Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Rays teach fundamentals in spring training? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: April 15, 2007, 11:53:35 PM

The Yankees are 4-5 and the Rays are 4-6. They each won one game against each other. So far they are pretty even.

The big difference though is the Yankees pitching staff is falling apart. 9 games into the season and Wang, Mussina, and now Pavano are hurt. Andy Pettite is a back injury waiting to happen. They better hope Phil Hughes is ready and doesn't struggle early, because they are in danger of finishing right where I picked them at the beginning of the year....4th place in the AL East. Good luck with Rasner pitching today.

Damn, that walk off HR Scutaro hit off Rivera was crazy.  Hard to believe he doesn't have a save yet.

Mussina and Pavano on the DL today, that sucks for the Yanks.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 13, 2007, 09:45:49 AM

That was one of the worst base running blunders I've seen in awhile.   Like a little league game or something.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

MBF

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 13, 2007, 09:50:48 AM

It was quite poor on Crawford's part, maybe next time he keeps his head up whilst running the bases.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#3 : April 13, 2007, 10:04:09 AM

yes and Navi needs to learn how to bunt

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 13, 2007, 10:26:45 AM

Completely inexcusable.  And considering this was one of the best players in baseball doing this.....I was speechless and angry.

We had that game right there for the taking and blew it.  Now we have to face the best pitcher in the world tonight.  Luckily Kazmir is pitching for us.  Hopefully, he can keep us in this one long enough to have a chance.  This team could easily be at least 6-3 right now, instead they are 3-6.  The talent is finally here, but where the Hell did their brains go?

#5 : April 13, 2007, 03:22:43 PM

Lame thread ICIT, too bad those fundamentals beat up ol' Andy Pettite.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 13, 2007, 07:20:55 PM

Cmon that base running was bad bro!!

#7 : April 13, 2007, 07:22:36 PM

It was, but we have an official Rays thread, and I feel it was pretty lame to make a thread just to bash the team, it was Carl's fault, he's tripled on that type of hit so much he said he figured Zo would score.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : April 13, 2007, 07:24:26 PM

Every team has blunders at some point during the season.  Even the almighty Yankees.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 13, 2007, 07:56:00 PM

It was, but we have an official Rays thread, and I feel it was pretty lame to make a thread just to bash the team, it was Carl's fault, he's tripled on that type of hit so much he said he figured Zo would score.
True

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 13, 2007, 08:57:06 PM

every now and then a blind squirrel will find a nut.  We'll spank you the rest of the year. You beat our 3rd guy, we spanked your Ace. Cellar Dwellars.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

#11 : April 13, 2007, 08:57:55 PM

Right. We shall see a week from Monday.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 13, 2007, 08:58:33 PM

Right. We shall see a week from Monday.
They can suspend me for it, because I really dont care, but youre an idiot.

#13 : April 13, 2007, 08:59:27 PM

Where does that even come from ICIT? Bad day at work or something?

#14 : April 13, 2007, 09:15:10 PM

No explanation? At least call me an idiot for saying something stupid, saying 'we'll see Monday' is hardly stupid consdering we're playing next Monday. But yes ICIT i'm not going to defend my team.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Rays teach fundamentals in spring training? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools