Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Going unnoticed « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 24, 2006, 09:49:21 PM

The return game has definitely been above average this year!  If Pittman doesn't bring the ball back to the 36/37, we never have a chance of kicking the field goal.  Special teams is just above average and peeking IMO.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 24, 2006, 10:15:27 PM

right now pittman is ranked 8th in the league in avg kr.  I think he's doing a decent job.  will he ever return one? I don't think so, but is doing a good job.  Although I would like to see his 22.9 avg get closer to 27.  Jones is ranked 9th in avg punt return yards, but agree we need to get some better blocking and open up some lanes.  I'd like to see that go up to 12-13 and maybe return a few for some points.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 25, 2006, 12:49:45 AM

Pittman is good aat the KR.

Jones should be phased out and replaced with Buchanon, or Joey, or Section 12, Row 15, Seat #354.

Whoever that may be.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : October 25, 2006, 12:59:43 AM

Jones should be phased out and replaced with Buchanon, or Joey, or Section 12, Row 15, Seat #354.

Whoever that may be.
Boid, I think that's me, but I will defer to you. Be on the field @ Giants stadium on sun. @ 1.  :D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 25, 2006, 01:00:51 AM

Whoever that may be.
Boid, I think that's me, but I will defer to you. Be on the field @ Giants stadium on sun. @ 1. :D

Ironically, I was a punt/kick returner in High School!  LMAO!!

With that said, I think I will pass on that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 25, 2006, 02:00:22 AM

Pitt won't return one unless the other team's ST breaks down worse than ours at NO.  The reason?  He runs straight ahead.  Doesn't cut more than 5 feet.  Every big return has at least one fairly big cut.  He never gets outta the hash...

EDIT:  But his straight ahead style is fairly consistently netting acceptable position so I'm satisfied with it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 25, 2006, 02:02:25 AM

Pitt won't return one unless the other team's ST breaks down worse than ours at NO. The reason? He runs straight ahead. Doesn't cut more than 5 feet. Every big return has at least one fairly big cut. He never gets outta the hash...

EDIT: But his straight ahead style is fairly consistently netting acceptable position so I'm satisfied with it.

He has a great straight line speed, and stranger things have happened.  I think he almost returned one last year.  He mioght have tripped on Gruden ego though...JK! JK!

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#7 : October 25, 2006, 02:09:34 AM

This has been one strange season, I have a feeling we're going to witness something very special before the end of the season. Bryant's history making field goal was just a teaser.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 25, 2006, 07:37:47 AM

You have to give Sonic the Hedgehog some props.  He's doing a good job of giving us decent field position.  I just wish all of the teams and Tampa would cut those long blades of grass that jump up and trip him when he's about to break one... [banghead] ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#9 : October 25, 2006, 09:00:09 AM

Pitt is warming up for Thanksgiving.  When we're in the national spotlight, not only will return a KO for a TD, he's gonna do it twice!  The magic BullsEye has spoken.

TBayJJ

Second String

#10 : October 25, 2006, 02:44:13 PM

I agree, we need to start to get buchanon some more returns and it will go up even more.

original

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 26, 2006, 09:39:27 AM

Even if Sonic takes one to the house, it would get called back due to a hands to the face penalty by K. Walker, and he isn't playing.  Just kidding!  I'd love to see Sonic get er done against the Cowgirls.

vipmark

Starter
#12 : October 26, 2006, 12:15:55 PM

This has been one strange season, I have a feeling we're going to witness something very special before the end of the season. Bryant's history making field goal was just a teaser.

You got that right Rocket, very weird year so far. Anything can happen and probably will.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 27, 2006, 07:53:11 AM

You got that right Rocket, very weird year so far. Anything can happen and probably will.

To quote one of my favorite Buccaneers Coaches..."That's why you play the game!"

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 27, 2006, 07:59:02 AM

You have to give Sonic the Hedgehog some props.  He's doing a good job of giving us decent field position.  I just wish all of the teams and Tampa would cut those long blades of grass that jump up and trip him when he's about to break one... [banghead] ;D

It is hard to watch that and not biatch out loud.  Confounding the best the bucs can do is find a guy to return kicks who simply runs straight ahead - and can be taken down by long grass or a line marker.  Amazing. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Going unnoticed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools