Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Real Deal about Kelly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 26, 2006, 02:14:02 AM

LMAO!!

He got his degree at Google University.

vipmark

Starter
#31 : October 26, 2006, 02:26:24 AM

Are they in the Big East or the MAC?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 26, 2006, 02:36:12 AM

Are they in the Big East or the MAC?
Nah.  They are an SEC school.  Of course.

But you should see the athletes they got.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#33 : October 26, 2006, 02:36:22 AM

The Big Mac! ;D

#34 : October 26, 2006, 04:09:35 AM

The question that needs to be answered is what will we get for trading Kelly? Probably another draft pick. The Bucs are looking to rebuild the defense anyway. Kelly has played his last game as a Buc.

First, Kelly still has the contract issues. He still has two years and Allen absolutely won't redo his contract until there is only one year left. Thats Allen's policy and thats that. Kelly going on IR will only serve to reinforce that a career doesn't last forever. He will demand a trade and get it.

The Bucs for their part have been rumored to be unhappy that Kelly wouldn't try harder to play hurt. They could think that Kelly may not want to play hurt partially because his contract isn't what he would like. All the more reason to think that Kelly will be traded in the offseason, rather than go through a McCardell-style soap opera next training camp.

Another team would be very willing to deal for Kelly. He would demand a new deal, but most teams will have plenty of cap room and his deal could easily be redone.

So the question is what draft pick will we get for Kelly? That question of course won't be answered until the offseason. I will venture to say he is worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Do you think anyone involved iwth the BUcs would think Kelly wouldnt play and use an injury as an excuse because he wants a contract? I dont t'hink youve watched the Brian Kelly I have for the past 5 years

Brian Kelly has little to no trade value. He is vastly underated around the league. On top of that he is in his 30s and will be coming off a year in which he played 1 game and landed on IR. Weve all talked about how his injury is career threatening, so why would anyone trade a mid round pick for a 30 something CB who is considered as only an average starter to those who dont know any better, and is coming off IR with a career threatening injury?

Also, Brian Kelly was mad about his contract for the same reason as Ronde Barber. Because they signed their "big payday contracts" 1 and 2 years be4 CB started making double-digit signing bonuses. They arent mad at the BUcs aboutt heir contracts, they were mad about the timing that they signed them. I dont think Kelly is any more of a threat to hold out than Barber was.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#35 : October 26, 2006, 05:26:06 PM

The question that needs to be answered is what will we get for trading Kelly? Probably another draft pick. The Bucs are looking to rebuild the defense anyway. Kelly has played his last game as a Buc.

First, Kelly still has the contract issues. He still has two years and Allen absolutely won't redo his contract until there is only one year left. Thats Allen's policy and thats that. Kelly going on IR will only serve to reinforce that a career doesn't last forever. He will demand a trade and get it.

The Bucs for their part have been rumored to be unhappy that Kelly wouldn't try harder to play hurt. They could think that Kelly may not want to play hurt partially because his contract isn't what he would like. All the more reason to think that Kelly will be traded in the offseason, rather than go through a McCardell-style soap opera next training camp.

Another team would be very willing to deal for Kelly. He would demand a new deal, but most teams will have plenty of cap room and his deal could easily be redone.

So the question is what draft pick will we get for Kelly? That question of course won't be answered until the offseason. I will venture to say he is worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Are you trying to spark discussion or just trying to take Dan Sileo's job.  Last game as a Buc?  Wow.  If it is it won't be because the Bucs don't try to get him back.  Do you remember what happened to the team the last time BK was out for an extended period of time?  J. Bolden will lesson the effect this time, but is in no way the caliber of BK...

Couldn't have said it better. we better hope our safety help opver the top finds itself in position. We could rely on Kelly on an island in man to man-- we wont have that luxury with Bolden.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 26, 2006, 08:57:34 AM

Are you trying to spark discussion or just trying to take Dan Sileo's job.  Last game as a Buc?  Wow.  If it is it won't be because the Bucs don't try to get him back.  Do you remember what happened to the team the last time BK was out for an extended period of time?  J. Bolden will lesson the effect this time, but is in no way the caliber of BK...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 26, 2006, 06:38:22 PM

They will sign an extension with one year to go on a contract.  Kelly has two years.  Allen made a stand with McCardell and he won't be going back on the policy he has set under any circumstances.  Allen refused McCardell's demands for a trade, because he wanted to make a statement that he can't be pushed around and he expects players to live up to their end of a contract.

I think Allen will soften up on the trading part and deal Kelly in order to avoid another distraction to the team like the McCardell situation.

And what if the Bucs did play hardball with Kelly?  Well then Kelly would have no choice but to come in and play out his contract because he saw what happened to Keenan.  But do the Bucs really want Kelly on the team under those circumstances? 

If Kelly starts speaking to the press and saying "Trade me or I'm holding out" well that is a good way to be stuck on the Bucs because Allen won't want to be seen as giving in to demands. But if Kelly is smart he'll do his talking behind the scenes and something will get done.

Orangegone1

Starter

#38 : October 26, 2006, 12:31:56 PM

My view is that if he comes back healthy, they will keep him. If he does have surgery, teams will be leery and he may not make this team. Usually with turf toe you can immobilize it for a month or 2 and the inflammation will go down. If it is bad enough for surgery, it either has to be fused or the arthritis has to be trimmed. It would be very unpredictable if he does have surgery to whether he will ever have enough push off that he needs to play his position. I hope for the best because he has been so underrated and we are not the same defense without him.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 26, 2006, 06:30:28 PM

You guys act like the Bucs have never signed a player to an extension. Wich is bassicly what he asking for.

He will get his extension when he is in the final year of his contract AND proves he is healthy.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#40 : October 26, 2006, 05:22:22 PM

LMAO!!

He got his degree at Google University.

I am an ARNP

UF undergrad and USF Graduate program in Family Medicine although internship was in both Family and Emergency Medicine. Worked 5 years in Emergency Medicine (Always my first love, but the hours suck) so with 2 young boys active in sports and everything else they are into I am now in Family Practice with very good hours and still keep my feet wet Moonlighting in Emergency Medicine 2 shifts a month. Family med while it is alot of primary care really keeps you on your toes because you re the gateway to everything else and have to follow it the way insurances are structured. So I still get the best of both worlds.

And Google sucks for most med site. New england Journal of Medicines site as well as E Medicine. com probably have some of the best info. But I have slept in Holiday Inn Express from time to time.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : October 26, 2006, 10:55:22 PM

Yes its true Kelly is signed until 2008, which is why the Bucs won't renegotiate his contract which is why he will demand a trade which is why the Bucs will give him permission to negotiate with other teams which is what he will successfully do which is why the Bucs will get a draft pick for him.

OK let me put it another way. The only difference between McCardell and Kelly is McCardell. In other words, because of McCardell Kelly is Kelly and not McCardell. The Bucs had a McCardell and they don't want McCardell again. So for the Bucs Kelly will be Kelly, not McCardell.

Glad I could clear things up.
??? ??? ??? They signed Ronde why the hell wouldn't they  extend BK? that would be a huge mistake. He's one of the best shut down corners in football. He's underratec & under-appreciated (esp. pro bowl wise), And they have plenty of  money. He &  Ronde are a great tandem.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 26, 2006, 11:00:31 PM

They signed Ronde why the hell wouldn't they  extend BK? that would be a huge mistake. He's one of the best shut down corners in football. He's underratec & under-appreciated (esp. pro bowl wise), And they have plenty of  money. He &  Ronde are a great tandem.

If Kelly is healthy in the summer of 2008 they will talk about a new deal, not before IMO.

WILLBLEE

Starter

#43 : October 26, 2006, 11:35:10 PM

We obviously miss Kelly, and he would surely be a starter anywhere else.
I would hate to see Kelly dealt for a 3rd or 4th Rd pick.
Our hit and miss for 3rd-4th round draft picks under Gruden have been sorta shakey,
seeing Colmer-(phys.problem) then M.Cooper(3rd rd.) hit the street was a shocker. I'd prefer to keep Kelly
and let Allen work his miracles, than to draft some guy who "WOULD NOT" be an immediate replacement.

#44 : October 26, 2006, 11:47:21 PM

Yes its true Kelly is signed until 2008, which is why the Bucs won't renegotiate his contract which is why he will demand a trade which is why the Bucs will give him permission to negotiate with other teams which is what he will successfully do which is why the Bucs will get a draft pick for him.

OK let me put it another way. The only difference between McCardell and Kelly is McCardell. In other words, because of McCardell Kelly is Kelly and not McCardell. The Bucs had a McCardell and they don't want McCardell again. So for the Bucs Kelly will be Kelly, not McCardell.

Glad I could clear things up.

I think your posts on this thread are full of BS and your talking out your azz. The difference between McCardell and other NFL players is, other NFL players dont sign a contract and then hold out for a better contract less than 2 years later. Kelly was drafted by this team and has NEVER been anything but loyal and soft spoken. He's not some guy who asks for all the attention, he isnt an ego maniac. I trust that he is smart enough to acknowledge that his meager contract is not his fault or the fault of the BUcs but was simply due to bad timing.

Going off of the players history I will trust he is a man of his word and will honor the signature he put at the bottom of  his contract. Its not like it is his rookie contract and he is only getting paid a slotted amount of money that he feels he's outperformed ( Deion Branch).

Kelly will have little trade value as a 30 something CB coming off a major injury who has been underrated his entire career. So even if the Bucs want to trade him I doubt it happens
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Real Deal about Kelly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools