Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I love Brooks BUT...... « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 29, 2006, 03:11:42 PM

he has really seemed to lose a step or two this year.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 29, 2006, 03:13:51 PM

a step or 2 is putting it nicely.  hes slow as hell now.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 29, 2006, 03:14:46 PM

or 10. Overall the defense is playing really good. The offense has been putrid. I don't think they've put up 100yrds of offense. Really poor play with the drops and 2 fumbles.

The Bucs won't come back in this one. They've thrown away too many chances.  

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 29, 2006, 03:19:43 PM

Bruce is going to bring us back and make it close.  Wethr or not we'll win is yet to be seen, but Bruce isnt done just yet

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 29, 2006, 03:54:50 PM

ICIT, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream!

replica

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 29, 2006, 04:16:46 PM

Brooks did not have any big plays today but we all know he is still capable. Seems Rice was getting some good pressures, just like the Eagles game, but not enough sacks. Overall I would say our linebackers are not getting it done.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 29, 2006, 04:37:29 PM

Brooks did not have any big plays today but we all know he is still capable. Seems Rice was getting some good pressures, just like the Eagles game, but not enough sacks. Overall I would say our linebackers are not getting it done.

Brooks looked and played like an old man today. He took bad angles to the football and he wasn't flying to the point of attack like he used to in his heyday.

Playing in a defensive system predicated on speed and positioning, Derrick Brooks no longer has the physical tools to be counted on reliably play after play. He can show flashes still, but he's not the player he used to be.

More proof the Bucs need to make defensive selections this coming year.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 29, 2006, 04:39:04 PM

I love Brooks (see my screen name) but he has done squat this year.  Is he secretly hurt? 

#8 : October 29, 2006, 04:40:16 PM

I hope he retires this year, because he's embarrassed himself this year.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 29, 2006, 07:18:34 PM

actually, i've seen very little this year to show he is still capable.  he is in denial about his skills.  i no longer expect him to roam sideline to sideline anymore making splash plays, but i expect him to take good angles to the ball and make routine tackles.  he doesn't do that anymore. in fact he looks like he is runnning with cement shoes on.  our LB corps is in desperate need of an overhaul.  whether through FA or the draft, we need to acquire Brooks' replacement this offseason and that player should be sharing snaps with Brooks next year.  i've heard repeatedly on this board how much the team likes Winborn, we need to get that guy in there imediately, at least a 70/30 split with the snaps. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 29, 2006, 07:24:13 PM

actually, i've seen very little this year to show he is still capable.  he is in denial about his skills.  i no longer expect him to roam sideline to sideline anymore making splash plays, but i expect him to take good angles to the ball and make routine tackles.  he doesn't do that anymore. in fact he looks like he is runnning with cement shoes on.  our LB corps is in desperate need of an overhaul.  whether through FA or the draft, we need to acquire Brooks' replacement this offseason and that player should be sharing snaps with Brooks next year.  i've heard repeatedly on this board how much the team likes Winborn, we need to get that guy in there imediately, at least a 70/30 split with the snaps.

right on target, he is slower and needs the pass the torch like hardy did with him

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : October 29, 2006, 07:26:01 PM

Bruce is going to bring us back and make it close. Wethr or not we'll win is yet to be seen, but Bruce isnt done just yet
Yeah, bruce, way to bring us back.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I love Brooks BUT...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools