Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All Rational Thought Aside « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: April 18, 2007, 10:31:13 PM

The Pistons are going down!!!

#1 : April 18, 2007, 10:36:41 PM

Sounds good to me.

matt

Starter

#2 : April 18, 2007, 11:03:31 PM

Pistons in 5.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 18, 2007, 11:22:50 PM

Basketball has sucked major spaldings since MJ retired the second time and Shaq left the Magic. I do like the parque floors still. Maybe if Tampa had a BBall team I would go to a game...Probably not though. Not until the jump shot becomes a work of art again and the game includes some DEFENSE other than "Hack-a-Shaq".

The best thing the NBA has done is make kids go to college ball for atleast one year. Although they should've had some cojones and made them go atleast 3 years, or be three years removed from high school.

IMO NBA Baseketball is the reason the African American population in the MLB is so low. The kids know they can get paid at 19 to run 50 yards and jam the ball over and over, whoa so much skill. In baseball it's too hard for them to hit a changeup, so you can forget about 'em wanting to work up through the minors, then playing 162 games.

Sorry guys BBall sucks.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

matt

Starter

#4 : April 18, 2007, 11:25:58 PM

Normally, I'd tell someone that isn't interested in a topic to not post on a thread, but I couldn't possibly say that to someone with such an ADORABLE avatar!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 19, 2007, 12:19:33 AM

Basketball has sucked major spaldings since MJ retired the second time and Shaq left the Magic. I do like the parque floors still. Maybe if Tampa had a BBall team I would go to a game...Probably not though. Not until the jump shot becomes a work of art again and the game includes some DEFENSE other than "Hack-a-Shaq".

The best thing the NBA has done is make kids go to college ball for atleast one year. Although they should've had some cojones and made them go atleast 3 years, or be three years removed from high school.

IMO NBA Baseketball is the reason the African American population in the MLB is so low. The kids know they can get paid at 19 to run 50 yards and jam the ball over and over, whoa so much skill. In baseball it's too hard for them to hit a changeup, so you can forget about 'em wanting to work up through the minors, then playing 162 games.

Sorry guys BBall sucks.

Mr. BucJam07, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 19, 2007, 02:13:56 AM

Mr. Bucjam... says the guy who watches HOCKEY. Are the playoffs even on TV? Basketball in your mind may suck but more people would watch a Grizzlies Pacers game then a hockey playoff game.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 19, 2007, 02:18:49 AM

all I can say is the Warriors will give the Mavs a run for there money.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#8 : April 19, 2007, 10:52:31 AM

Normally I would agree about the NBA not being what it used to be but last years playoffs were the best overall in years maybe decades.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 19, 2007, 11:01:36 AM

Mr. Bucjam... says the guy who watches HOCKEY. Are the playoffs even on TV? Basketball in your mind may suck but more people would watch a Grizzlies Pacers game then a hockey playoff game.
Basketball as a game doesn't suck, but the NBA does.

The NHL is not what it used to be, but the product is still much better than that of the NBA.

If people would rather watch an NBA game over an NHL game, then that is their loss.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 19, 2007, 11:29:53 AM

Sorry guys BBall sucks.

Mr. BucJam07, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

First off I agree with an above poster, the game of baseketball doesn't suck, the NBA does. Secondly, what I said about the players having to be three years out of high school is an opinion shared by many. Finally about the MLB/NBA thing, it's an opinion I've heard on Baseball Tonight, Jim Rome Show, and also other sports radio shows. I share the same opinion, so I posted it. So Mr. Leeroy you are against more lunies than just me buddy.   

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

MBF

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 19, 2007, 12:32:04 PM

NBA>NHL

End of story. And even as a Hawk fan I will be pulling for Orlando.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 19, 2007, 01:12:51 PM

The NHL is not what it used to be, but the product is still much better than that of the NBA.

If people would rather watch an NBA game over an NHL game, then that is their loss.

people have had the choice time and time again they choose basketball over hockey. Thats why hockey is on versus and the nba is on espn and abc.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 19, 2007, 01:52:05 PM

Thats why hockey is on versus and the nba is on espn and abc.
REALLY???  ::)

So bull riding, bowling, figure skating, x games, spelling bees, women's bball, world's strongest man......... did I mention WOMEN'S basketball?? These are all better than NHL hockey............... RIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I grew up with basketball as my fave sport to watch and play. I didn't get into hockey until the Lightning came around. The NBA is not near the product it once was, and is nowhere near as exciting to watch as NHL hockey. I was once an NBA fanboy, but it has become damn near impossible to defend a league that has declined so much in such a short period of time.

You don't watch hockey. If you did, then you would know that the NHL>NBA.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#14 : April 19, 2007, 02:12:59 PM

^^The Bug speaks the truth. I, too, was an NBA junky at one time. However, I can't remember the last time I watched a game. Basketball, on the other hand is a fun game to play and I thoroughly enjoy college hoops. NBA? You guys enjoy it. I'll sip on a cold one and watch something else.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All Rational Thought Aside « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools