Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 27, 2006, 01:56:31 AM

Brian Leonard!!!

Great kid.  Great football player.

Would LOVE to see him in a Bucs uniform.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#31 : October 27, 2006, 02:49:08 AM

FS Brandon Merriweather Miami's a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!

calehawkins

Second String

#32 : October 27, 2006, 06:28:08 AM

Anybody looked at Gaines Adams, the DE from Clemson? I think he would be an ideal replacement for Spires or Rice.

Although, an Eric Weddle or LaRon Landry would be needed to bolster up a faltering safety corps.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 27, 2006, 07:41:57 AM

I think the only way we go offensive with that first pick is if Gradkowski really struggles and the Bucs are forced to draft their QB of the future. Other than that, unless someone like Gin or someone else just jumps out at them as a must, I really think they will go D. Even if someone like Gin were there, we have much bigger needs on D.

I think if our D plays well and once our O-line is up to speed and we have a good running game and the QB play comes around, our receivers are going to look that much better. Yes, I'd love to have one more big time player out there, but I'd rather have a stud defensive player.

I agree - with the caveat it all depends on Free Agency moves.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#34 : October 27, 2006, 01:21:25 PM

FS Brandon Merriweather Miami's a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!
The FIU football team would agree with you.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#35 : October 27, 2006, 01:35:30 PM

Anybody looked at Gaines Adams, the DE from Clemson? I think he would be an ideal replacement for Spires or Rice.

Although, an Eric Weddle or LaRon Landry would be needed to bolster up a faltering safety corps.

i think gaines adams would fit better in a 3-4 defense, Quentin Moses would fit better imo

Eric Weddle would be great!!! i got to school with him, i even told him i want him on the Bucs :)   he laughed and said he would love to bring back the old defense and help them out!!!!  he is a playmaker from the word go, i hope we get him

and i hope we dont get merriweather, not after that incident with all the FIU players

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 27, 2006, 06:55:10 PM

Very Solid Defensive Class this year.  I did as list "as of now", but many of these guys are moving up draft boards with good performances this year, ie the S Wending and DT Tyler - who maybe moving up to late rd1 and guys like DT Marcus Thomas, who seems to already be slipping due to the mary jane, and many who get hot/cold at the combine.  So as of now I  tried to take a quick peek at some possible defensive guys who should be around when we pick [again, all too far away, anything can happen] in each round, based on if we end up somewhere between 5-10 overall.  I think we can really load up this D for years to come in this draft and fill major needs or needs not filled in FA.

Round 1  [again, based on pos. between 5-10]
Gaines Adams     DE     Clemson
Leon Hall    CB    Michigan
LaRon Landry    S    L.S.U.
Quentin Moses    DE    Georgia
Marcus McCauley CB    Fresno St.
Paul Posluszny    OLB    Penn St.
Quinn Pit**CENSORED**    DT    Ohio St.

round 2 [again based on 5-10]
Tim Crowder     DE     Texas
Dan Bazuin    DE    Central Michigan
DeMarcus Tyler    DT    North Carolina St.
John Wendling    S    Wyoming
Fred Bennett    CB    South Carolina

Round 2 [based on Indy ending between 28-32]
Tanard Jackson  CB     Syracuse
Tarell Brown    CB    Texas
Brandon Meriweather    S    Miami (FL)
Juwan Simpson    OLB    Alabama
Brandon Mebane    DT    California
Baraka Atkins    DE    Miami (FL)

Round 3
Anthony Spencer DE    Purdue
Tim Shaw    OLB    Penn St.
Travarous Bain    CB    Hampton
DeAndre Jackson CB    Iowa St.
C.J. Wilson    CB    Baylor
Kareem Brown    DE    Miami (FL)
Sabby Piscitelli S    Oregon St.

I'm not saying which guy is under/over rated, I'm just trying to show that with those names it looks good defensively in the draft.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 27, 2006, 07:51:11 PM

I know we are all worried about the defense, and I believe we should draft heavily in that area, but don't forget that our offense is also terrible and is built around a 34 year old WR. 

We are weak on both sides of the ball and will take the best player available on every pick.

Yes, but the offense is YOUNG, whiel the defense is OLD. I agree we need a big-play WR, though. A speedster.

Ted Ginn Jr anyone?.... he can return punts and provide the deep threat. Do any of yall know how his route running skills are?

Calvin Johnson could prove to be too tempting for Gruden.
Ted Ginn is the only offensive player I'd like to see in the 1st round. I think Johnson will be gone already. There's a surprising number of teams worse than the Bucs. So yeah, I agree with the defensive draft. It looks deep at defensive tackle, linebacker and safety.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#38 : October 28, 2006, 04:05:02 AM

i think gaines adams would fit better in a 3-4 defense, Quentin Moses would fit better imo

They're basically the same player, but Adams is better. I don't see how one would be a fit for one defense and the other wouldn't.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#39 : October 28, 2006, 07:21:21 PM

My projections:  Go to the "who won't be on the team next year" thread to see my projections for next years roster.  Anyway, I have:

1st round: LB Paul Posluszny, Penn State
2nd round: S Michael Griffin, Texas(I see him falling like Jimmy Williams, Marcus McNeill, and Winston Justice did this year in that hes projected to be a first but falls to 2nd)
2nd round: DT DeMarcus Tyler, NC State
2nd Round: DE Lawrence Jackson, USC(projected pick we get for trading Simeon Rice-Don't worry Im not living in Madden World were some people think we are going to trade away Kelly, Quarles, Alstott, and Bucco Bruce himself)

3rd Round: RB michael Hart, Michigan, (will shock the world, but we get a quality back-up.  He will be our Michael Turner.)
4th round: G Josh Beekman(back-up to Buenning, Joseph, and quality depth along with Terry)

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 28, 2006, 08:03:03 PM

Tyler's stock is rising.  He is already projected in the first round.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 29, 2006, 07:54:09 AM

Tyler's stock is rising.  He is already projected in the first round.

I told them that earlier, they just don't wanna listen LOL  .... same with Wending the Safety.  I think most only go by the "preseason" ranking's sheet which usually never get updated until after the season or as they prep for the combine.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 29, 2006, 07:57:24 AM

Not only is Tyler's stock is rising but Pit**CENSORED** and Gaines are the rising as well.  Defensive players tend to be ranked low before the start of the college season but by the end they start to rise.  By draft time a lot of defensive players will rise.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#43 : October 29, 2006, 09:49:52 AM

If there is a large amount of good defensive players in the 1st round, that should mean there will also be a good level of talent in round 2. That's why if we are picking very high like top 5-8, I'd like to see a dynamic impact skill position on offense, then defense with every other pick in the draft, and maybe a LT later.

BucFanMatt

Starter
#44 : October 29, 2006, 10:12:52 AM

Unless the Bucs completely tank the rest of the year, I don't think they'll get a shot at Calvin Johnson.  If he is there though, they've got to take him. Barring unforseeable circumstances, he will be a superstar.    The overall focus of this draft needs to be defense, but that doesn't mean the front office should pull a Texans on us.  I also like GT's FB, Mike Cox, if he is available with a low enough pick.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools