Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guys guys guys. « previous next »
Page: 1

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

: October 29, 2006, 04:48:44 PM

YES! We looked bad today. And it seems every week there is a new way for us to look bad. But think of it this way.. we are 2-5 and have atleast 7 "Win-able" games ahead. Are we going to make the playoffs this year? No. Its a rebuilding year. Are O is very young and inexpierenced and our D is getting very old and tired. So therefor we should all take a deep breath and realise that we should wig out because we lost to a very good Giants team at their house. We have New Orleans at home next week. A game we can easily win. Here is for ruting for our younger players to develop and win while doing it and coming right back to the top next year.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#1 : October 29, 2006, 04:51:53 PM

When did this year become a "rebuilding" year like everyone seems to want to call it since their record sucks?  This is the defending Division champs.  Usually the following year of a Division winner who didn't lose many players, isn't considered a rebuilding year. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 29, 2006, 04:53:51 PM

I think the square table decided it was allowed to call this a rebuilding year...

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 29, 2006, 05:00:50 PM

I call it a rebuilding year because I feel next year we will be in the hunt. We have 3 starters on offence that are rookies.

Orangegone1

Starter

#4 : October 29, 2006, 05:02:11 PM

When you start 0-4 and you lose you starting QB and your best CB and trade your starting DT along with 2 rookies on the OL and a rookie QB, you may want to think to think of it as a rebuilding year. Our highest paid player is very average and some of our other high paid D players are slowing down. I am already looking at next year especially with finally having cap room.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#5 : October 29, 2006, 05:03:37 PM

Shouldn't an 11-5 Division winner be 'in the hunt' THIS year?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : October 29, 2006, 06:41:44 PM

NO "winable" games! Weren't you watching? >:(

#7 : October 29, 2006, 06:42:29 PM

NO "winable" games! Weren't you watching? >:(
every game is winable

Larry Brackins

Starter
#8 : October 29, 2006, 06:44:51 PM

All games in the NFL are winnable.

Problem is we are 2-5 in winnable games this year.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#9 : October 29, 2006, 07:07:38 PM

This is definitely a "rebuilding team" now as far as the DEFENSE goes, because they have hit
a point where alot of players are going to have to be replaced in 2007 & 2008. 

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#10 : October 29, 2006, 08:23:31 PM

When did this year become a "rebuilding" year like everyone seems to want to call it since their record sucks? This is the defending Division champs. Usually the following year of a Division winner who didn't lose many players, isn't considered a rebuilding year.

Doesn't this make 3 of the past 4 years rebuilding years?  When's the house going to be finished.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 29, 2006, 08:24:44 PM

When did this year become a "rebuilding" year like everyone seems to want to call it since their record sucks? This is the defending Division champs. Usually the following year of a Division winner who didn't lose many players, isn't considered a rebuilding year.

Doesn't this make 3 of the past 4 years rebuilding years? When's the house going to be finished.
and we have had major problems at QB wether its performance or injury in all of those years.... does that not have a huge effect on the buillding process? 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#12 : October 29, 2006, 08:27:09 PM

This is definitely a "rebuilding team" now as far as the DEFENSE goes, because they have hit
a point where alot of players are going to have to be replaced in 2007 & 2008.
I always thought 'rebuilding' was when you actually had young players to plug in...wouldn't instead this be more of a 'pre-transition' year, since we presume young defenders will be added hence next year becomes the true 'transition' or 'rebuilding' and then you can argue if it's indeed 'rebuilding' or 'transitioning' ...ugh...I'll stop now.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 29, 2006, 08:30:53 PM

some of those peice RJ are allready getting some experience in practice or in the game.  Look at the D peice by peice... Wyms White Hovan are all long term parts of the DL... so we really need to draft one more guy.  Nece and Ruud are 2/3 of the lb corps.  RB/Bolden/Zemaitis/Cox will be our CBs next year most likely, and the safeties are young, they just suck.  So really you are looking at replacing maybe 4 guys on D and we will ahve cap money so its not like they are all going to be rookies.  We pick up a safety and a CB next year via FA and you draft a DL and LB... we'll be just fine.  The O is young other than Joey and Wade and is only going to improve.  Maybe im blind but thats my take

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guys guys guys. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools