Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A turning point for the franchise.... « previous next »
Page: 1

3paths

Starter

: October 24, 2006, 11:46:49 PM

Many feel that our franchise has not been the same since the loss to Indy on the Monday nighter. That was a heartbreaker. I was there to experience every moment of it.

Could the win on Sunday, as impossible as it may have been be the pendulum swinging back in the direction of success? History does not favor the Bucs, however, it didn't favor us last Sunday either.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2006, 11:51:45 PM

I don't think you judge that until after the season when you can sit back and say, "that's it. That's when it shifted on our side." In the middle of the season, I think it's too difficult.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 24, 2006, 11:56:06 PM

We just have to trust Gruden, and his maniacal approach to game planning.  We have to trust that the defense will act like grown men, and play up to standards set for a decade by Monte.  We have to trust Grads will be effective in moving the chains, and that the run game will live up to "Pound the Rock".  A lot to ask for, but any team is beatable.  The Bucs have a chance, although a slim one just like versus the Eagles. 

Now about them stinky safeties...I can't really trust them. 

And Boldens tackling reminds me of Pop Warner tryouts.  Everyone is scared to lay it on the line and drive through with their pads.  Bolden needs to hit something, he acts like he is playing basketball, or two hand touch out there.  That isn't physical enough.

I sincerely doubt Kelly comes back.  At all this season, FWIW.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : October 25, 2006, 12:47:17 AM

I think this game was the turning point for our season. We won it, so that is a good thing.

Really I didn't anticipate this game would be that close. I thought if it were a close game, we would lose. The only way I thought we would win is if we blew them out. We did defensively because Ronde took over the game but still that wasn't enough to stop them in the 4th quarter.

None of us can give you a definitive answer to this, of course, but I think that as we stand here right now this game was the definitive moment in our season. I don't want to say our franchise, but the season. When you win a game like that it does a lot for your morale. The Bengals game did a lot for this team's morale as well. You get on this roller coaster high and you go on a winning streak. That is what I expect from this team. I think we are going to continue winning here and have quite a nice streak, at least evenining us up with .500.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 25, 2006, 12:50:49 AM

I think this game was the turning point for our season. We won it, so that is a good thing.

Really I didn't anticipate this game would be that close. I thought if it were a close game, we would lose. The only way I thought we would win is if we blew them out. We did defensively because Ronde took over the game but still that wasn't enough to stop them in the 4th quarter.

None of us can give you a definitive answer to this, of course, but I think that as we stand here right now this game was the definitive moment in our season. I don't want to say our franchise, but the season. When you win a game like that it does a lot for your morale. The Bengals game did a lot for this team's morale as well. You get on this roller coaster high and you go on a winning streak. That is what I expect from this team. I think we are going to continue winning here and have quite a nice streak, at least evenining us up with .500.
I am usually the negative one, but I am going to let myself be out there, and agree with you!

GO BUCS!!!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : October 25, 2006, 12:53:25 AM

Hey, Boid, anything can happen man. Look at weak leg Bryant kicking a 62 yard FG. You never know what can happen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 25, 2006, 12:57:20 AM

Hey, Boid, anything can happen man. Look at weak leg Bryant kicking a 62 yard FG. You never know what can happen.
In talking to Bryant the day after his majestic 62-yard, game-winning kick; he was still in a bit of a dream world. The kicker said, "It's unreal man. The scene was unreal. I actually didn't see the ball go through the uprights, but when everyone started jumping on me and the cannons went off, that's when I knew."

Bryant said he was more relaxed for the kick than any other he attempted. He said, "The percentage of that going in is so low, I was in a great frame of mind. And my holder told me to have fun. And we did. And still are!"

Bryant also confessed that he's never made a kick that far in his life, even in practice.

The kick resulted in the Tampa taking a stunner from Philly, 23-21. The Eagles face the Jaguars this week in a battle of two teams who didn't survive upset Sunday.

Option, that kick made me a believer all over again man!  It is like the weight of four losses isn't so heavy to bear.  And I am just a fan of the Bucs!  Can you imagine being a player!

That was awesome.

The defense owes Bryant free dinners for the rest of his stay in Tampa!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : October 25, 2006, 01:01:35 AM

Another thing is look at Bryant's career. He saved himself now because he made that kick. He will probably end up going on a real hot streak and making a ton of kicks this season. Do you think anybody is going to call him the weak legged kicker again? I don't. Not only that, but he is probably going to have such a boost of confidence that he will be able to kick those 50 some yarders now.

I really think it was a turning point for his career and the team that day. These types of things can significantly alter team morale and seasons.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 25, 2006, 01:03:34 AM

Another thing is look at Bryant's career. He saved himself now because he made that kick. He will probably end up going on a real hot streak and making a ton of kicks this season. Do you think anybody is going to call him the weak legged kicker again? I don't. Not only that, but he is probably going to have such a boost of confidence that he will be able to kick those 50 some yarders now.

I really think it was a turning point for his career and the team that day. These types of things can significantly alter team morale and seasons.

And for once, I actually, truly believe that! 

After shanking some kicks last year, I was so pissed.  But I forgive him now.  How could you not?  That kick is ingrained into my memory forever.  Serioulsy, I am still smiling thinking about it! 

mnbuc

Starter
#9 : October 25, 2006, 06:04:37 PM

I think it could definetly be a mometom changer but we have to see how the rest of the season goes before putting a definative yes on it.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 25, 2006, 06:16:25 PM

i can only hope that the mighty Moe can stay with us . if we can win in NY then i think its on and pop'n.  one game at a time and lets pray our guys can tackle

vipmark

Starter
#11 : October 26, 2006, 02:24:34 AM

That game proved several times that anything can happen.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 26, 2006, 07:22:01 AM

The Super Bowl was the turning point for the franchise, it rid the Bucs the stigma of a perennial loser. This was a good, solid, energizing win.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 26, 2006, 03:41:22 PM

the turning point of this franchise was the 2002 NFC championship game at the VET!

It was at that moment, that all those frustrating years of crappy ineptitude came together and became the MIGHTY BUCS!

If we beat the giants this week, I will have to say that last weeks game MIGHT be the turning point of the SEASON, but not the history of the franchise...

If we lose to the Giants, we take a step backwards and continue the fight, but in the end, I don't think we can sneak into any playoff scenerio with a loss this weekend.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A turning point for the franchise.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools