Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blades of Glory « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« #15 : April 25, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »

Agreed, every one of his movies is basically the same thing.

So says the guy with Will Ferrel in his sig ; )

Talledaga Nights sucked. If I was 7 I might have laughed.

Ferrel is kind of overrated. I'm a huge Adam Sandler fan and it seems Ferrell has taken over as THAT guy from SNL thats making movies now that everybody loves. I just dont see it

Anchorman was good. Talladega Nights was meh. Old School wasn't that funny either. Elf was great. Stranger Than Fiction was good I thought

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : April 25, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »

Anchorman was very good.  Talladega was excellent. Old School was fantastic.   Elf sucked.   Stranger than Fiction was ok.

I prefer Sandler to Ferrel, but they are both great.   

By the way, if you look at my initial post, it says "I wasn't greatly impressed".   That does not translate to "great".   

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #17 : April 25, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »

Ferrel is kind of overrated. I'm a huge Adam Sandler fan and it seems Ferrell has taken over as THAT guy from SNL thats making movies now that everybody loves. I just dont see it

Anchorman was good. Talladega Nights was meh. Old School wasn't that funny either. Elf was great. Stranger Than Fiction was good I thought

Old School was great, but I think Vaughn and Wilson were funnier/better than Ferrell.  I think Vaughn is much better than Ferrell in general.  Vaughn = underrated Ferrell = Overrated.

I also am a BIG Sandler fan. Did anyone see his new more "serious" movie yet?  If so, Was it good?  Haven't heard a lot about it.

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #18 : April 25, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »

LOL,you thought Stranger than Fiction was better than Old School?...........

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 26, 2007, 10:40:38 AM »

Night at the Roxbury is my favorite Farrell movie.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
« #20 : April 26, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »

Anchorman will be a classic some day. For the most part I think Ferrell's funniest work was on SNL.  Some of his films may be overrated but I believe he was one of SNL's best comics.

« #21 : April 26, 2007, 06:44:07 PM »

Night at the Roxbury was great

Old School was not as funny as people want to tihnk it was. The cast was great. The premise was genius. The jokes didnt make me laugh. SOrry but Will Ferrell screaming everything he says doesnt suddenly make his jokes funnier.

Stranger Than Fiction was pretty good, I dont think it was a masterpiece or anything. I dont think it was as good as Punch Drunk Love which is comparable to a role Sandler did.

Honestly Im interested in seeing Blades of Glory. Java's post lost all credibility when he put down Borat and 300.

Elf was maybe one of the top 2-3 movies Ferrell has made.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #22 : April 26, 2007, 07:06:07 PM »

Punch Drunk Love?   That movie sucked the big one.

Stranger than Fiction was FAR better than that.   

« #23 : April 26, 2007, 07:08:30 PM »

Ferrell on SNL > Ferrell in most movies.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 26, 2007, 07:09:37 PM »

Ferrell on SNL > Ferrell in most movies.

Can you name anyone who was better in movies than they were on SNL?   Maybe Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler.   But the rest were better on SNL by far.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #25 : April 26, 2007, 11:12:49 PM »

Punch Drunk Love? That movie sucked the big one.

Stranger than Fiction was FAR better than that.

No, I am talking the new one with Don Cheadle.  I think its called Reign on Me?

« #26 : April 26, 2007, 11:33:33 PM »

Java you didnt like 300 or Borat very much it appears, so it's obvious we have different tastes.

Don't get me wrong, I love stupid humor. My dad and sister used to always  make fun of me because I watched Police Academy and the Ernest movies all the time when I was younger. I just dont like most Ferrell movies as much a smost people. I think Will Ferrell is really funny, especially when he was on SNL, but most of his movies are just okay to me and not the classics that people make them out to be

Chevy Chase, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Chris Rock ,Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, John Belushi, Dan Aykrod, Bill Murray, trhere's been quite a few SNL cast members who have had a lot of success in movies.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #27 : April 26, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

I have to represent Blades of Glory, the movie was hilarious. It all depends on your sense of humor I guess. John Heder and Will Ferrel are hilarious.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 27, 2007, 01:38:21 AM »

Ferrel might be a little overrated but in my opinion his best movie was Old School

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #29 : April 27, 2007, 09:25:03 AM »

Old School probably was his best movie, and at least 2 of the other cast members were better in it than he was.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blades of Glory « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools