Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Info on Jovan Haye « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: October 25, 2006, 07:14:27 PM

He's a Vandy guy that is use to the system due to the fact that Vandy uses a cousin scheme of the Tampa 2 because of Monte Kiffin's relationship with one of their coaches... (I don't remember the details.)

The Haye has 4.7 speed, and is very strong (33 bench reps). Very intelligent, and a born leader, but has an inconsistent motor. He quits if he doesn't think he's going to make the play...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 25, 2006, 07:22:10 PM

Here's his draft profile:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/haye_jovan

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 25, 2006, 07:54:23 PM

What do they mean when they say he is a "moody player who struggles to handle diversity?"

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 25, 2006, 08:21:06 PM

What do they mean when they say he is a "moody player who struggles to handle diversity?"
I'd guess it means TO without the skills...

psymun

Starter
#4 : October 25, 2006, 09:38:52 PM

Exactly...

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 26, 2006, 01:03:05 AM

Who cares...plug him in there for a couple of plays Sunday and see what he can do. He certainly can not do any worse than Spires or even Rice. See if he can bring the heat, get a sack, or even a tackle! But,,, that's why I'm not the coach!

But really, instead of signing this guy, why not bring back Andrew Williams who is already aclimated to the system. We were high on him in the preseason. The thing that pisses me off about our team is that we have players that we don't try or give a chance. Williams, Derek Strait, Chad Lucas, Bryan Randall, etc... There are many players that we have had that has not had the chance and we do not know how good they can be. The way that our secondary has looked, when is Blue Adams going to get a chance to play defense at safety. Can't be any worse.

#6 : October 26, 2006, 09:05:37 AM

I think it means that he struggles continuing to be focused when he's in challenging situations.  For instance, Kenyetti was like this.  People would get in his head.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 26, 2006, 01:11:34 PM

with that speed, he'll be an asset on out kick coverage units, and might be able to be a difference maker as a pass rusher (maybe interior DL with his size, alongside wyms on 3rd and long) a few snaps a game.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 26, 2006, 01:51:05 PM

Kiffen might have a connection with the current staff at Vandy, but the real Vandy connection was with Dungy. Woody Widenhofer, the Vandy Coach when Jovan Haye was recruited, was the successor to Bud Carson at the Steelers, and Dungy coached (and might have played one year) under him. That's where Dungy learned his D. That's why the Bucs have had Commodore's Jaime Duncan, Jaime Winborn, Shelton Quarles, and Eric Vance since the Dungy-Kiffen era started. Notice also that Lovie Smith has another 'Dore, Hunter Hillenmyer, on his D.  Widenhofer left a while ago, but I think they still pretty much run the same style D.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Info on Jovan Haye « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools