Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SOS for the offense!! « previous next »
Page: 1

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

: December 10, 2006, 06:03:01 PM

Thoughts on Jeff Garcia? He is a FA and he’s looking solid in Philly. Man, how desperate are we that we would discuss the possibility of Plummer or Garcia? We are in dire straits at the QB spot.  All the draft picks and 25+ mill in cap room doesn’t mean anything w/o a competent QB.  Simms is as good as gone. Accept that fellas.   I know some of you desperately want to believe that Simms will give us some sort of home town discount, but he’ll get a better offer on the open market. He’s a 5-7 step drop/air it out type QB anyway and therefore he never was a good fit for the West Coast Offense.   We already low balled him recently and he understandably told Allen to blow it out his a**.  If Griese can get paid coming off of a serious knee injury someone will throw some cash at Simms. Mark that down.   Bruce is what he is, a VERY poor man’s Flutie.  He has guts and is mobile and maybe with some more experience he could win a couple games if there is an injury to your starter, but he isn’t someone you want playing for a prolonged period of time.   Aside from the first NO game he has sucked rocks.  I know he’s a rookie but at some point you’d like to see something to give you hope.  I see a guy who can’t complete a pass longer then 8 yards to save his life. I see a guy who runs or checks down at the slightest hint of a pass rush.   In recent weeks he is playing scared too.  It’s easy to build an impressive collegiate completion percentage when you dump it off to your backs and TEs most of the time for 3-6 yard gains.  BTW, he doesn’t make it any easier on himself when he is constantly checking off and calling more shifts and audibles at the line than Peyton Manning. My goodness!!! Just run the play that’s called by your coach rookie!

I know 3-13 and 5-11 aren’t much different, but I’d like to at least be competitive offensively.  I’d like to see some hope for the future, a light at the end of the tunnel.  Instead, I see an offense that realistically may not score another TD this year.  All the money, draft picks and time Gruden has invested in the offense in the past 5 years and would any of you say we are getting better? Cripes, look at our offensive rankings in the past several years.   Look at 1st rd skill position players.  Are Clayton and Caddy improving or regressing?  What happens if Galloway starts losing his quicks next year?  The o-line was a major priority prior to Gruden’s arrival, 5 years later is it any better? I’ve already lamented about our QB prospects.  Defensively, I think with a good draft and a key defensive FA or two and we can rebound on that side of the ball.  But offensively it looks bleak.  Am I wrong???? Give me some Kool-Aid to drink.

panchovilla

Rookie

#1 : December 10, 2006, 07:04:50 PM

It's funny how the only topic with no replies is the topic that makes the most sense. Props to seeing things clearly.

One note, Grads looks like he audibles but he's actually moving folks around to get the coverage of the defense. I doubt he's calling all that many audibles unless it's to run the ball constantly, which I'm sure he's doing.

Look at Leinart and Young, if you are going to start a rookie then start a rookie that has the ability. No offense to Grads but the guy just doesn't have the tools to be a franchise QB and it's really showing.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 10, 2006, 07:41:56 PM

Look at Leinart and Young, if you are going to start a rookie then start a rookie that has the ability. No offense to Grads but the guy just doesn't have the tools to be a franchise QB and it's really showing.

Exactly...you cant compare Top 10 1st round talent to late 6th round talent.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

panchovilla

Rookie

#3 : December 10, 2006, 07:56:35 PM

So why is he starting?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : December 10, 2006, 09:09:22 PM

So why is he starting?

because the original starter lost his spleen.....the projected #2 injured his knee in the offseason, and the veteran 3rd string QB sucks.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SOS for the offense!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools