Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long ball is coming....... « previous next »
Page: 1

Sactobuc

Starter

: October 27, 2006, 02:24:44 PM

Since film has showed that Bruce has problems placing the long ball in the right spot, it may leave teams thinking that we wont try it, and they'll get burned.  I hope to see at least a 40yd (in the air) pass sailing to Joey as he outruns everybody for the TD.  I hope this to be the case, because once we can get that part of Bruce's game going, teams are gonna have a hard time covering all of our weapons.

Clayton is back, he's coming back for balls that are short, he's sacrificing his body again, and he's laying wood on LB's after the catch.

Alex Smith is a beast, that will not run away from contact, and he's got some wheels, just needs to stay on his feet when he cuts.

Ike, possession, possession, possession.  This guy finds the 1st down and sits on it, rarely having a ball knocked out of his control.  If he turns the corner, he may take some Giants on a long run.

Pittman in the flats, is not what the G-Men want to see, pardon me for a second, ( if we can pump fake that flat pass to Alstott lined up as a TE and shoot the wheel route to Pittman, all eyes would focus on A-Train because it's our staple play from a few years ago, and pittman should score).

Caddy up the middle makes all of this possible.  He will cut and slash through holes, causing the LB's to play closer to the line and BAM, we strike downfield. With our new OL, I think the Caddy should be ran more, but if he can get a quick flat pattern from Bruce, and a LB one-on-one, you better not blink.

Bruce will have to use his legs this week, but not really to run all the time, but just enough to escape pressure.  This has got to be one of the skills that I like about our new QB, that he will create space and still have his eyes downfield to complete the pass, I'm excited

In closing, whether it's the long ball or short ball I really hope that Bruce can shore up those passes that seem to fall at the receivers feet.  That can be a drive killing play.  So here's to the Brass that has been working with Bruce this week, and hopefully they have his timing with Joey down so we can get that long ball strike back.....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 27, 2006, 02:29:21 PM

I won't be surprised to see us open it up a bit.  NYG Pass D scares nobody.  We also obviously need to score more points with the way the D is playing.  We also need to loosen the reins on Grads, or he may never come out of his shell -- he needs a dose of success and this is as good a time to get it as any.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 27, 2006, 02:31:45 PM

What's the weather supposed to be like up there?  That will play a big factor in our gameplan.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 27, 2006, 02:32:15 PM

.....but these are my thoughts..........

I agree with your thoughts.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 27, 2006, 02:41:47 PM

What's the weather supposed to be like up there? That will play a big factor in our gameplan.

Mid 50's, breezy, and sunshine.

Sactobuc

Starter

#5 : October 27, 2006, 02:49:29 PM

Should be anybody's game then.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 28, 2006, 02:25:34 AM

Long ball?

gruber

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 28, 2006, 06:55:13 AM

What's the weather supposed to be like up there? That will play a big factor in our gameplan.

It looks like 55 and heavy winds. Maybe one of Bruces errant deep balls will get blown of course into our recievers hands.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 28, 2006, 11:36:50 AM

It looks like 55 and heavy winds. Maybe one of Bruces errant deep balls will get blown of course into our recievers hands.
Yah, I laughed when someone said breezy. Isn't this storm this weekend supposed to be like 1991 when we got hit with the "Perfect Storm?"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 28, 2006, 11:39:56 AM

Maybe the winds will float some of those ducks back to their intended receivers.

In all seriousness, with the expected conditions I hope we run the ball, run the ball, and run the ball some more.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 28, 2006, 11:45:32 AM

Grads is from Pittsburgh and went to college in Toledo, so he should be OK in the cold.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : October 29, 2006, 09:51:44 AM

Grads is from Pittsburgh and went to college in Toledo, so he should be OK in the cold.
What does winds just under tropical storm speed have to do with Toledo, and Pittsburgh?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 29, 2006, 10:04:00 AM

The legendary swirling winds of the Meadowlands is not something to scoff at.  Eli who relies on the deep ball may be limited in this contest as well.  It does not mean you can not throw the ball but an intended fifteen yard pass may end up traveling an additional fifteen more yards or at most five yards.  Kicking is a lot worse consdiering that the trajecotry of the ball is much higher and this is where that crazy wind can really play the role of havoc.

Sactobuc

Starter

#13 : October 30, 2006, 06:30:25 PM

.............nevermind.

Until everyone's on the same page, and the receivers can consistently make catches to help their young QB, it'll be a while.  I am hopeful that Grudens desire to stick with the pass during the Giants game was one of the best ways to train a young QB about weather conditions.  Where else can you simulate that, plus if the completions are there it's whole different story?

If this were the case, then kudos, this season ain't producin' a plyoff appearance by the Bucs anyways.

Run Caddy?  Why wear him down and risk injury in a losing season that you're using to "train" a very, very young NFL QB.  I saw Graham playing, and our young OL is getting better and better.  The youth movement in BucLand is here.....

The "D" looked o.k. considering they were on the field a while and they held Tiki in check.  I won't bother grading their performance too much, except I still believe that if they cannot "Wrap-Up", "Tackle", "Hug", "Show some love" or do something to get their hands on and hold on to an offensive player in the open field, they should be made to compete for their job in practice.   (That's it for the "D")

Special Teams:  Too much wind for a bad grade, but they did their job scoring the only points of the game and getting punts off without a block with poor field position.

Next week another episode of "The Young and The Buccaneers"...........

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long ball is coming....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools