Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The African diamond situation....... « previous next »
Page: 1

Buckaroo55

Second String

: April 23, 2007, 04:05:17 PM

I watched "Blood Diamonds" the other night and even though it was a good movie, it was still very disturbing because it was based on true stories of what was going on with the rebels and the diamond trade in Africa. So to me even though things were really bad at one point for African Americans in the United States and today there are still a few issues here & there; it is still ten times BETTER than what was going on over there with no laws basically and anything goes. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 23, 2007, 04:20:47 PM

I watched "Blood Diamonds" the other night and even though it was a good movie, it was still very disturbing because it was based on true stories of what was going on with the rebels and the diamond trade in Africa. So to me even though things were really bad at one point for African Americans in the United States and today there are still a few issues here & there; it is still ten times BETTER than what was going on over there with no laws basically and anything goes.

Not really sure what you are trying to imply there.    ??? Obviously the hideous trade in slaves from the African continent relocated millions of people.  Over time the descendants of the poor unfortunate souls that were kidnapped have made good in their enforced homeland.  That doesn’t right the past or lessen the injustices in Africa or at home today.

BTW - great movie.

#2 : April 23, 2007, 04:58:04 PM

Yea it was a great movie, but Im not sure why these 2 scenarios need to be compared when all it will turn into is a race war.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#3 : April 23, 2007, 05:54:07 PM

Not trying to start any type of race war at all. And no matter if this was Africa, Japan, or Ireland; with this stuff going on it is still ten times better to be here than having your entire village or neighborhood gunned down by rebels and nobody cares who did it.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The African diamond situation....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools