Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy was 54-46 including playoffs Gruden is 40-35 including playoffs.. 2 years « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

: October 29, 2006, 04:33:45 PM

Just saying almost the same winning percentages.. , but can we blame Gruden for everything? No!!!!  Lombardi Trophy gives him 2 years to turn it around.. At 2-5 we would need a miracle for us to be a playoff team this year..

Grad get's his chance's the remaining of the season, the jury is still way out on him..

Play the younger guys on defense, and get ready to use the estimated 25 million under the cap..And as of now 3 of the first 60 picks...

I will always support the Bucs.. But in the end with the easier schedule next year,Gruden has to give up some of his resposibilities IMO.. and turn this ship around soon..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 29, 2006, 04:41:40 PM

Dungy got fired for waaaaaaaaaaaaay less then this........

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 29, 2006, 04:45:25 PM

I think the 4 draft picks, play a a huge role in this desicion EVENTUALLY..

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 29, 2006, 05:26:35 PM

I am not for bringing Dungy back, but if Gruden doesn't deserve some blame for the misfortunes of the last few years, then who does?  All Gruden Lovers ever do is make excuses for the guy.  I like his attitude at times, I like his passion, but if it doesn't equate to positive results for the Bucs, then I say we need a change.  Call me giving up, but the guy has had his chances.  At least make us competitve?!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 29, 2006, 06:22:06 PM

How does Dungy do in the playoffs again? No thanks.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#5 : October 29, 2006, 06:23:12 PM

I am not for bringing Dungy back, but if Gruden doesn't deserve some blame for the misfortunes of the last few years, then who does? All Gruden Lovers ever do is make excuses for the guy. I like his attitude at times, I like his passion, but if it doesn't equate to positive results for the Bucs, then I say we need a change. Call me giving up, but the guy has had his chances. At least make us competitve?!
Something I noticed in 2003.  In 2002, Gruden was emotional and firey on the sidelines.  Since the SB win, he seems to show little excitement during the game.  I've never been a Gruden fan, but he is our coach and as a fan I support him and the team. 

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#6 : October 29, 2006, 06:24:37 PM

How does Dungy do in the playoffs again? No thanks.
You are aware that Dungy's teams MAKE the playoffs?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 29, 2006, 06:25:11 PM

Dungy was the architect of his own demise.  All he needed to do was hire a decent offensive coordinator, and he would have kept his job.  the Bucs might not have won a SB but with the extra 4 draft picks the team might be a little stronger now.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 29, 2006, 06:25:37 PM

Damn that was a talented team that won the title..

Who couldn't get excited about them..

I want to give Gruden the benefit of the doubt, but would it hurt to have a true Offensive Coordinator..

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 29, 2006, 06:27:05 PM

Something I noticed in 2003.  In 2002, Gruden was emotional and firey on the sidelines.  Since the SB win, he seems to show little excitement during the game.  I've never been a Gruden fan, but he is our coach and as a fan I support him and the team. 

I actually have noticed that as well. I don't think you have to be a fire**CENSORED** to be an effective head coach. There are head coaches in this league who aren't that way on the sidelines. But, I have noticed how Gruden has somehow mellowed out over the course of his tenure in Tampa Bay. I don't think it's bad; if it works. If the production is there, I don't think a more 'sane' coach on the sidelines is such a problem, and it helps his health in the process. But you're right, I have noticed a change in Gruden's demeanor over the past few years. Perhaps his kids know how to lip read now; I don't know.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#10 : October 29, 2006, 06:34:17 PM

I actually have noticed that as well. I don't think you have to be a fire**CENSORED** to be an effective head coach. There are head coaches in this league who aren't that way on the sidelines. But, I have noticed how Gruden has somehow mellowed out over the course of his tenure in Tampa Bay. I don't think it's bad; if it works. If the production is there, I don't think a more 'sane' coach on the sidelines is such a problem, and it helps his health in the process. But you're right, I have noticed a change in Gruden's demeanor over the past few years.
When I saw your handle, I expected to be beat up.

I just wonder if he has lost something since the SB win.  It was fun to see the Chucky faces and his excitement on the sidelines when he was a Raider coach and his first year here. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 29, 2006, 06:54:50 PM

Dungy got fired for waaaaaaaaaaaaay less then this........
It was Actually waaaaayyyyyy more.

What good're the playoffs when you choke every time?  Or when you're so arrogant you fire the one OC you've had with any creativity and any success because you don't get along with him?
Dungy had all the picks and all the time to develop a good team.  THey sold the farm to get a SB under him and he couldn't do it.  Next year Gru does it.  Now we're buying back the farm.  See what happens next year,  he's got 1 or 2 more before the jury is in...

Larry Brackins

Starter
#12 : October 29, 2006, 06:54:21 PM

Oh my God when will Bucs fans stop talking about Dungy????

My God people.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#13 : October 29, 2006, 08:00:38 PM

Oh my God when will Bucs fans stop talking about Dungy????

My God people.
Probably never.  Under his watch, the team went from looser to a respectable winner.  Many seem to have forgotten pre-Dungy.

Orangegone1

Starter

#14 : October 29, 2006, 08:44:36 PM

I think the 4 draft picks, play a a huge role in this desicion EVENTUALLY..
Losing 2 #1's and 2 #2's had to hurt at some point. You would expect at least 1 impact player and 1 solid player at the worst. But how bad is the Oakland front office when they gained these extra picks in addition to what they had and are still a bad team.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy was 54-46 including playoffs Gruden is 40-35 including playoffs.. 2 years « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools