Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayweather ~vs~ De La Hoya! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 30, 2007, 06:49:42 PM

De La Hoya lost to sugar shane mosley, twice. Mayweather is clearly a better boxer than Mosely. Mayweather will punish Hoya

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#16 : April 30, 2007, 07:23:28 PM

One thing I really do respect about Oscar though, is that he comes to a fight ready to bang heads and go toe to toe all night and not just dance around for an easy paycheck(never seen him do that).

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 30, 2007, 07:59:11 PM

Mosely has much better punching power than Jr has.

And Mayweather was getting popped pretty good by Zab Judah, who doesn't have the power ODH does. When Oscar hits him, it'll be harder than anyone ever has. Oscar's also being trained by Freddie Roach, same guy who has trained Tyson, James Toney and Manny Pacquiao (sp). Roach knows what he's doing.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 30, 2007, 08:05:18 PM

And Mayweather was getting popped pretty good by Zab Judah, who doesn't have the power ODH does. When Oscar hits him, it'll be harder than anyone ever has. Oscar's also being trained by Freddie Roach, same guy who has trained Tyson, James Toney and Manny Pacquiao (sp). Roach knows what he's doing.

When is the question. Mayweather always moves his head everytime he boxes. Im sure its normal for any other boxer but he is consistent. Floyd will avoid those big hites.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#19 : April 30, 2007, 08:33:28 PM

De La Hoya in the 5th. Mayweather ducks right into a left hook.....bing bang bong! 1 2 3 4 5 ..... you're out!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 30, 2007, 09:03:48 PM

De La Hoya in the 5th. Mayweather ducks right into a left hook.....bing bang bong! 1 2 3 4 5 ..... you're out!
More like the opposite, the old fart won't last 12 rounds.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#21 : April 30, 2007, 09:54:42 PM

De La Hoya - TKO in the 8th round by way of a rib fracture or bad cut.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#22 : May 01, 2007, 12:42:02 PM

since its on cinco de mayo, I wonder  if mayweather is going to be knocked out by a phantom punch

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 01, 2007, 01:07:32 PM

When is the question. Mayweather always moves his head everytime he boxes. Im sure its normal for any other boxer but he is consistent. Floyd will avoid those big hites.

He's got to come inside sometime, he can't score by dancing around and avoiding punches. It's there that ODH will find the range, because he's not going to chase him around the ring. That was the kind of strategy that doomed Marvin Hagler when he fought Sugar Ray, and ODH's camp knows that.

And the way JR's shooting off his mouth, he has to try to take it to ODH, or his trash rings hollow..

TEAMCALI

Starter

#24 : May 02, 2007, 02:02:52 PM

bump.. this fight is on sat. night... I  can't beleave how much crap Mayweather is talking..   well I can.. but geez  a lil bit to full of himself.........   bump for DE LA  HOYA>

#25 : May 03, 2007, 02:07:08 AM

The fact that this fight is being pumped as the match that will save boxing just shows the state of boxing these days. A De La Hoya fight at this stage in his career wouldn't even be front page news back in boxing's hey day. Mayweather may be the best pound for pound in the world, but thats not saying much. And Im not even willing to give him that much credit until he fights Calzaghe (sp?) or atleast the Winkster

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#26 : May 02, 2007, 10:38:37 PM

how much is this fight on Pay Per View ( Brighthouse)????

#27 : May 02, 2007, 10:41:08 PM

One thing I really do respect about Oscar though, is that he comes to a fight ready to bang heads and go toe to toe all night and not just dance around for an easy paycheck

and that is precisely why he will get beat up, lumped up, swollen up, and cut up.

since its on cinco de mayo, I wonder if mayweather is going to be knocked out by a phantom punch

Hmmm, hadn't thought about that.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#28 : May 03, 2007, 10:49:35 AM

how much is this fight on Pay Per View ( Brighthouse)????
    $54.00  I beleave...   

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 03, 2007, 05:31:06 PM

Damn, can't even look to the SI jinx for a clue on this one..

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayweather ~vs~ De La Hoya! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools