Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GREAT CALL GENIUS!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #15 : October 29, 2006, 09:05:40 PM »

Oh, like no one else is questioning Gruden's playcalling?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #16 : October 29, 2006, 09:07:33 PM »

Oh, like no one else is questioning Gruden's playcalling?
conference call?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #17 : October 29, 2006, 09:13:20 PM »

ICIT and Karen on the same page? Wow!! I think I;ll take a screen capture of that one :)

Though I did question the game plan today I am not one to come out with a thread title such as this one. If I thought I could earn a living calling the plays (or had in the past) maybe I would, but as legitimate as the topic is, Im thinking a lot of folks have had a bit too much beer today because the standard of conversation this fine day sucks pretty bad.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #18 : October 29, 2006, 09:16:55 PM »

ICIT and Karen on the same page? Wow!! I think I;ll take a screen capture of that one :)

Though I did question the game plan today I am not one to come out with a thread title such as this one. If I thought I could earn a living calling the plays (or had in the past) maybe I would, but as legitimate as the topic is, Im thinking a lot of folks have had a bit too much beer today because the standard of conversation this fine day sucks pretty bad.
As did the game. The suckiness of the conversation is in direct proportion to the suckiness of the game.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 29, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »

I am not on the same page.  I disagree with everything she has posted in this thread, we've just agreed to be civil

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : October 29, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »

Just yanking chains, but yea karen, your comment seems to sum up the day. Have a good one y'all!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #21 : October 29, 2006, 09:27:31 PM »

Complain when we run too much, complain when we throw too much - BucsGuru maybe you should be the coach as you must know it all.  Last time I checked before Cadillac had those couple medium runs he was averaging less than a yard per carry.  Must be nice to be a Monday Morning QB and think you know everything.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #22 : October 29, 2006, 09:38:53 PM »

It is amazing, for some, the way the "standard of conversation" seems to be in direct proportion to how much sunshine one blows up the team's skirts.

The play selection was poor today. I don't think that any combo was gonna win based on what we were able to do but it is hard to fathom that what we got was the optimal mix of plays for success. There's not much doubt about that and the fact that this is one of 3 games now this season where Gruden appears to have lost his friggin' mind and gone all Mike Martz because we got down a few points should make it something worth remarking on because it isn't a unqiue situation.

Yet if Galloway makes one catch on a perfectly thrown ball and Clayton makes the other one we are playing with a lead in the 4th quarter. Lets face it the calls were there to win the game and guys couldn't catch the ball and when they did catch it they readily fumbled it. The Giants had 8 man fronts all day and the run blocking was awful. Sure 8 attempts is giving up early but the run wasn't there- I do agree he should have allowed it more of a chance but to say Gruden lost his frigging mind when obviously the plays were there is a just a tad over the top. We had guys dropping sure TD's that hit them right in the hands.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #23 : October 29, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »

With guys dropping so many passes, all the more reason to try and come out and establish the run gang!  I'll change my signature if it offends, I'm definitely not a GURU as Gruden is!  Another reason for so many dropped passes; the wind was blowing 25+ mph!  Sure handed Shockley, as well as others, dropped many balls as well.  But the Giants stuck with the run(35 rushes vs 31 passes.) 
IF ANYONE IN THE UNIVERSE AGREES THAT GRUDEN CALLED A GOOD GAME TODAY, THEY DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL; PERIOD!!!!!!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #24 : October 29, 2006, 09:48:24 PM »

Should we have run the ball more?? Absolutely.
Is BucsGuru a clown?? No doubt.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #25 : October 29, 2006, 09:49:35 PM »

Just call me Bozo!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : October 29, 2006, 11:06:31 PM »

Bozo

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #27 : October 29, 2006, 11:08:16 PM »

Hey, Hey, Hey, Folks!!!!!!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #28 : October 30, 2006, 05:42:24 AM »

Gruden may ruin Grads...

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

calehawkins

Second String

« #29 : October 30, 2006, 06:14:35 AM »

Completely true- Gruden made Grads attempt 48 passes yesterday, only of which 20 were completed for less than 200 yards and no scores. We obviously were passing the ball way too much. If you saw the Kansas City game highlights, the Chiefs stuck with the run late in the fourth quarter near the red zone and Larry Johnson scored a touchdown. Although everybody has all the hype about Larry Johnson, I say that he's only good because Herm Edwards, and before him, **CENSORED** Vermeil, both stick to the run because they know there's a good chance of winning if you do. 8 carries isn't enough for Cadillac Williams.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GREAT CALL GENIUS!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools