Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the greatest boxer of all time? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 30, 2007, 06:34:39 AM

Rocky Balboa no doubt!!! ;D

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 30, 2007, 06:39:52 AM

Rocky Balboa no doubt!!! ;D

I don't know.   That loss to Clubber Lang was a pretty sound beating.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 30, 2007, 12:21:47 PM

Jack Dempsey or Rocky Marciano were the best.   Ali would be 3rd.

Dempsey was a monster I love watching those old time reels, 

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 30, 2007, 12:31:05 PM

top 10
1. Rocky Marciano
2.Muhammud Ali
3.Joe Louis
4.Joe Fraizer
5.Evander Holyfield
6.Sugar Ray Robinson
7.Jack Dempsey
8.George Foreman
9.Suagar Ray Leonard
10.Jack Johnson

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 30, 2007, 12:34:25 PM

Butterbean

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 30, 2007, 02:28:43 PM

Butterbean

he had some pretty devastating KO's

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 30, 2007, 02:46:07 PM

I'd have to say Ali. He took the sweet science to another level.

The biggest waste of talent I've ever seen was Tony Ayala Jr. Too bad that kid couldn't keep himself outta prison, he had a left hook as a middleweight that was Tyson-esque in power.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#22 : April 30, 2007, 04:47:46 PM

Have to say that Sugar Ray Leonard was one of the best of my generation and a pleasure to watch, and had Mike Tyson kept his head on completely straight he would have never lost a fight and would be retiring with a Marciano type of record by now(50-0 or better).

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 30, 2007, 04:57:19 PM

I would have to say Ali. He was great...powerful, fast, and entertaining. If he didn't miss all that time in his prime, there wouldn't even be a question on who the greatest of all time was.

I think a close second is Tyson. When he was in his prime, he couldn't be touched. He was a great defensive fighter and the quickest and hardest puncher of his generation.

Not only did his corner not use inswell to reduce swelling, they also used vaseline on his face. The problem...Mike is allergic to vaseline. Another issue was the fact he was put on anti depressants just before the fight. They made him lethargic. He got beat and then sent to jail and missed the best years of his career.

I think Tyson would have been the best ever if Cus never died when he did and the new management (and Tyson's wife) came into the picture.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 30, 2007, 05:38:17 PM

top 10
1. Rocky Marciano
2.Muhammud Ali
3.Joe Louis
4.Joe Fraizer
5.Evander Holyfield
6.Sugar Ray Robinson
7.Jack Dempsey
8.George Foreman
9.Suagar Ray Leonard
10.Jack Johnson

Ray Robinson should be a little higher, top 5. IMO, Mike Tyson wasn't a professional boxer he was more like a street fighter. Tyson was done after round 8 and above. Ali and those boxers above could last up to round 15!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 30, 2007, 05:50:25 PM

ALI> The Greatest.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 30, 2007, 05:53:08 PM

Ali no doubt was the greatest there ever was and ever will be. White people always say Marciano because he's well.. white and the only good white fighter ever.

Roy Jones was fast and a good boxer, too bad he never tested it against equally talented opponents until the end of his career when he got his ass handed to him.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#27 : April 30, 2007, 06:31:19 PM

Yeah, Roy ones did get exploited as kind of a fake in the end when he finally faced really tough fighters who were all business.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 30, 2007, 06:38:54 PM

Ali no doubt was the greatest there ever was and ever will be. White people always say Marciano because he's well.. white and the only good white fighter ever.

Roy Jones was fast and a good boxer, too bad he never tested it against equally talented opponents until the end of his career when he got his ass handed to him.
I agree. Even though Rocky had a sick record, Ali would tear him up in his prime.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

tonyflash

Starter

#29 : April 30, 2007, 09:50:47 PM

I agree. Even though Rocky had a sick record, Ali would tear him up in his prime.

How about a fighter with 230 wins who had a record of 135-1-1 at one point in his career.  My Dad has been following pro boxing since the 1930's and his pick is Willie Pep as the pound for pound best of all-time. I tend to go with Ali, but never had the pleasure of watching the greats from years past.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the greatest boxer of all time? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools