Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Everyone Needs to CHILL OUT! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

: October 29, 2006, 05:01:33 PM

Jeeze...

A rookie QB, a young o-line, an aging defense that looked bad in the 2nd half against Philly last week going on the road against one of the hottest teams in the NFC and playing in 30-35 MPH winds.

What did everyone expect would happen?

Gradkowski looks like a rookie. Don't believe me? Go watch tape of the Arizona game. Rookie QBs look like Rookie QBs. When Rookie QBs are asked to throw 50 times in a game, not a lot of good things are going to happen. Period.

Everyone needs to chill -- this isn't a very good football team and there are going to be more games like this in the  future. But to sit and yell and **CENSORED** about Gradkowski sucks, etc....well, it's a level of ignorance that drags the quality of discussion on here down.

#1 : October 29, 2006, 05:02:33 PM

Finally...someone gets it.  Nail on the head Caveat.

#2 : October 29, 2006, 05:03:48 PM

Mass stupidity breaks out on this board after every loss. May as well get used to it.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 29, 2006, 05:04:44 PM

Its about time someone does make sence.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 29, 2006, 05:17:05 PM

Bah, we looked awful.  Everything we've been doing wrong was exposed all at once
on O that is
D actually looked sharp.

The line looked impotent and our recievers played like they don't care...and they've been playing like that a lot lately. 
This looked like the falcons collapsing.
Don't know about the others but the big thing I didn't like about this game is we looked like a team that didn't care. 

creekchub00

Starter

#5 : October 29, 2006, 05:21:15 PM

Give the offense time to develop together that is the key. Our defense will be solid as we continue the youth movement. Grads is young, Caddy is young, Clayton is young, Smith is Young, and our offensive line is mostly young. I am a die hard Bucs fan and I didn't expect us to win this game. We were in N.Y. playing a solid team a better team. A win would have been nice, but lets not all freak out about it.

Like Caveat Emperor said "Chill Out!!!"

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#6 : October 29, 2006, 05:25:57 PM

yeah lets invest 2 or 3 more years of bad QB play waiting to see if he develops, thought he does not have a great arm, and is on the short side, and his deep ball looks like a punt. He doesn't have the tools that most NFL teams look for in a QB, but lets go ahead and put all our egg's in his basket, while McCown and Simms leave and become good QB's. In fact we should get a handicapped backup QB, like a make a wish type of deal, that way no one will be loving on the back up because this town loves back ups.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 29, 2006, 05:24:09 PM

I watched the game in Hooters with Java and three other Bucs fans, plus Bucs fans on adjoining tables.  We didn't think Grads played that badly, and he definitely wasn't the reason we lost.  When your number one and two WRs drop with passes off their hands for big gains, and you have two key fumbles, it is hard for any QB to overcome.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 29, 2006, 05:25:13 PM

Where people should go nuts is that NYG rolls out about half of their DL and they are also down a top reserve along with a starting OLB and we still can' t run the ball to save our lives. Forget Gradkowski, in terms of criminally incompetent today he was third on the list after our WR's and the line with their total suckage on the ground in a game we had to run.

When your starting DE is out it must be nice to have Kiwanuka to step in.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : October 29, 2006, 05:28:59 PM

Chill out?? Till when? You're dead? The whole entire freaking thing sucks!! I'm tired of all the excuses for the rookie QB, the young line, the old dfense, etc. The defense stepped it up today. Everything & everybody else sucked! Including the play calling! Who says the WCO is THE system? Why can't we try another one? This version of the Bucs stinks!

BuccoJD

Starter

#10 : October 29, 2006, 05:29:58 PM

Yep we should chill,
with our #2/3 QB in playing against the best team in the NFC East, we expected to lose...but the O keeps looking worse, and I think everyone (including myself) is getting frustrated.

BayDay39

Second String

#11 : October 29, 2006, 05:35:49 PM

yeah lets invest 2 or 3 more years of bad QB play waiting to see if he develops, thought he does not have a great arm, and is on the short side, and his deep ball looks like a punt. He doesn't have the tools that most NFL teams look for in a QB, but lets go ahead and put all our egg's in his basket, while McCown and Simms leave and become good QB's. In fact we should get a handicapped backup QB, like a make a wish type of deal, that way no one will be loving on the back up because this town loves back ups.

He is learning! Did we not draft him because he fits the West Coast offense. I'm not sure about any of yall but I held my breath every time Simms was in the game. Give Grads a year to develop. Heres another news flash.... its a pretty strong assumption that the chance of us making it to the playoffs this year is slim to none. Let the players develop and learn from this year. With a good draft and strong FA pick ups we'll hopefully be fine.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : October 29, 2006, 05:38:31 PM

Finally...someone gets it.  Nail on the head Caveat.

Good thing he gave you that magical smile....I see he has entranced you!!

gharen

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 29, 2006, 05:40:34 PM

Please remember, if Galloway catches just one of those deep passes it's a 1 td game and we have the ball and driving in the 4th quarter. The receivers flat out sucked today! If you have ever played football with a strong wind you would know that half the offensive playbook was thrown out before the game even began. Grads didn't play great but he didn't play half as bad as most of you think. He was under constant pressure all day, had no running game and had at least 4 perfect throws DROPPED, 3 of them were deep. Now, this is the first time that I have had an issue with a playcall, on 4th and 1 going into a strong wind you can't call a deep pass. If he was going to make that call then he should have called timeout with 7 seconds left in the 3rd and thrown it with the wind. He should have called a naked bootleg.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 29, 2006, 05:41:33 PM

Chill out?? Till when? You're dead? The whole entire freaking thing sucks!! I'm tired of all the excuses for the rookie QB, the young line, the old dfense, etc. The defense stepped it up today. Everything & everybody else sucked! Including the play calling! Who says the WCO is THE system? Why can't we try another one? This version of the Bucs stinks!

Right -- 4th game starting in his NFL career. No excuses at all. He should dominate in conditions that held ELI MANNING under 50% completion percentage.

The WCO won the Super Bowl. Nobody minded the WCO when it took us to an 11-5 season last year. Now, with some big injuries and a lot of young players on offense, including the entire right side of the offensive line, it's the WCO's fault.

Ridiculous. The lack of logic in this entire statement is astounding.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Everyone Needs to CHILL OUT! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools