Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: an ABOMB from AROD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#150 : April 30, 2007, 01:11:39 AM

We mine as well enjoy it while we can. How long can this last?

Is Gerardi or Bowa far away?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#151 : April 27, 2007, 11:28:10 PM

Hey Chucky, with the Yankees playing so great, I don't see you posting any positive messages about your team...So I will

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA------->Boston AGAIN!!

Mo has blown so many games he's gonna need knee pads soon. Just tell him to swallow it and move on.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#152 : April 28, 2007, 03:19:10 AM

If it wasn't for the Rangers and Mets losing, tonight would be a great night.

How will Big Stein react?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#153 : April 28, 2007, 11:06:38 AM

Instead of Bueller, Beuller....It's CLEMENS, CLEMENS, CLEMENS!!!!!?????

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#154 : April 28, 2007, 11:27:03 AM

The funny thing is, when the Yankees were doing well and winning WS or making it annually Torre was PRAISED for his low key demeanor.  They said that was the perfect way to keep all the egos in check and keep the team together.  Now, when the Yankees are losing torre is being BLAMED for not being more energetic, not getting fired up, not firing the team up.

It's really pathetic actually.  But I guess that is what we have come to expect from Yankee fans and media.  Boo your star players when they are struggling rather than encourage them, praise your manager for his demeanor when you're winning, bash that SAME manager and his demeanor when you're losing.  LOL.  Makes sense.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#155 : April 28, 2007, 11:33:39 AM

The funny thing is, when the Yankees were doing well and winning WS or making it annually Torre was PRAISED for his low key demeanor. They said that was the perfect way to keep all the egos in check and keep the team together. Now, when the Yankees are losing torre is being BLAMED for not being more energetic, not getting fired up, not firing the team up.

It's really pathetic actually. But I guess that is what we have come to expect from Yankee fans and media. Boo your star players when they are struggling rather than encourage them, praise your manager for his demeanor when you're winning, bash that SAME manager and his demeanor when you're losing. LOL. Makes sense.

You mean the Braves shouldn't have fired Bobby Cox last year?  I mean he got really stupid overnight, right? /sarcasm

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#156 : April 28, 2007, 11:40:25 AM

Wheres ICIT at?? I mean he was just telling me in the last week how Andy Pettite was pitching so great. I remember telling him how Pettite isn't going to hang in the AL anymore, he of course rejected that notion while noting how much a winner Andy was. Well I agree Andy is a winner, he might pitch some good innings, but in the AL this season he's gonna get cooked. Well 4 1/3 with 5 ERs and 10 hits against Boston. Yep I knew it was coming. Andy Pettite is done, Clemens is 43 and not returning to this loser ass club, Muss is close to being finished also. The Yankees rotation is the most overrated rotation in the ML's. They suck, and thier old, dead arms are on showcase right now. Thier staff is in major trouble and I'll be here to laugh at them every night. Bye Bye Yankees you guys aren't gonna have a manager by July at this pace.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#157 : April 28, 2007, 11:43:20 AM

Wheres ICIT at?? I mean he was just telling me in the last week how Andy Pettite was pitching so great. I remember telling him how Pettite isn't going to hang in the AL anymore, he of course rejected that notion while noting how much a winner Andy was. Well I agree Andy is a winner, he might pitch some good innings, but in the AL this season he's gonna get cooked. Well 4 1/3 with 5 ERs and 10 hits against Boston. Yep I knew it was coming. Andy Pettite is done, Clemens is 43 and not returning to this loser ass club, Muss is close to being finished also. The Yankees rotation is the most overrated rotation in the ML's. They suck, and thier old, dead arms are on showcase right now. Thier staff is in major trouble and I'll be here to laugh at them every night. Bye Bye Yankees you guys aren't gonna have a manager by July at this pace.

He bagged on Dice K but bottom line is Dice K is 2-0 vs. Yankees.  He had 1 bad inning last night but kept his composure, rebounded and got the win. 

He also bagged on Paps, and fortunately for him the Sox rocked Rivera AGAIN so they didn't have to face Paps.  But it is clear as day Paps > Rivera.  Paps is a top 3 closer in the league right now.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#158 : April 28, 2007, 11:43:45 AM

You mean the Braves shouldn't have fired Bobby Cox last year? I mean he got really stupid overnight right. /sarcasm
The funny thing is, when the Yankees were doing well and winning WS or making it annually Torre was PRAISED for his low key demeanor. They said that was the perfect way to keep all the egos in check and keep the team together. Now, when the Yankees are losing torre is being BLAMED for not being more energetic, not getting fired up, not firing the team up.

It's really pathetic actually. But I guess that is what we have come to expect from Yankee fans and media. Boo your star players when they are struggling rather than encourage them, praise your manager for his demeanor when you're winning, bash that SAME manager and his demeanor when you're losing. LOL. Makes sense.

Struggling to get your point here......

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#159 : April 28, 2007, 11:48:42 AM

Same here Joe.

Yankees Suck.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#160 : April 28, 2007, 11:49:14 AM

I was referencing your comment on the Yankee fans now wanting Torre fired.

I still wouldn't count the Yankees out as much as I want to.  They were 11-19 at the end of April in 05 and still cam back to win the division. The difference this year, I think, is their pitching staff is beat up and old and so is their team.  I think the fall of the Yankees that we all kind of new would eventually come is upon us.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#161 : April 28, 2007, 11:56:49 AM

Torre has been getting criticism from Yankees fans who have supported him
the entire run. One thing I hear from friends: Torre refuses to allow his pitchers
to brush back opposing hitters, especially the Red Sox. The series in Boston?
Yankee players were getting beaned left and right. Not because RS pitchers
were throwing at them. But because they were going inside to get them
off the plate. RS hitters have nothing to fear and their hitting shows it.
Is that a valid criticism? IDK. But it's just one.

There were others and they centered around decisions made by Torre in
the playoffs over the past two years.

It's not just NY that flip flops on whether they like a coach or not. In
Tampa, when we were winning, Gru's excitement on the sidelines was
an asset. When we started to lose, his yelling and screaming was too
hard on certain players, like Simms. It's the same everywhere. NY
is just more extreme about it.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#162 : April 28, 2007, 12:09:43 PM

I still wouldn't count the Yankees out as much as I want to.  They were 11-19 at the end of April in 05 and still cam back to win the division. The difference this year, I think, is their pitching staff is beat up and old and so is their team.  I think the fall of the Yankees that we all kind of new would eventually come is upon us.

Don't get the Cox comparison.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#163 : April 28, 2007, 12:10:47 PM

Torre has been getting criticism from Yankees fans who have supported him
the entire run. One thing I hear from friends: Torre refuses to allow his pitchers
to brush back opposing hitters, especially the Red Sox. The series in Boston?
Yankee players were getting beaned left and right. Not because RS pitchers
were throwing at them. But because they were going inside to get them
off the plate. RS hitters have nothing to fear and their hitting shows it.
Is that a valid criticism? IDK. But it's just one.

There were others and they centered around decisions made by Torre in
the playoffs over the past two years.

It's not just NY that flip flops on whether they like a coach or not. In
Tampa, when we were winning, Gru's excitement on the sidelines was
an asset. When we started to lose, his yelling and screaming was too
hard on certain players, like Simms. It's the same everywhere. NY
is just more extreme about it.

That's because, as a whole, Tampa sports fans suck too.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#164 : April 28, 2007, 02:06:44 PM

I still wouldn't count the Yankees out as much as I want to. They were 11-19 at the end of April in 05 and still cam back to win the division. The difference this year, I think, is their pitching staff is beat up and old and so is their team. I think the fall of the Yankees that we all kind of new would eventually come is upon us.

Don't get the Cox comparison.

They won the division 14 years in a row (excluding the strike year when Montral would have won it) and then last year they did not win the division or make the playoffs.  Hence the comparison.  It was really a joke, obviously not a good one.  lol.  Nevermind.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: an ABOMB from AROD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools