Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looking for help selecting a portable digital media player « previous next »
Page: 1

: April 14, 2007, 12:50:19 PM

I am going to invest in a small portable digital media player, such as the 80 GB iPod that plays movies as well as music.  I am going to be traveling overseas and the other project managers all swear by them to help pass the time and keep-up with your favorite TV shows that we can't catch while working.

I want a decent battery life, good screen, good warrantee, ability to move music, pictures, podcasts and movies on and off at will, subscribe to sites for downloads...

how about some stories please?

#1 : April 14, 2007, 03:22:55 PM

I am going to invest in a small portable digital media player, such as the 80 GB iPod that plays movies as well as music. I am going to be traveling overseas and the other project managers all swear by them to help pass the time and keep-up with your favorite TV shows that we can't catch while working.

I want a decent battery life, good screen, good warrantee, ability to move music, pictures, podcasts and movies on and off at will, subscribe to sites for downloads...

how about some stories please?

I like Ipods mainly because the accessories are readily available.  There are lots of good alternatives but you can't really go wrong with an Ipod.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 14, 2007, 03:28:41 PM

I don't have one.   But I travel constantly.   I normally see people with ipods on the flights.   The woman seated next to me tonight on my flight to perth had one with an 80 gig hard drive and swore by it.      I carry my computer everywhere I go, so I just use my computer to view movies and listen to music on flights.   I don't see a need for a ipod if you have your computer with you.    To tell the truth, I rarely use my laptop to view movies or listen to music anyway.   International flights have tons of entertainment on them.   My flight tonight had about 40 different on demand movies to choose from as well as about 100 music cd's, probably 50 tv shows, and games to play if you wanted.   Plus the international stewardesses are hotter than domestic.   You'll be spending alot of your time flirting with them.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 21, 2007, 09:51:51 AM

Plus the international stewardesses are hotter than domestic. You'll be spending alot of your time flirting with them.

LOL

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#4 : April 21, 2007, 12:05:18 PM

http://reviews.cnet.com/Toshiba_Gigabeat_MES30VW_30GB_white/4505-6499_7-31660763.html

I have the 30 GB, and damn I'm glad I bought that. Better price than the 30GB iPod and it has a better interface and larger screen as well. The colors on it for videos and pictures are incredible too.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 21, 2007, 10:58:14 PM

I have a sansa by sandisk. It plays video, pics, and MP3's the sound quality is great! and its $100 cheaper then an IPod.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looking for help selecting a portable digital media player « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools