Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's another one « previous next »
Page: 1

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: October 26, 2006, 07:42:07 PM

#4 but I agree we won't be drafting a QB any earlier than the 6th or 7th round.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : October 26, 2006, 06:10:01 PM

I like 1, 4, and 5.

My favorite was 5. That is what I would be looking for.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 26, 2006, 06:39:34 PM

I liked #4 as well.  Too bad they forgot to point out his shoulders are made of peanut brittle.

psymun

Starter
#3 : October 26, 2006, 01:09:40 PM

QB #1
He has great intangibles and understands the game and knows how to move the offense. He has adequate arm strength, but knows how to get the ball to his receivers and he can look off to secondary receivers and can find the open man. He is very cool under pressure and has played well in big games. He is a good ball handler and he can make adjustments at the LOS. He is not a real gifted athlete and he does not have great velocity on his throws, but he seems to move around okay in the pocket and get the job done. He is not what NFL teams are looking for physically, but he is so efficient and smart that he may very well make an NFL team as a backup. If he continues to develop, he is a guy that teams would feel very comfortable about in a backup role. He may never develop into a starter, but there are a lot of things to like about this guy.

QB #2

Two-year starter. Very tall with a thin build. Needs to upgrade his overall strength. Pocket passer with average quickness. Can slide from pressure, but is not very elusive. Doesn't look to run. Holds the ball a bit low, but has a fairly quick release. Lacks a strong arm. Doesn't rifle the long outs, but he's an accurate passer with a good feel for touch. Sails some throws and hangs some deep balls. Leader. Eyeballs his primary target at times, but shows the ability to come off and find alternates. Generally makes good decisions.

QB #3

Nice-sized QB best as a short or intermediate range passer. Technically sound setting up to throw, poised in the pocket and patient. Hits receivers in stride on the crossing routes, smartly places the sideline throws and also goes to the safe underneath target if nothing is available. Above average arm and intermediate throws display zip. Tough, buys time for receivers and sits in the pocket as long as possible to get the throw off. Displays skill throwing on the run and at the same time fakes defenders out with play action or run action. Slow dropping into the pocket, has difficulty eluding the rush and not a threat making plays with his legs. Zeros in on primary targets and does not always see the field or find the safety. Prone to throwing into coverage. Can not drive the ball downfield and deep accuracy is woeful.

QB # 4

An intelligent four-year starter. Very productive. Natural leader with good size. Holds the ball high and has a fairly quick over-the-top release. Stands in under pressure and keeps his poise. Not an elusive runner but he throws well on the move. Doesn't have a big gun but he's an accurate passer with good touch and timing. Very good at scanning the field and finding alternate targets. Hits his receivers in stride. Does a good job of dropping the ball in over defenders. Not a strong deep passer -- lacks some velocity on long throws.

QB #5

He is a great runner, but combines a very efficient passing game along with it. He has a good arm, and the ability to make all the throws on the field. He takes what the defense gives him, and has the ability to put the ball on target down the field to his receivers as well. He shows the willingness to throw the ball from the pocket, and the ability to throw on the move if flushed out. If things break down, he is also a great athlete, with the ability to scramble and make plays.
Size is a question mark however. His listed size is merely average, and he appears to be a bit smaller than that. It may effect his ability to throw from the pocket on a consistent basis and see the entire field. He could also use more experience as a passer. He knows how to pass the ball and not make mistakes, but could just gain more experience throwing from the pocket.

I was just wondering, which one of these QBs would you want as your franchise QB? And please, don't look up the scouting reports to find out which QB is which...

#4 : October 26, 2006, 01:38:55 PM

I think I like #5.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 26, 2006, 01:39:10 PM

Off those scouting reports I would probably say number 5 is the best fit for a WCO............I bet number 5 is Simms.   :o

BTW - I think this site has a decent scouting report on Grads:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/DSBruceGradkowski.PDF

psymun

Starter
#6 : October 26, 2006, 02:04:06 PM

Well since it seems like those are the only responses i'll be gettin...

#1 - Brian Griese

#2 - Tom Brady

#3 - Chris Simms

#4 - Chad Pennington

#5 - Troy Smith - Ohio State

My point is... I've watched a lot of the Ohio State games, and I feel that he would be an excellent QB. I think he's the best (for our team) in the draft. We could likely snag him late in the second, early 3rd...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 26, 2006, 02:07:57 PM

My point is... I've watched a lot of the Ohio State games, and I feel that he would be an excellent QB. I think he's the best (for our team) in the draft. We could likely snag him late in the second, early 3rd...

We will not be drafting another rookie QB, Gruden doesn't have that sort of time.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#8 : October 26, 2006, 02:36:15 PM

I like Number 4 to be honest.  Kind of odd that it turned out to be a guy I really don't like.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : October 26, 2006, 11:34:33 PM

I think it shows scouting is not all it's cracked up to be--Chris Simms can't drive down field & deep accuracy is woeful? That's crap!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 26, 2006, 11:48:20 PM

1, 4 and 5 are the best prospects from that scout report alone with 4 edging out 1 and 5.

Putting the names with the reports, Griese sounds like a better prospect than Brady [banghead] but Griese does have his moments. Its his penchant for having a brain fart in the 4th and giving away 6 points to the defense that makes him a bad QB. Without that, he would have been very successful in the league. Pennington sounds like Pennington and I have always liked him pre-surgery with the Jets. Troy Smith may end up succeeding in the league but it wont be for the Bucs unless he drops to 2nd day, which is very unlikely. Gruden may not have time to groom a young QB again after the Simms project went south and if Gradkowki doesn't establishes himself as the man.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 27, 2006, 12:12:50 AM

Gruden needs a complete offense.  Most of the pieces are in place except QB.  He needs to turn someone into the next Gannon.  He's got some time, but not much.    He's got to develop a current QB, so as much as I doubt Simms will return, Gru might try to resign him.  Depends on what he sees in Grads and McCown.  (I doubt Simms will return though, I think he'd bail without big $$).  More likely, if Gru doesn't see enough in those 2 to feel he can do it in a couple of years, look for a big FA signing...
Gru's proven he can take a medium-good/good team and go all the way with it.  He still hasn't proven he can build a good team.  He gets a pass on the first 2 years after the SB because of what was mortgaged to get the team in that position before he got here, and the attempt the next 2 year to get the help to repeat before the window closed.  But that second year after was his first real plug at starting rebuilding so he holds some of the responsibitlity/credit for that, whichever way it turns out.
It's what happened last year and this and what happens next that he should be judged on building-wise (and looking at Glazer history that's what they'll do).  He'll get the year after next unless we are worse next year.

psymun

Starter
#12 : October 27, 2006, 08:13:04 AM

Umm... He built the Raiders...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's another one « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools