Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are there people who still think we need a LT in the draft?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 29, 2006, 09:58:40 AM

I keep seeing this floated around, but Davis is playing great, he's got good size, is young and a leader.

He hasn't given up a sack this year and has just 1 penalty on an inconsistant line
http://stats.globesports.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6749&team=27

We have so many holes - DE/DT/S/C (LB/CB/WR too an extent) which would make LT a stupid move.
I guess you're happy with the current depth we have a tackle? I sure as hell want to draft a LT this spring. If we get lucky and he turns out better than Davis, how could you be upset with that scenario?

Not happy with the depth but you do not need to burn a day one pick on one.  Personally I rather see the Bucs burn a day one pick on a center that has a very good chance at starting over a player that may have a chance at starting at OT but most likely will end up as depth. 

His original post didn't specify where the Tackle was to be drafted. He just asked why anyone would want to draft one!!!!!!!

People wanting the Bucs to draft a LT to start over AD implies it would most likely be a day one player on draft day.  It is highly unlikely that a fourth round/fifth round pick at LT would start over AD.  Then again AD is starting at LT and he was undrafted but AD is the exception to that rule for the most part.  The majority of the starting left tackles in the league were taking day one of the draft.

So you realized as you were typing you were putting your foot in your mouth? Good for you. I guess adding the tidbit of exception to the rule makes what you said OK? That would be why I said "if we get lucky and he turns out better than Davis....."

Coops started this thread with the intention of pointing out that Davis does not need to be replaced in his opinion and is doing fine as a starter.  That is why he implies  when he says the Bucs should not draft a LT. Excuse me if he was not specific about what he was trying to convey.

And from the responses in this thread people are talking about moving AD to play other spots on the o-line so they are implying that Davis needs to replaced and the Bucs need to draft a starting caliber LT.  Which means that is entails burning a day one draft pick.

Simply put my TiVo tells me your foot has been entrenched deep in your mouth for a long time.  Your response just guarantees it.   ;D
You're still not harping on this idea are you? Are you going to tell us again how you saw Anthony Davis play Guard in college with your own 2 eyes? Your Tivo? LOL

Actually he did play guard in limited time.  Do not take my word for it ask the resident expert on Virginia Tech football (Cerious Buc).  ;)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#31 : October 29, 2006, 10:01:23 AM

Here we go again.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 29, 2006, 10:05:34 AM

Here we go again.

Your welcome.  :D
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are there people who still think we need a LT in the draft?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools