him do it late in the season and then in the playoffs and then we can talk.

He had some huge HRs last year in the regular season and then the playoffs came.

We'll see...

Big hit either way.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#2 : April 07, 2007, 10:25:23 PM

I find this funny because next month Yankees fans will hate him again.

Heck, it may even be just next time he strikes out.......

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 07, 2007, 10:27:39 PM

LOL

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 07, 2007, 10:28:54 PM

EGGZACTLY RAY.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 07, 2007, 11:10:17 PM

Nice to see the fickleness of fans is in full swing with the season only a week old. Now he's loved by all Yankee fans until he does something they don't like or doesn't do what they hope for.

#6 : April 08, 2007, 02:32:51 AM

Yet when TAmpa fans boo our players we are ignorant LOL

I like A Rod, I hope he puts up another 35 HR 120 RBI and YAnkees fans run him out of town so that Aaron Boone can come back. Spoiled bastads, makes me jealous.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 08, 2007, 02:59:57 AM

Yet when TAmpa fans boo our players we are ignorant LOL

I like A Rod, I hope he puts up another 35 HR 120 RBI and YAnkees fans run him out of town so that Aaron Boone can come back. Spoiled bastads, makes me jealous.
I wonder if the DRays can afford a bat like that...

Naw.  Of course not.

They don;t sell enough tix.

Of course, My sorry Phils team is trailing them in fan count.  NOT!

Just ribbin' some folks!

Don;t get mad JD, I KNOW I KNOW.

It is a marathon though. We'll see who has more wins at the end of it all.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 08, 2007, 10:57:22 AM

ARod isnt hated by all yankees fans, but the ones who do hate him are louder, and have reason.

I dont hate ARod, but I have a serious disliking for him.

Look at his stats for the last 2 post seasons.

But Joe had the right idea in his post.  I dont think people in TB can comprehend what NY sports are really like.  Oh well. 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : April 08, 2007, 11:40:13 AM

Just a thought, but maybe if the NY fans and press weren't on Arods "butt" so much maybe he wouldn't press so much and MAYBE he would perform better.  It's like anything he does is not enough.  The guy was the best player in baseball, a better fielder at SS than Jeter, came to the Yanks, switched to 3B even though he was the better fielder, puts up great numbers annually, yet is booed all the time, chastised anytime he says anything, etc.  If I put up MVP numbers in the regualr seasona nd STILL got booed, still got bad press, still was looked at as a guy who couldn't hack it, I might struggle in the post-season too.....

There is so much pressure on the guy its no wonder he even does as good as he does. 

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 08, 2007, 12:25:02 PM

Derek Jeter made 3 errors in the 2 games against the Rays at Yankee Stadium to start the year....no one made a peep.  Arod misplays a sky high fould pop up in the wind and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Then he hits a 2 run HR late in the game to seal the win for the Yanks....YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!

I seriously do not get it.  Arod is a much better player than Jeter defensively and offensively, yet Jeter can do no wrong and Arod is a loser in their eyes.  I just hope that Arod leaves the Yankees after this year and can finish out his career somewhere he will be appreciated.  He is one of the best players I have ever seen in my life.   I can't imagine any fan base not liking the guy while he was on their team.

klb55

Starter

#11 : April 08, 2007, 12:41:14 PM

ARod isnt hated by all yankees fans, but the ones who do hate him are louder, and have reason.

I dont hate ARod, but I have a serious disliking for him.

Look at his stats for the last 2 post seasons.

But Joe had the right idea in his post. I dont think people in TB can comprehend what NY sports are really like. Oh well.

Arod clearly feels the pressure in the postseason.  He would have no problem in the postseason if he just relaxed.  Arod, when the postseason starts just make contact to get yourself going instead of trying to mash the ball out of the park everytime.  Why is that so difficult? 

ICT, It is nice to see a fellow Yankee fan here.................Let's go Yankees!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#12 : April 08, 2007, 01:04:46 PM

Derek Jeter made 3 errors in the 2 games against the Rays at Yankee Stadium to start the year....no one made a peep. Arod misplays a sky high fould pop up in the wind and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Then he hits a 2 run HR late in the game to seal the win for the Yanks....YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!

I seriously do not get it. Arod is a much better player than Jeter defensively and offensively, yet Jeter can do no wrong and Arod is a loser in their eyes. I just hope that Arod leaves the Yankees after this year and can finish out his career somewhere he will be appreciated. He is one of the best players I have ever seen in my life. I can't imagine any fan base not liking the guy while he was on their team.

QFT...

Exactly.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 08, 2007, 01:11:14 PM

Its amazing that the Yankees were so excited to get ARod, now they boo the guy every chance they get - hmm kinda sounds like Gruden all you haters.  The problem with some people is they want what they do not have and when they get what they want they are still not happy.  ARod is one of the best if not the best player in the game today and yeah all the booing has to get to him.  Last time I checked one player does not carry a team through the playoffs.  Maybe if the Yankees spent more money where they should - pitching, they would have some more championships.  Yeah yeah yeah Jeter has had great postseasons before but get off ARod.

klb55

Starter

#14 : April 08, 2007, 01:15:02 PM

Its amazing that the Yankees were so excited to get ARod, now they boo the guy every chance they get - hmm kinda sounds like Gruden all you haters. The problem with some people is they want what they do not have and when they get what they want they are still not happy. ARod is one of the best if not the best player in the game today and yeah all the booing has to get to him. Last time I checked one player does not carry a team through the playoffs. Maybe if the Yankees spent more money where they should - pitching, they would have some more championships. Yeah yeah yeah Jeter has had great postseasons before but get off ARod.

I agree that it is ridiculous to keep booing Arod.  People do need to get off his back but he does need to produce in the postseason.  As far as the pitching, you are right on the money.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: an ABOMB from AROD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools