Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: October 29, 2006, 04:22:53 PM

The common wisdom so far has been that we need defense in round one, but I think the common wisdom is wrong.  We need a QB badly and there are some good ones in this draft.  We can fix the D in free agency hopefully, but as of now it looks like we are in need of Brady Quinn, Brian Brohm, or Troy Smith.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 29, 2006, 04:24:37 PM

NO! WAY MORE NEEDS THAN QB. I find that Gradkowski has a very nice shot at becoming very good for us. He is a rookie give him a break. He was a 6th round draft choice... look at his progress. At this rate he will be very good.

#2 : October 29, 2006, 04:25:07 PM

LOL... I know Grads had a bad game but c'mon. Give him a chance to prove himself for the rest of the season before we look for a replacement. And BTW, Gruden won't draft another QB. He doesn't have the time to develop one because next season he should be on the hot seat.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 29, 2006, 04:25:47 PM

Tell me about it!

You are about to be attacked and slaughter, Grads is the future...

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 29, 2006, 04:26:20 PM

Tell me about it!

You are about to be attacked and slaughter, Grads is the future...

I am aware that this post will get blasted.  The truth hurts sometimes.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 29, 2006, 04:26:26 PM

More than likely we will see a QB signed in free agency, and Grads, Luke, and FA will battle for the starting job.  This team needs youth on Defense; I hope we address that in the draft.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 29, 2006, 04:27:35 PM

More than likely we will see a QB signed in free agency, and Grads, Luke, and FA will battle for the starting job.  This team needs youth on Defense; I hope we address that in the draft.

This draft looks pretty bad for defense.  We need to address that in free agency. 

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 29, 2006, 04:27:44 PM

Draft offense -- because there's nothing more that I'd rather see than the aging defense continue to be a step behind offensives and miss tackle after tackle.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 29, 2006, 04:28:13 PM

More than likely we will see a QB signed in free agency, and Grads, Luke, and FA will battle for the starting job. This team needs youth on Defense; I hope we address that in the draft.

This draft looks pretty bad for defense. We need to address that in free agency.

What a very genralized ignorant comment.

#9 : October 29, 2006, 04:28:20 PM

Let's use our first round pick on a QB every year. Then, when they stink (like rookie QB's always do) we can draft another one the next year.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 29, 2006, 04:30:09 PM

More than likely we will see a QB signed in free agency, and Grads, Luke, and FA will battle for the starting job. This team needs youth on Defense; I hope we address that in the draft.
This draft looks pretty bad for defense. We need to address that in free agency.

What a very genralized ignorant comment.

Look at that the players in college.  Who among them is worth a top 5 pick?  I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but don't call me ignorant again.

Orangegone1

Starter

#11 : October 29, 2006, 04:30:16 PM

The common wisdom so far has been that we need defense in round one, but I think the common wisdom is wrong. We need a QB badly and there are some good ones in this draft. We can fix the D in free agency hopefully, but as of now it looks like we are in need of Brady Quinn, Brian Brohm, or Troy Smith.
Watching those guys throw in a 30MPH wind would have been comical also. You need to run the ball or have a large receiver make 1 handed catches.

#12 : October 29, 2006, 04:32:11 PM

NO! WAY MORE NEEDS THAN QB. I find that Gradkowski has a very nice shot at becoming very good for us. He is a rookie give him a break. He was a 6th round draft choice... look at his progress. At this rate he will be very good.

Dude are blind or just a freaking idiot??? The dude went 10-50 today for 20 yards. Get a grip, get off the board and get some more kool-aid.

Look at his progess, speaks for itself and our coach continues on playing the guy, its embarassing
HE'S A ROOKIE.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 29, 2006, 04:32:28 PM

Dude are blind or just a freaking idiot??? The dude went 10-50 today for 20 yards. Get a grip, get off the board and get some more kool-aid.

Look at his progess, speaks for itself and our coach continues on playing the guy, its embarassing

Matt Leinhart today:
14/35 for 157yds, 1 TD / 1 INT

Have you ever WATCHED a team led by a rookie QB, or do you just play a lot of Madden where you can make any player look like Tom Brady on the easiest difficulty setting?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 29, 2006, 04:36:32 PM

LOOK AT THE **CENSORED**ING PLAY CALLS DUMB ASS! It was sad really. No consistent run game and no support from his recievers. Not to mention the wind. A bad game YES but is he obiously not a QB of the future NO. So im not going to leave the board because your being a little immature **CENSORED** because the bucs lost. Yeah... we are all upset but dont sit there and chastise a rookie QB.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools